HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+9
imthebestperiod
futurebigtimecoach
Realist
i love ball
DaRealist
Coach Clement
silentassasin
kobe>lebron
2hot2handlez
13 posters

Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke

2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke Empty Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke

Post by 2hot2handlez Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 pm

They're both on the same Ontario Team, but having known that Pangos plays on Nationals Team and Julian just performed exceptionally well at the Ofsaa finals :S Since they are both great players I just wanna you guys' opinion on who is the overall better playing considering scoring, leadership, and wellroundedness :S
    kobe>lebron
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2010-03-19

Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke Empty Re: Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke

Post by kobe>lebron Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 pm

That's tough because they play different styles...right now I'd say Clarke, better pure scorer and rebounder, passes the ball surprisingly well, and plays better D. Pangos is the better ball handler and probably a better set shooter. They both have great leadership abilities, whether their team is up 30 or down 30. Clarke also played at least 4 different positions for Oakwood this year whereas Pangos only played 2 for Denison, so that answers the question of versatility and "wellroundedness".

Kevin Pangos will probably have a more successful career than Clarke will, as he is already ingrained in our National team system and true point guards are hard to come by. He has more potential...he is also a year younger. Down the road, my opinion may change, but for now Clarke is bigger, stronger, more clutch, and better. Pangos gets more hype overall and will be better in the future, just not yet.
    silentassasin
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by silentassasin Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 pm

you cant compare them they play 2 different positions but i preffer pangos,
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:59 pm

silentassasin wrote:you cant compare them they play 2 different positions but i preffer pangos,

They're both guards!
    DaRealist
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by DaRealist Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:45 pm

^lol at above post

thats a true fact, they are both guards, but they play differently, as Kobe>lebron stated, julian has played quite a few positions, thus providing the ability to show what he can on different parts of the court. I would say the better player is kevin pangos just because his potential is reallly high, and as of current date he has provin himself on numerous occations. Julian has also shined, especially with the recent ofsaa win, the only reason im saying pangos over julian is because of the hype pangos is able to bring to the court.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:00 pm

i have seen pangos play a few times (roughly 5) and played against him a couple times...... he NEVER disappointed

my bet is that he is the most consistent player in ontario, can anyone disagree, i must admit i dont know much about clarke but i know pangos is at a high level almost every time he steps on the floor
    Realist
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-03-07

Post by Realist Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I would love to have either on my team and both have a great future ahead of them. I believe both will play D1 and be members of the National team. Still hard to believe that Pangos was not voted onto the GTA first team all star.
    2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Post by 2hot2handlez Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 pm

da realist makes a good point, i mean like julian clarke is very skilled in scoring, rebounding and basically very well rounded. However kevin pangos is so defined by his shooting, handling, court vision, passing it makes him a true point gaurd which are very rare nowadays. and this i think makes him a better player. also the fact that he can lead his pretty bad team single handed to top of their division while julian clarke already has a very good team to begin with and many players to support him. Im saying this, but after ofsaa performance by JC, i was just Neutral lol
    futurebigtimecoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2009-11-03

Post by futurebigtimecoach Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 pm

pangos will make nba, clarke will not end of story, there are alot of clarkes out there but not alot of pangos'
    2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Post by 2hot2handlez Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:06 pm

he faced him today right? do u no the results?
    2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Post by 2hot2handlez Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:08 pm

[quote="futurebigtimecoach"]pangos will make nba, clarke will not end of story, there are alot of clarkes out there but not alot of pangos'[/quote]

though his skills are very toned, his size and athletictism will not get him into the NBA unless he works hard but at the same time he is also competing with many many other players who play PG as well who are better in america. Hes good but hes not gonna make the NBA :S
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by imthebestperiod Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:14 am

Stop saying what they can and can't do because you don't know for sure there outcomes of both their futures. Both players are great players who excel at different areas of the game of basketball. They are both spectacular players that have done big things for there teams. I don't know who's better it depends how you look at it. Age wise, who wins more games, who is better at certain things. All of you guys can break it down. But its different for everyone else. They can both make it quite far in basketball. Why argue support the both of them for and hope that they can do big things for Canadian basketball.
    CoachBlakey
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-12-17

Kevin Pangos vs. Julian Clarke Empty J CLARKE

Post by CoachBlakey Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

futurebigtimecoach wrote:pangos will make nba, clarke will not end of story, there are alot of clarkes out there but not alot of pangos'

ARE YOU FRIED!

Pangos could not make the WNBA! J Clarke is now a legend! And believe me, he is in the weight room daily, getting ready for D1!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Good job coach Blakey. You earned credibility with a post like that one.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 pm

LOL^^, how can someone say there future on players of this age, you have no clue how much they will improve in the next couple years, how much they grow etc. skills wise and smarts i think pangos is the best in ontario maybe even canada, for him to make a push to go league he has to grow, thats basically what's gonna make it or break it for him. put him at 6'4-6'5, great shot, the height he is at 6'1, its going to be hard but not impossible.
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Pangos doesn't need height. If he continues to bulk up and get stronger he will be fine. Guys with his IQ and skillset don't come around easy. I'm not saying that this kid is a lock for the NBA, but as a 16/17 year old with his skill and potential, it's hard not to put the NBA into the picture.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am