HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Midget U15 D1 rankings

stevenash
    Freshman

Number of posts : 249
    Registration date : 2009-10-19

Midget U15 D1 rankings Empty Midget U15 D1 rankings

Post by stevenash Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

With the ranking due out in less than 2 weeks here are my thoughts

Vaughan Panthers are still the favorites if they field a healthy squad. Coach Nembhard has a talented group up and down the lineup and nobody outcoaches him. The gap is narrowing though as other teams are getting better and bigger. I hear they have a number of games coming up before the final ranking and those results will no doubt give us a better indication of what will happen in Windsor.

JCC is looking strong this year with a win at the DCBA tournament this past weekend. The addition of Marcus Carr has added needed scoring punch and takes some of the burden off James Kweku teye. Splitting the previous years team into a #1 and #2 team has made them much stronger. This team lacks size but their skill and tenacity will make it tough once again for the Panthers to repeat. I believe they are 1-1 against Vaughan this season but Vaughan was playing without a few key players.

Milton Stags has emerged as the new threat in D1 and with the addition of a few strong players from last season Bounce #1 have vaulted into the top 4. Their top scoring threats Jordan Braithwaite and Christian David have the size and skill to drop 20 on any given night. Both will have to be firing on all cylinders for them to be serious challengers for gold and silver as their bench is not nearly as strong as JCC or Vaughan.

Durham City Bulldogs have competed well this season taking Vaughan to OT before losing In the YAAACE tournament. They have a 1-1 record against Milton Stags. This is a talented group with many fast and aggressive players including their spark plug Jordan Henry(pg).

THE REST(not in order).....

Bounce 2 is a dangerous bunch with many talented and athletic kids. They have some big boys and I wouldnt be surprised if they get it together in May and make some noise. Not many big wins this season but this is a talented group.

Blessed Sacrament seems to have fallen out of contention as the team has lost many of their top players and as far as I know have not had any significant wins.

Etobicoke Thunder has been a bit of a surprise this season. Winning the YAAACE tournament(beating Vaughan in the finals) and the SBA tournament. Their play seems to be inconsistent though and need to be ON or it will be another early exit in Windsor. Best wins have been against Vaughan, YAAACE and Bounce 2 this season.

Brampton Warriors are led by Jordan Fullerton and Rashad Weekes. Both high volume shooters and if their shots fall they can make it interesting. Best wins are against Etobicoke, Yaaace and Bounce 2. Difficult to rank them higher as they have not competed against the best.

YAAACE could make a possible return to D1. With the addition of a few skilled and hard nosed players they can give any of the lower ranked D1 teams a battle.

These are just my thoughts so please no bashing Smile What did I get wrong or right and who else should be considered?

treydeux
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2013-04-17

Midget U15 D1 rankings Empty Re: Midget U15 D1 rankings

Post by treydeux Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

What happend to bounce 1?
    SB_baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2012-09-11

Post by SB_baller Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Good assessment stevenash. My only comment is when you said that nobody outcoaches Coach Nembhard. There are many coaches in D1 who do better with less talent. Tyler is the X factor.
    BallerShotcaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Post by BallerShotcaller Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am

Tyler is definitely an X Factor but coach Nembhard won 2 or 3 OBA before Tyler. That has to say something for the guy.
    stevenash
    Freshman

Post by stevenash Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 am

SB_baller, who are some of the other top coaches?

I would say nobody has done better than Claude since hes been D1 champions for so many consecutive years. Even his Atom team won bronze in D1. Quite impressive.
    stevenash
    Freshman

Post by stevenash Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

I heard Tyler Plummer suffered an ankle injury a few months back at the YAAACE tournament. Has he recovered?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 am