HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
HardWorkbeatsTalent
stevelogan92
4realballer
Coach Bee
Dunbarton Coach Deighan
ironman
peelplayer3
Alwaysthetruth
12 posters

Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm

Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-11-02

Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm Empty Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm

Post by Alwaysthetruth Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

Although its early and both teams are supposedly missing players due to various reasons, this will be for early bragging rights for PEEL this year. Both teams were very young and talented last year and according to many people they will be two of the top teams in the PEEL.

October 20, 2011 St. Edmund Campion @ Mount Carmel 3:30pm.

Hopefully they let the basketball community in for this game.

Last edited by Alwaysthetruth on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    peelplayer3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2011-10-18

Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm Empty Re: Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm

Post by peelplayer3 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Im looking for Carmel to win this, they started training earlier than most teams in all of GTA. There squads deep with 11/10 graders on the senior team. Cassidy, Hanson, Paul Galas, Shakir, Jason & Tyrell are going to be the key players in this ball game.
    ironman
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-13

Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm Empty Re: Campion vs. Carmel - Today Oct 20th 3:30pm

Post by ironman Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 am

This should be a game of running your plays,feeling out your players.Not about bragging rights. At the end it is having a full healthy squad and winning ropssaa defines the champions.Last season Fletchers had all the bragging rights.
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Post by Alwaysthetruth Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:43 am

ironman you are right about this being a game of running your plays and feeling out your players, but it also should be about bragging rights. North Peel, has had all the bragging rights for Peel for the last 4 or 5 years. This is good for Carmel. I am sure Stevelogan will agree with me on this.

Last year when Mount Carmel beat Campion twice, it made Peel South look good. When is the last time Peel South won anything was????? Oh yah Father Goetz, and they were awesome.

Campion being dominated by Fletcher's last year when they are neighbor, was for bragging rights for that community.

Where is the fun in basketball if they are no rivalries.

Im pretty sure Sheridan never wants to lose to Humber and vise versa even if its just a exhibition game. Or Ryerson vs. Uof Toronto, Carleton vs. Ottawa, Duke vs. North Carolina.

What I'm trying to say is bragging rights is good for the basketball community and sometimes defines a season for some teams even if its just an exhibition game, regular season game, or ROPSAA final.

No one should want to lose to their cross-town rivals. One of the best team of North Peel vs. one of best teams from South Peel.

This makes basketball fun.
    Dunbarton Coach Deighan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by Dunbarton Coach Deighan Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:01 pm

These types of games can be tricky for a coach. Personally, I agree that this game should be about seeing what all your players can do and taking a look at whatever systems you have taught already, but ultimately, coaches are competitive too and hate to lose.

And yes..rivalries and bragging rights in the community is part of what makes bball fun!
    Coach Bee
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2009-01-15

Post by Coach Bee Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Campion 68
    - Brent Carey 23 pts
    - David Aromolaron 14pts
    - Kedar Wright & Gurwin Elvis 8 pts

Carmel 67
    -Marcus Hanson 16pts
    -Jason Lodenquai 14pts
    -Cassidy Ryan 13pts
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 pm

"WhatAGAME". If this is what Peel has to offer for the whole season schools might have to start selling tickets at the door. It surpassed all the build up and more for the first game of the season.

Game Highlights:
    The game was back and fourth until around the 5 minute mark when Carmel started to pull away. Grabbing an 10 point lead with about 2 minutes left.

Then the coach of Carmel pulled Cassidy, Marcus and 2 other starters,leaving only Jason out there with 4 bottom of the rotation players.

Im not sure if this was a coaching error or if Tucci was trying to make a statement.

But Campion took FULL advantage keeping their starters in by going on a 12-0 run to end the game. And they ended up winning the game by 1.

Carmel's starters did not come back on the floor and judging by there reaction after the game it wasn't what they had in mind at all.

Key Players in the game were:

Campion:David Arolamon #2(non stop attacking winger) and Brent Carey #15(hit the game winning free throws, great all around player)

Carmel: Marcus Hanson#14(do it all guy for carmel) and Jason Lodenqui#12(quick attacking guard), would of liked to see more of him but he got in early foul trouble

Key points:

IMO Cassidy Ryan definitely did not look like "the top guy in peel" much less the top guy in the gym.

