HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way!

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way! Empty Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way!

Post by knowthegame Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 am

After being probably the main contributor, to Findlay Prep's National Highschool Championship and Number 1 Ranking amongst all polls in the U.S, Corey Joseph has to really be smiling gleefully right now. The young Joseph, who's name is household in the GTA has been following in the footsteps of his father, David Joseph(arguably one of the best high school players in his hey day)and just recently his elder sibling, University of Minnesota freshman and last years Canadian High School Player of the Year, Devoe Joseph. Those family shoes are big! But this kid is showing that he not only can follow in them, but is developing his own step along the way. All year long, Corey has had poise at Findlay, playing that combo guard position, but mostly out of position at the point. When you have a McDonald All-American flying down the wing such as high-flying Avery Bradley(Texas signee), you tend to wanna hit him on the break, or through him the nasty dime or alley-oop! He's being doing that all year, but also has been letting defenders know, that you need to step your D-up or I'm gonna take ya or bang 3's on you all day. Case in point, his 18 point 5 dime performance in the National Final against powerhouse defending National Champs, Oak Hill Academy(Va.). He lit them up from all angles, and showed poise throughout the whole tourney, which had the eyes and the coaches all giving you that...Hmmmm??? Look!!! This was a strong showing for the young Joseph, and most definitely has risen his stock(currently ranked 35th overall in his class of 2010). The heads are turning, and this kid keeps yearning for more, wanting to get better every time he steps out. Next years squad will boost another Canadian kid who also helped contribute to winning the title in Tristan Thompson. With the two looking to go back to back, while improving there games...it looks like a beautiful thing is seeping out of the T-Dot. I remember seeing David, taking Corey and Joseph for early morning jogs, just to build there conditioning...Man...when it can come natural and the kid starts getting up on his own?!?...the sky is the limit. Kids if your listening...take heed to these footsteps!!!

by knowhegame

Last edited by knowthegame on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way! Empty Re: Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way!

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:46 am

Great post! Conratulations and best wishes to Corey and the Josephs.

Coach Melnik
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way! Empty Re: Corey Joseph...followin footsteps in the right way!

Post by knowthegame Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks Coach. Good luck on your upcoming season. You run a good program at FHC...and I am alway looking to do journals on teams and players, so I have you in mind.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 am

My pleasure! And thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that immensely. Keep us in mind. We are looking forward to next year!

Happy Easter,

Coach Melnik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 am