HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
smoothflow
TheGrove
Xavier Rimrocker
Mu2
touchedouche
jt
TrueTalkz50
RealTalksz
coachetob
elevator
loveball
YoungBuckz
stevelogan92
rerun
bronbron23
TAJ
20 posters

Teams to look out for? Predictions

TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Teams to look out for? Predictions Empty Teams to look out for? Predictions

Post by TAJ Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Now that OFSAA has passed, we can start talking about next year. It is never too late to think ahead. After the exodus we saw from gta basketball at the beginning, it certainly impacted the season. Do you think we will see a similar case next year? Will a bunch of good players decide to head down south? Who will remain and which team will step up? In addition, who are the returning players from your team? Who are the top new comers (possible transfers or junior players)? Also, where do you see your team stand next season?

At the end of last season, I remember many people talking about Martingrove being a strong team and winning West and OFSAA. Also, they predicted Harvey vs MCI west finals. And indeed we saw some of those predictions come true.
    So lets make some predictions and we can reflect back next year.

My First Prediction:
    New West Region Champ
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Teams to look out for? Predictions Empty Re: Teams to look out for? Predictions

Post by bronbron23 Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 am

pickering pickering pickering
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am

J Clarke Richardson and Anderson more than likely will be returning their entire teams next season. Anderson will be a top 16 team in the GTA from the preseason. J Clarke Richardson will be a top 3 team from the beginning as well.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Pickering will be young and experienced.

Mikyle Mcintosh
    Damion Rashford
    Donelle Munda
    Haboubacar Mutumbo
    Kaza Keane

5 top 10 players in the 94 age group is a great core. Next year Pickering will begin a Dynasty I believe.
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by YoungBuckz Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Vaughan.
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:56 pm

[quote="YoungBuckz"]Vaughan.[/quote]

I agreee.
    elevator
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-01

Post by elevator Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

pickering will be a strong young team
    jc richardson - if redpath decides to return , courtney dawkins a good pg (assuming hes coming back )
    henry carr- raheem aaron, maliqe and the best junior team coming up
    loyola- mike adam and rohan. with petar rusic back in lineup
    commerce -- jake hill, aaron best, grade 11 dude is wet
    mt- always strong
    anderson- justin edwards and pierre ...i think edwards has one more year
    stm- return alot of their starters.. lamar , zak, tall left shooter,

those are the core teams in my opinion
    coachetob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

Post by coachetob Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am

TAJ wrote:Now that OFSAA has passed, we can start talking about next year. It is never too late to think ahead. After the exodus we saw from gta basketball at the beginning, it certainly impacted the season. Do you think we will see a similar case next year? Will a bunch of good players decide to head down south? Who will remain and which team will step up? In addition, who are the returning players from your team? Who are the top new comers (possible transfers or junior players)? Also, where do you see your team stand next season?

At the end of last season, I remember many people talking about Martingrove being a strong team and winning West and OFSAA. Also, they predicted Harvey vs MCI west finals. And indeed we saw some of those predictions come true.
    So lets make some predictions and we can reflect back next year.

My First Prediction:
    New West Region Champ

Don't underestimate the Martingrove's Senior coach; as the junior coach, from my perspective the guy can squeeze water from rocks.
    RealTalksz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-09-17

Post by RealTalksz Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Next year Henry Carr, Pickering and once again Loyola Oakville will be the powerhouses. Henry Carr and Pickering who both have very young teams this year and still coming up with winning records this year and Loyola Oakville who has 3 starters coming back.. Martingrove on the other hand will win the west again next year.. Shawn Gray wont let a 4th consecutive west region championship slide out of his grasp very easy.. hes gonna pull all the tricks out of his books to get that 4th title.. But after that I see them losing either 1st or second round cities if they are lucky..
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

teamz to look out next season for seniorsand juniors is henry carr loyola,eastern,pickering oakwood,
    mother theresa,vaughan,jc,pope,martingrove.It's always the same teams every year, is like they recieve good players ,every school year from grade 9's that come to these specific schools .Even though I'm from toronto and now that I'm living in Btown,i some times watch peel games more,but it seems that their are never going to be any powerhouses in peel,due to the transfer policy,which is good in a way,that means there are more good games to watch,but at the same time we never make it far in ofsaa because of this policy that prevents schools to turn into powerhouses,and it just sometimes cheeses me that it's always these schools that get recognition for going far in ofsaa and there's (nuff talent in peel some of you folks would be suprised )and get a new generation of sick players from grade 9 each year.Now that d'youville is the best powerhouse in peel,nuff of the grade 10's are moving to senior next year and d'youville are not getting as much grade nines as before,due to all these new schools opening up in there area that attracts grade 8s.Sorry folks for the late long post ,I would've wrote more, but I just needed to point this out for right now
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Nuff manz be talking about that new school opening up on DY's road is going to be getting all the good grade 9s from middle school. Is that really true or a rumour? Why would those kids want to go to a school that is in its first year and has no history. Is there going to be a really good coach or what? I dont understand it, you figure more people would be going to DY.

By the way, they are just starting to build a ton of new house around DY all the way up to Mayfield, so there is going to be lots of new talent coming into Peel. The way the trend is, at least 50% of these people moving in will be coming from North York/Rexdale, so should be some nice athletes moving into region.