It was also very fun to watch Brent Carey and Marcus Hanson go at it. Both got buckets all day long and are great players.

Campion and Carmel are both VERY DEEP. Both teams can go to there 10 rotation guy and not lose anything.

Not seeing DY yet but these 2 are both my number 1's in peel.

Slight edge to Carmel though because i do believe they keep that lead if starters ended the game.

Congrats to Campion for the win and it was a great way to start off the Peel year.

Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Post by Alwaysthetruth Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:38 pm

What a great game indeed.

Carmel did control the game for the most but Campion never gave up even with Carmel 4 starters on the bench.

It was a surprise to see Campion start 2 grade ten players at senior.

Andrew Anderson Grade 10 and Malik Tyne Grade 10, Brent Carey Grade 12, Kedar Wright Grade 12 and David Aromolaran Grade 12. I guess Campion had to bring them up from junior for size. But as starters wow. Mind you Griffin Fernandes and Keon Lopez did not dress for this game and Griffin Fernandes arguably might be the best point guard in Peel.

Key play or highlight of the game:
    Was Grade 10 Andrew Anderson, grabbing the defensive rebound and going to coast to coast to put down a monster, I mean monster two hand slam on three Carmel guys (one being Cassidy Ryan). It actually stopped the game, as the crowd went wild. Unbelievable, he is only in Grade 10.

On other note: Cassidy Ryan was not that impressive, but Marcus gave Campion some problems. Jason L might be Carmel's secret to success.

Brent Carey might be the best player in Peel this year after many players have graduated or either gone to prep school.

Definitely a pleasure to watch this game. Carmel will be very good this year. Congrats to Campion for not folding.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

The dunk was huge! I cant lie. However Cassidy did not get dunked on. Neither were there 3 Carmel players in the key. #24 was the only man back.
    HardWorkbeatsTalent
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2011-10-20

Post by HardWorkbeatsTalent Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:40 pm

The 2 Juniors of the Campion squad have potential to be really good players if they keep working on their game. I could see these 2 being solid starters/players for Campion, once again if they keep the hard work going. Anyways, this game meant nothing, for both teams were missing players. Also Cassidy Ryans I heard, never did aswell as aspected, but hit a few shots for Carmel that helped the Momentum, and #14 Marcus gave Campion a run !

stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Griffen makes a difference for a Campion.

Paul and Tyrell make a difference for Carmel.

Everybody knows Tucci plays his 1-12 in exhibition games. Its a known fact. Been doing it for years.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:21 pm

4realballer wrote:Im not sure if this was a coaching error or if Tucci was trying to make a statement.

A much simpler explanation is that it's an exhibition game and it serves a coach well to make sure all players get significant playing time. There are no points earned in the pre-season; only experience.
    Charcoal Hearts
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2011-10-21

Post by Charcoal Hearts Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 pm

alwaysthetruth your a joke! you aint telling the truth lol.
    cass aint get dunked on he wasnt even past the 3point line let alone even in the play. campions player went one on one in tranisition and crossed over and then dunk it wasn't on one person from carmel. check the video!

secodn the dunk shouldnt even have counted. anybody who knows the rules of the game should know that a basket doesnt count unless it drops through the mesh. EVERYBODY in the gym knows that ball popped back up thru the rim but the refs counted the basket.

campion deserves some sort of merit for doubling teaming carmels only starter #12 and pressing there last 4 bench players with there starters? Not 4 rotation bench players but the 4 worst players on carmel and 1 starter against Campions top 5. And They still only won by 1? AND carmel still had a shot to win it lol. Campions coach should have atleast subbed 1 or 2 starters but i guess the dub is more important to him. but Campion never gave up ahahahaahaha please

I was there i counted carmel had 13 guys on the bench dressed Campion only 9. brent never left the floor once neither did #12 on campion. meanwhile carmel gave all 13 significant playing time. marcus cass and jay were on the bench together for minutes at times and campion feels like they accomplished something by beating them by 1 point? lol campion players celebrated like they won the 2012 peel title on otc 20th haha

griffen best PG in the peel? i dunno bout dat we can argue about dat lol. my opinion is dat when jay was on the floor he was the best player from both teams. he played like 8-9 minutes the whole game cuz of foul trouble but still had 14 points and didnt force anyting really took care of the ball and controlled the o.

alwaysthetruth honestly dont boost campions win like they handles Carmel at its best.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:40 am

LOL ^^^ someone is really on the defensive. Opened a new account to. must be a very upset carmel player

it's only exhibition, relax, these teams will face eachother again in the future
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Post by Alwaysthetruth Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 am

LOL...
    Charcoal Hearts
    Freshman

Post by Charcoal Hearts Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:07 am

1 im not a carmel player neither do attnd the schoold
    2 i could care less about the loss cuz both teams really kno wha gwan if carmel had any of there rotation players in. and your right they will play again and it will be much different when griffen tyrell and paul all come back and carmel tightens up the playing time.

no what my beef is how you diss cass cus he had one bad game. brent is all of a sudden the best player in peel cus cass had a bad game. then u lie and say cass was in the key with two other carmel players who got dunked on which is a huge lie. cass put 20+ pts on anybody who guarded him last year as a gr 10 he allowed to have a bad first game of the season. and to be honest 13 pts for playing about half the game isnt as bad as u and 4realballer make it seem. nobody talks about the dunk cass missed in the 4th when he went up in traffic and almost crowned the living hell out of 20. nobody talks bout how 20 knocked him in his forhead wwit his forearm. dats my main issue is how cass is being dogged. the other parts of my post is just me rambling.
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Post by Alwaysthetruth Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:15 am

LOL.

I think this is Cassidy, or his bodyguard. Dude its just an exhibition game. You are making Cassidy look bad by defending his game, when he is an awesome player. I do not think anyone would dispute that.
    Charcoal Hearts
    Freshman

Post by Charcoal Hearts Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:18 am

yea im his body guard.

let me ask you a question? did you not defend campion when stevelogan92 said that carmel slapped Campion by 20? Asking him not to boost scores? So all im asking you is not not boost what really happened in the game.So can i call you Campions bodyguard?
    ironman
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-13

Post by ironman Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 pm

From the begining i said it was a game where coaches will try new plays run different rotation.But you guys only saw bragging rights.Stop defending players or team.You guys look for it,suck it up and move on to the next game.It is only an exhibition game.
    4realballer
    Freshman

Post by 4realballer Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Whoever Charcoal Hearts is. Tell your boy Cassidy if he wants people to talk nice about his game.. Tell him he needs to shut up and prove it on the court in there next game.

Not taking Cassidy's side though... But I found a clip of the dunk on youtube that was posted by Marcus Hanson on his youtube page.

By reading the description.Seems like the Carmel players are taking the game for what is was AN EXHIBITION. If not why would they post this????

On another note ..Cassidy wasn't even past half yet. The only number I see even in the lane is #24 (who actually jumped) .

Long story short both these teams are great. I really don't wanna have to face them this year...Even though I go to the neighboring school beside Carmel.

4realballer
    Freshman

Post by 4realballer Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:47 pm

the clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuadOcdO74A
    DurhamBaller23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by DurhamBaller23 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Looks like he missed the dunk?
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Im sorry but that dunk should NOT have counted. The refs did count it. Take this basket away Carmel wins.

LOL im joking I know it doesnt work like that.

But the dunk should NOT have counted.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 pm

PS it was still pretty sick.
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Post by Alwaysthetruth Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:47 am

4realballer wrote:Whoever Charcoal Hearts is. Tell your boy Cassidy if he wants people to talk nice about his game.. Tell him he needs to shut up and prove it on the court in there next game.

Not taking Cassidy's side though... But I found a clip of the dunk on youtube that was posted by Marcus Hanson on his youtube page.

By reading the description.Seems like the Carmel players are taking the game for what is was AN EXHIBITION. If not why would they post this????

On another note ..Cassidy wasn't even past half yet. The only number I see even in the lane is #24 (who actually jumped) .

Long story short both these teams are great. I really don't wanna have to face them this year...Even though I go to the neighboring school beside Carmel.

I apologize to Cassidy, Stevelogan about overhyping the dunk saying that he slammed on three guys, when truthfully it was one guy that jumped. Truthfully it was Cassidy who really almost slammed on a Campion guy. But it is still sick for a grade 10 Andrew Anderson kid to do that. Both teams will be great this year like I said before. I really have a appreciation for the Carmel team, and players such as Marcus Hanson, Cassidy Ryan, Jason the point guard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm