HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!!

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!! Empty Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!!

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:00 am

Khem Birch now at Dunbarton is almost certainly the number 1 Gr 11 in the GTA or all of North America for that matter.

He came from Quebec and is 6-8 and very long. He was at the Addidas Junior Phenom Camp and was picked #1 in his class. See this:

www.nephenom.com/TopPlayers2.html

Also read this:

6'8 Elite Freshman forward Khem Birch has just returned from the adidas Jr. Phenom Camp in San Diego, California where he emerged as the camp's #1 ranked performer. Khem has been drawing up a whirlwind of interest from several Division 1 schools since starting the AAU circuit, and his performance at Camp has only boosted his stock even higher.

HoopScoop recruiting service has Khem ranked as a top25 prospect for the class of 2011!

Last edited by Coach Clement on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!! Empty Re: Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!!

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:15 am

And this:

Playing for Grassroots in October:

Grassroots went 5-0 to win gold at the AAU Columbus Day Challenge in Springfield Mass. on Sunday Oct 13th. They beat out BABC in the final. Grassroots' lockdown defense and excellent rebounding helped guide them past a strong BABC team that easily beat out all other competitors. Ranier Croft was a problem in the paint all tournament. Kevin Thomas attacked the rim almost at will. Kurtis Ethier was Nash-like with no look passes and perfect alleys. He also hit some deep threes and played excellent defense.

Khem Birch played way above the rim blocking shots at will. He also threw down some thunder in the gold medal game that revved up the crowd and his teammates.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!! Empty Re: Gr 11 Phenom Khem Birch at Dunbarton H.S. !!!

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:18 am

And this at a camp in New England:

The Raptors, a team appropriately named since they were comprised of players from Canada, ended up winning the team championship. They were led by Hernst LaRoche and Khem Birch, a terrific prospect in the class of 2012.

And this on the Hoopville website.

Khem Birch (6'8" So. PF-C, Ottawa (Ont.) St. Thomas Aquinas) Many were intrigued by this 15-year-old post player, who's athletic and not yet physically mature. He held his own against a nice post player he gives up two inches to in Carson Desrosiers, and if he keeps developing his game as he matures, he'll have his share of Division I suitors.
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:56 am

I hope we don't lose him to a prep school, or rather how long before we do lose him?
    Dunbarton
    Dunbarton
    Freshman

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by Dunbarton Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 am

[quote="panathas"]I hope we don't lose him to a prep school, or rather how long before we do lose him?[/quote]

Me too Laughing BTW Khem is playing Senior ball.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he come from St. Thomas Aquinas in Russell? If so, he would be from Ontario, not Quebec.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:24 am

He was there briefly from what I can figure out.

I believe he was originally from Quebec (Pierrefonds) but there have been stops along the way.
    BJH
    Freshman

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post by BJH Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 am

[quote="Coach Clement"]He was there briefly from what I can figure out.

I believe he was originally from Quebec (Pierrefonds) but there have been stops along the way.[/quote]

He lived with his father on a farm in Russell (just outside Ottawa) and attended St. Thomas Aquinas for grades 9 and 10. His mother lives in the Montreal area. He chose to play AAU this year in Montreal with the Brookwood Elite.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks for setting us straight on that, Barry!

I will edit the thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am