HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

NBA COLLECTIVE? "NORTHERN KINGS AAU"

balleronthecomeup45
    Freshman

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2012-01-01

NBA COLLECTIVE? "NORTHERN KINGS AAU" Empty NBA COLLECTIVE? "NORTHERN KINGS AAU"

Post by balleronthecomeup45 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Mad today i went to tryout for the 1997 northern kings team, I was shocked to notice that there was nba collective players. After getting more information i realized that Coach N of the Nba collective took all players from NBAC A team and made the Northern Kings for AAU. there was a tryout fee which was 10 dollars they made this tryout to simply make a couple hundred bucks for the organization,After paying i received a cheap t . which said KINGNATION on the back. they added maximum 2 players to the roster. i am not very impressed with that organization and i think these kinda things shouldnt be taken lightly.
    JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT THERE GETTING INTO BEFORE THEY TRYOUT FOR TEAMS
    actionjackson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

NBA COLLECTIVE? "NORTHERN KINGS AAU" Empty Re: NBA COLLECTIVE? "NORTHERN KINGS AAU"

Post by actionjackson Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

Is it the $10 charge for the try-out or is it because they already had a team and only added 2 players that's making you upset?

I agree with you on the charging of $10 to try-out!! But I'm guessing there is a cost with getting the gym and they probably didn't make a profit with charging only $10. An alternative solution would be to charge a little extra to those that do make the team to absorb some of the costs. Either way somebody has to pay for it.

As for already having a team and adding 2.... I'm guessing they needed 2 players, how else would they get players without holding a try-out?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm