HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
bruins
SMARTBALLER
6 posters

$20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20

SMARTBALLER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

$20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20 Empty $20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20

Post by SMARTBALLER Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 am

Want to improve your game before the school year starts? Not seeing enough improvement from playing "pick-up" ball at the park? Looking for an affordable camp with top-level basketball instruction?

The next SMARTBALLER session starts Monday July 27th and goes all week through Friday July 31st. The gym is open until 3PM.

Advanced ballhandling drills, shooting clinics, advanced techniques, training/conditioning, a little leadership training, help mentor the younger players,...... and obviously some "runs"! At twenty dollars ($20) for the entire week, with top-level training, it's a great value.

Last session, prizes won included a Michael Jordan official commemorative 1992 Nike Dream Team jersey, Cineplex Odeon movie passes, SUBWAY restaurant subs and more.

High school students looking to register should call 647-234-HOOP(4667) before camp starts. There are limited spaces available because we can only train so many guys in the gym at once. The sessions are at Earl Grey Senior Public School -100 Strathcona Ave. A couple minutes walk from Pape subway station.

There will be more sessions in August. We have sessions until August 21st.
    http://web.me.com/smartballer/smartballer/home.html

Last edited by SMARTBALLER on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wording)
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

$20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20 Empty Re: $20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20

Post by bruins Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 am

weird that, your prize of the jordan jersey would be official because that team had reebok as a sponser. i check out your site and it give no info on who runs this camp.
    SMARTBALLER
    Freshman

$20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20 Empty Re: $20 for basketball camp... Yes, it really is only $20

Post by SMARTBALLER Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 am

Thanks for checking out the site. As for the jerseys, they were presented to me as such by a donor. I would be pleased to post photos of the jerseys (we have two more- Magic Johnson and Larry Bird to be won this summer) if it helps clarify.

I have not put my own info on the website, but here it is for you: Jon Steinberg. NCCP Level 2 certified basketball coach. Physical Education teacher Toronto District School Board. 15 years coaching experience including St. Anne's Windsor, BJC, Toronto 5-0, Jamaal Magloire Basketball and more. Camps include Five-Star Basketball, Bob Hurley Basketball Camp, Hoop Group Elite and more. Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise). Bachelor of Education (Physical Education and Fitness Education), Masters of Human Kinetics (Sport Management).

That is a fair question, so thank you for asking. I hadn't posted that info on the website, because the program is not simply about me. I do understand the inquiry and am glad to provide the information. If you would like more information about the camp, feel free to contact me and we can set up a visit for you so you can check it out for yourself.
    WH87
    Freshman

Number of posts : 150
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by WH87 Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Sounds like a fantastic & affordable opportunity! Thanks for the info.
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Post by bruins Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:02 pm

thats quite the resume coach, i was just saying that about the jersey stuff because i remember the story at the medeal ceremony with all the nike guys covering the reebok logo with the flag. nike is now the sponser of usa basketball though, but to be a legit jersey it would have to be reebok
    ReshawnW.5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by ReshawnW.5 Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Coach I would go for the august one but the website wont work for me what are the august dates?
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by YoungBuckz Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:57 pm

thats really good!
    SMARTBALLER
    Freshman

Post by SMARTBALLER Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Here are the dates Reshawn:

Session II July 27th-31st
    Session III August 4th-14th
    Session IV August 17th-21st
    killa10102
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by killa10102 Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 pm

it is really a sick camp i went for session 1 and actually got big results in my jumpshot and my handling and alot of my other skills im for sure coming back for session 2 and 3 and 4
    SMARTBALLER
    Freshman

Post by SMARTBALLER Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:26 am

SMARTBALLER Session 3 starts on Tuesday. For more info, please visit http://web.me.com/smartballer/smartballer/home.html

To register call (647) 234-HOOP (4667)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 pm