HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front

Eastern Basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2008-10-01

Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front Empty Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front

Post by Eastern Basketball Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Andrew Nicholson, PF, St. Bonaventure

Nicholson has been flying under the radar his whole career. He got a late start playing basketball, a foot injury kept him from being a top college recruit and despite winning freshman of the year honors in the Atlantic 10 last season, he didn't really start generating draft buzz until recently.

Nicholson had his coming out party in a big game versus Syracuse on Saturday. The Bonnie's didn't win the game, but Nicholson was huge, scoring 18 points and going 9-for-10 from the field -- before he was ejected for hitting Syracuse guard Andy Rautins in the groin.

Nicholson has drawn comparisons to another former A-10 big man, David West. Nicholson is a bouncy big who loves to attack the basket. He needs to get stronger, but scouts love the tenacity he plays with -- even if he does go a little bit overboard at times.

Nicholson cracked our Top 60 for the first time this week and could end up being a first round pick -- especially if he continues to develop that face-up game.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front Empty Re: Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front

Post by rerun Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Wow! That is high praise. I always like his game at Father Goetz. He torched us with his overall play when he played against us. That's a big step, however, he's probably already exceeded people's expectations so far. First round pick is tough...but I hope he makes it! If he's on the radar, I just hope he stays in school and develops some more.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front Empty Re: Andrew Nicholson Making Noise on NBA Draft Front

Post by rvd1018 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Andrews game Stats today

FG 10-14 FT 4-4 Rebounds 6 Assists 1 points 24
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Where is tht article from and wats the top 60 wat site
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Post by bruins Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:27 pm

does punching leos kid in the nuts get him closer to the league, i hope so
    NorthPeelHoops
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by NorthPeelHoops Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 am

[quote="bruins"]does punching leos kid in the nuts get him closer to the league, i hope so[/quote]

Was a massive "doh!" on his part with Leo in the stands looking at him for Team Canada. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:56 am