HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+4
knowthegame
CoachPaul
Coach Clement
Ronson
8 posters

AAAA OFSAA SCOUTING REPORT

Ronson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

AAAA OFSAA SCOUTING REPORT Empty AAAA OFSAA SCOUTING REPORT

Post by Ronson Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:28 am

Check out the scouting report for players at AAAA OFSAA:

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/03/aaaa-ofsaa-championships-who-stood-out/
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

AAAA OFSAA SCOUTING REPORT Empty Re: AAAA OFSAA SCOUTING REPORT

Post by Coach Clement Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 am

Were any of MT's games scouted?

They did win a bronze and were life-and-death to be in the Gold Medal Game - tied with Oakwood under two minutes to play.

The same players are always being considered it seems. This is like an amalgamation of other articles that I have seen published.

Don't scouts look at games with fresh eyes rather than going in with preconceptions?

Kanza was far better than an honourable mention. He was probably the best defender in the tournament.

What about Adika Peter-McNeilly, two MVP's and lights-out throughout the tournament? Big basket after big basket.

What about Stevie Squires coming up big in the Bronze while playing injured and Ancil Martin big boards at both ends of the floor?

Its nice to see kids like Arriri, Bennett, Petrucelli and Abdullahi get a mention but really shouldn't this be based on how players performed in this championship?

I present this from the perspective of a coach in the MT program and in light of our showing surpassing many of the teams these kids played on. We must have had someone doing something for us!
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by CoachPaul Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:43 am

I have to agree with you coach. Although the guys mentioned do deserve the praise they get, it seems like most scouting reports are the "list of the usual suspects".

I would also like to see some good articles being written about guys that step up their game and make a difference even if it is for just one game or tournament.

Just a side question - why does the MVP have to come from the team that wins the tournament? I've seen plenty of tournaments where the best player wsan't on the winning team.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by knowthegame Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 am

I talked to a few scouting services, that attended OFSSAA's and there will be more info buzzing around after they accumulate from A to AAAA. Congrats Coach, the boys at MT really did a fabulous job and are more than deserving of that Bronze!!! There is a lot of young, raw talent in Ontario which is a positive. Obviously, not as strong as it could have been, but is there, and it is young!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Coach Bob....Your kids played great and very deserving of all the recognition you mentioned. Let us not forget that Flagrant Fouls magazine is on Melnik's "Payroll" Remember the Junior Boosting article about Carr A's 40-0 season. This is the only reason MT got no love.

I guess they were pissed at the game winning layup by Mookie.
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by ballhard41 Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm

steve.nash did u get cut by carr or somtin or did u play on sum team that got fortied by carr every time why do u spend so much time hating on carr and relating everything back to a negative thing bout carr

adika peter mcneely playd very good for MT with big shots
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:15 am

For the record I have received a response from Tariq and I take no offence to his report.

He says he did not catch a lot of the Mother Teresa games and that I can understand.

I myself did not see many teams play and I say that to keep things in perspective.

I do not in any way condone the "payroll" statement above. I admit I was surprised by the support nonetheless!

As I said in my reply to Tariq, "no harm, no foul".
    gnote
    Freshman

Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by gnote Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:27 am

CB, in the same sentence you say "you do not condone the payroll statement" and then you say "you were surprised by the support nonetheless". Very hypocritical!!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 am

gnote wrote:CB, in the same sentence you say "you do not condone the payroll statement" and then you say "you were surprised by the support nonetheless". Very hypocritical!!

Not at all!

I was surprised that the statement was made because I thought the poster supported no one - least of all Mother Teresa!

But I do not agree with the statement that is not hypocritical!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:57 am

Coach Clement don't believe everything people tell you.....They were certainly at your games......we all saw them
    minihotsauce
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by minihotsauce Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:51 am

How come Jermaine Bernard wasnt put on the scouting report? In my opinion, he played really good setting up the offence, pushing the tempo, and nice defence. I really agree that they need to stop giving praise to the same people and look at others sometimes!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am