TrueTalkz50, you have any idea whats happening on other side of Sandalwood. Whats the word with Campion and St. Roch. I hear they building houses around there too, so should be more people moving in there as well.
    touchedouche
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by touchedouche Tue May 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Don't sleep on the teams from the east. Really don't.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Jt their building new houses by st roch and st rochs boundary is extending to campion due to so many students enrolled at campion(2400) the most in all of brampton,so students entering grade 9 must attend st roch as their new home school,but regardless, st roch is getting alot of recognition for basketball in its first year and this would attract grade 8'S to attend there school,that are suppose to reach to campion and agustine ,even manz say thay want to reach st roch who go to campion or fletchers.If this is true about that new school opening up by d'youville that is attracting grade 8's this could happen to d'youville,especially the fact that they don't receive as much grade nines as campion .

touchdouche where east ,toronto east,brampton east ,durham region
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Wed May 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Yea the new school is already up and built. It is built on same road as DY, just about 5 minutes away. I don't know what grades it will go upto though in its first year, mabye 10 or 11 Im hearing. Though for some reason Im hearing lots of kids will be going there, will be interesting to see. My guess is there is some really good coach involved in Rep ball or something.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Jt,ther's like 3 public highschools in the d'youville boundary and at least 2 out of these highscolls are likely taking potential grade 9 dy students,this in a way is going to effect d'y in the future,espicially the fact that like half of the dy junour team are grade 10's and they took the team to the rosppaa champioship, therenow moving on to senior and plus dy are not receiving enough grade 8 ballers to keep dy juniors on top for next season compared to other schools in the gta like pickering,oakwood,mt and eastern ,carr(these specific schools that ALWAYS get new grade nines every year)Campion use to be the school in brampton for ball other then dy a couple of years ago, and it happened to them when st roch opened and that school extended it's boundary, preventing potential campion grade 9 students to reach to campion.So those grade 8's who thought campion was there home school who tried to get in into campion year had to go to st roch and couldn't transfere due to the peel transfere policy which was wack,now people want to no why does peel have talente but never go far in ofsaa and it's becuase of these circumstances,I know i don't make sense a little but you guys Know what i mean.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 am

what ever grade nines d'youville gets will be good players in the future .... they DEVELOP their players!!!!
    Ex. Manny Sahota started playing in grade 7 now a cornell student/athlete
    there are many to add to the list who went in grade 9 as no names and are now playing at the next level. This is also a reason why they lose players to the states.

This is occurs at several schools across the province--> ones who DEVELOP their players. Just off the top--> Eastern, MT, Beal, St. Annes, St. Mikes, Nelson, etc
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 am

Here are some facts for those asking questions or making guesses:

The incoming grade 9's don't have a choice. When a new school is opened in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic Board, the borders are re-drawn and any current grade 8 inside the new school's borders will have to go to the new school when they enter grade 9. There is no choice involved.

The new schools in the Catholic Board start with grade 9 only and then add one grade each year so St. Roch and Cardinal Ambrozic were grade 9 only this past year and will be grade 9 and 10 next year.

Campion was about 2200 this year and will drop in size even more next year as another group of grade 9's enter St. Roch. They were the biggest school in Peel for a very short time but Xavier and Aquinas are now bigger again. However, Xavier and Aquinas will both lose numbers due to a cap (Xavier) and some re-drawn boundaries (Aquinas). Look for Fletcher's to be the biggets in Peel for at least a year until the new school opens. (See below.)

There is a new public high school school (Louise Arbour) opening in NE Brampton this Fall so Sandalwood is also going to experience the same loss of numbers that D'Youville faced with the opening of Ambrozic. The same thing will happen to Fletcher's the year after when another new public high school opens near St. Roch.
    TheGrove
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-12-12

Post by TheGrove Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm not sure about Martingrove next year.
    Their returning starters are nothing special with Sukhpreet Singh being the best by far.
    They have some grade 9's moving up to senior next year, but I don't know how successful they will be, mind Mr. Gray is a very good coach and will bring the best from his players.
    They will give other teams in the West a run for their money but other than that I don't see them making it far in cities. Look for them to bounce back in 2011-2012.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:07 pm

sandalwood senior team watch out for them!
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I heard Fletchers might come out strong next year and could be a major contenderin peel,dyouville may be interesting to watch out for next season because i think they have a few players going into grade 12 to sustain the team and i'm guessing they have a bunch of grade 11's coming up next season,so im guessing they might have a good season next year AGAIN ,mount carmel may be interesting,acension too,even sandalwood ,but I'm not sure of campion becuase it seems most of there squad had graduated this year ,but i'm guessing they might have a few grade 10's coming up this season,but this is all opinions by me and it's to early to predict ,but we will see as the school year starts to progress in september becuase anything could happen in peel becuase we have a deep league scratch
    SCIstarballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by SCIstarballer Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Yeah martingrove wont be that great, but one team that should dominate the west is Silverthorn. Everyone on that team was basically in grade 11, so each player should be back especially the starting lineup
    bob.bishof
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

Post by bob.bishof Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Vaughan all the way next year
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:42 am

[quote="bob.bishof"]Vaughan all the way next year[/quote]

Isnt Dinjyl going to prep school

1.JClarke
    2.Pickering
    3.Carr
    ballergettingmoney
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by ballergettingmoney Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:57 am

i heard alot of carr guys will be going prep next year

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am