HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
Nolan
rerun
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
YoungBuckz
imthebestperiod
9 posters

D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape.

imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape. Empty D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape.

Post by imthebestperiod Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnR2MCiVBcQ

What do you guys think??
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape. Empty Re: D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape.

Post by YoungBuckz Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 pm

That kid is not that nice for Tier 1 he's ok for Tier 2.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape. Empty Re: D'Andre Hospedales 09/10 Season Highlight Tape.

Post by imthebestperiod Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Why do you say that?
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by YoungBuckz Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Look who you are playing against, schools that have art programs and kids that don't really ball as much. You can pull shots like that vs. Emery or West Hill.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Well I didn't pick what school I went to. I'd love to have the chance to play against those schools.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Very unimpressive. Shots okay nothing special, ball handling is weak, and athleticism is average at best.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 pm

The video is alright. My question to you is what was the purpose of posting it? Are you trying to get recruited? Do you want people to seriously critique your game or you just wanted to put something out there for people...kind of for fun?

If you are doing it to get recruited, then people will definitely question the level of competition you are playing against. That's not your fault! You can only play who is put in front of you. If you are playing against Wexford, Bendale etc. then it is not the same as playing against other Scarborough teams like MT, Pope, West Hill and Laurier. That's the reality of the situation. People will question your game because who you are playing against.

If you are doing it just to put yourself out there and for fun, then you should know that people will definitely be critical on this site. Posters will dissect your game and give it to you straight....so hopefully you have some think skin because you may not like what some people are saying.

If you are looking for an honest assessment, then look at the aspects of your game that people are criticizing on, then go out and work on those things...whether it be your athleticism, conditioning, ball handling....work on your weaknesses and continue to work on your strengths as well.

Last edited by rerun on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nolan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by Nolan Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Looking good man. Keep up the hard work. Don't let the naysayers get you down. Stay in the lab and keep grinding. I liked the video
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I would have to say its a little bit of both. I mostly wanted some honest feed back weather it being negative or positive, just gets me motivated to work harder. Also I wanted to see what other people think I should work on.
    and Nolan thanks for the support.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Well Mr. imthebestperiod,

You got some honest feedback. The critics say you should work on your ball handling and conditioning/athleticism. The ball is in your court! You seem to have the right attitude....let the negative talk be the fuel that motivates you to work hard and improve your game. Just don't talk about it....you gotta do it....put in the time and work on your game and your body as well.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm def. going to put the work in. Do you know of any programs or summer teams that I may be able to join?
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 pm

For good fundamental training....you should check out hoopfactory for starters. Check out the site....make an enquiry and see if it is a good fit. Vidal and company do a pretty good job in my opinion. That's my personal viewpoint, but, some others may disagree. You should try to catch on with an OBA or AAU team as well....coaches are always posting information here for player tryouts.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Alright thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it.
    touchedouche
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by touchedouche Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 pm

If your serious about playing ball, work on your game this summer, and transfer to a school with a better ball program, preferably a Tier 1 school. To play in the next level, you should also make sure you work on your strength and ball IQ.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, I've been getting that advice from a lot of people. How exactly do you work on your ball IQ?
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 pm

to be honest ur video is mostly against one team which is usually a good thing (shows what you can do in a game) butttt the team you are playing looks pretty soft / slow so its kinda hard to tell what you could really do against real competition, just mho
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm

You work on your ball IQ not by watching basketball but analyzing the game and breaking it down. You look at everything from basic help positioning, how to guard the pick & roll, how to use the pick & roll/pop, how to react to a double team, etc.
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah the competition I'm playing against aren't the best but those weren't all my games. I personally didn't make the tape or get to pick or choose what the guy put in. I have a lot more footage, and yeah I get what your saying NEVAQUITNEVALOSE.
    elevator
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-01

Post by elevator Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 am

How old are you? your release is quick and pretty good looking form. crossovers looked slow and sloppy though. keep working!
    jayallday
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

Post by jayallday Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I agree with touchedouce...you should transfer to a tier 1 school. Isn't Leacock right up the street?
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm 17, and I'm really concentrating on improving that over the summer. Leacock isn't right up the street but its in my area. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking over the summer of what I'm going to do next year.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:10 am

if he transfers high schools he will have to sit out next year......no ?
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Don't transfer and lose a year. Instead try talking with your coaches on setting up exibition games and entering a few tournaments (Although your team will likely get blown out, but if you work hard you can have a good individual performance).
    imthebestperiod
    Freshman

Post by imthebestperiod Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeaa that's what I'm worried about. I'll try and run those suggestions by my coach hopefully we can get some good games and I can get a little bit more exposure to better competition.
    jayallday
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

Post by jayallday Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Why don't you tell your coach to go tier 1? Didn't you guys come second or something in tier 2?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am