HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+16
thechosenballer
gotoguy24
Wetallday
york 23
jayjay
DatBaller15
DG-10
balla man
RealBall
JusABaller
Observer_14
unknown_100
t.dotobserver
kiddddo
ballin45
jeffreys23
20 posters

TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NORTH REGION

Wetallday
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NORTH REGION - Page 2 Empty Re: TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NORTH REGION

Post by Wetallday Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 pm

anyone good on A. Y. Jackson? Herd they're alright this year
    unknown_100
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NORTH REGION - Page 2 Empty Re: TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NORTH REGION

Post by unknown_100 Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 pm

how did the two top teams jefferies n emery turn out in there game ??
    t.dotobserver
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by t.dotobserver Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:45 am

After the western tech tournament this past week, it is clear that Masih Sadri is the best Pg in the north hands down along with Nigel Lebov being one of the best if not the best foward in the North
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:00 am

The Best forwards in the North, in my eyes, is Terrell Campbell of Jeffreys & Anthony Ottley of Emery.
    gotoguy24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by gotoguy24 Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Althought this dicussion should be cut short, meaning maybe the list should consider only the top 10 players in the North. This because it seems like people are just tossing up names?? Try cutting the list down to a top 10 and try making it accurate, some of these names, where did they come from? As for this comment

-"After the western tech tournament this past week, it is clear that Masih Sadri is the best Pg in the north hands down along with Nigel Lebov being one of the best if not the best foward in the North"-

Over looking from the bleachers above, Masih is a good guard but does take MOST of the teams shots, and I think Jefferys guards played good defence on him because most of his shots had to come as soon as he crossed half, and they wernt always a hit. He had to take most of the shots for them to catch back up. As for "Nigel" being one of the best fowards? I don't really think he showed anything over Terrell Campbell. Terrell dominated this game and shot over any contested shot, even slammed on a kid from Newtbonbrook. It was a good match-up to watch, but lets remember C.W Jefferys had Newtonbrook by 25 all the way through, I seen a lot of subbing from the Jefferys bench so maybe that played a major factor.

But again, try to cut the list down to maybe 10??
    t.dotobserver
    Freshman

Post by t.dotobserver Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Regarding the comment above

I was not at the tournament when this game took place so i cant talk about the game in detail I am a fan of North toronto basketball and with that i just took the simple stats of the tournament and made my judgement along with games tha ti have seen myself, Masih does take most of the shots but the same argument could be made for Terrell campbell who also put up 37 ... he is definetely a top foward in the north if not number 1 it is a battle for that spot... but for the pg spot masih is in my opinion number 1 whether or not the defense was making him do whatever it is that you saw during the game it does not change the fact that he put up 41 points and if he was the one who brought his team back from a 25 points that sais something in itself
    thechosenballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by thechosenballer Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:03 am

i don't think he is better than kadeem francis. When emery faces jeffery's again or newtonbrook u guy's will see.
    gotoguy24
    Freshman

Post by gotoguy24 Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:03 pm

T.dotobserver you are right..

You COULD make the same argument about Terrell Campbell who ended with 37pts, about taking most of the shots for C.W Jefferys. But being at the game would have made you think otherwise. Terrell shut down his defender and put him in foul trouble also. But as for taking [u][u]most[/u][/u] of the shots, I would have to disagree on that one. The only reason I'd disagree is because he made some good passes to other teamates during the game. Masih is good dont get me wrong, he did hit his shots, and I think if Jefferys coach didnt sub in his whole bench the outcome would have been different. Although I do think Masih does take [u]most[/u] of the shots for his team. As soon as he crossed half he had no choice to toss up a shot because he could not get anyone the ball. If I remember correct the same thing was said last year regarding Devoe. Not trying to change topics, but people would only say Devoe only scores so much because he took [u]most[/u] of the shots for Pickering and would shoot from anywhere. Could we say the only one Newtonbrook really has is Masih?

But again, the thread is about top players in the North. How about cutting it down to a top 5 or top 10 only.

1.Terrell Campbell - C.W Jefferys
    2.Michael Obeng - Emery
    3.Kadeem Francis - Emery
    4.Masih Sadri - Newtonbrook
    5.Gale Mohammad - Westview (although he did not have a great Jarvis tournament. He didnt look that great, but still can be up)

As for other teams, havent heard much about players on them. And as for a comment about someone from Earl Haig, I do not see no top 5 from that team, sorry!
    york 23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by york 23 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 pm

masih from newtonbrook is NOT good, anthony from emery is MUCH better regardless of position.......gale is alright but nothing special........my top 5

1.Terrell Campbell - C.W Jefferys
    2.Michael Obeng - Emery
    3.Kadeem Francis - Emery
    4. Anthony Ottley - Emery
    5. Jesse Dawson - Westview
    unstoppable
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-10-29

Post by unstoppable Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:58 pm

I saw AY Jackson play against George S Henry and they arent too bad they have some alright ballers names would be Tarun, Idrees and Jason I dont know their jersey numbers though
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Whos Masih Sadri whats his position
    destruction22
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by destruction22 Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:22 am

I seen some heavy players from fleming that i think shud be up dere like Jason, Theo and Jermaine the big three from fleming and from Boylen Kadeem, Rico and Andrew
    bonez07
    Freshman

Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by bonez07 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Masih is the PG for Newtonbrook.
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by DatBaller15 Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Masih is quite a good player, but what about Michael Obeng from Emery and Jermar Jamieson from Downsview. Both have put up good numbers against top teams.
    york 23
    Freshman

Post by york 23 Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:12 pm

masih sucks, he is a decent shooter thats it.......he takes advantage of some terrible defence at times and thats where his numbers may come from but any decent defender can easily shut him down
    t.dotobserver
    Freshman

Post by t.dotobserver Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Seems as if we have a hater... I myself have seen him play and he definetely does not suck. The numbers speak for themselves and from what ive seen throughout this thread all York 23 has done is hate on newtonbrook and especially Masih Sadri... the team is #16 and has worked hard for this and im pretty sure they have beat some good teams this year.
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Post by DatBaller15 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:19 pm

You really need to stop hating on Masih Sadri even though he getting a bit overrated on this. We need to start talking about the other point guards who are major factors for their teams like michael obeng, jermar jamieson, josh smith and the pg for westview.
    york 23
    Freshman

Post by york 23 Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:49 pm

lol come on get real, anybody who thinks masih is a top player knows very little about basketball......okay saying he sucks is maybe too much cuz he is better than average, but he is definitely nothing special, he shoots way too much and when its not dropping he hurts his team more than he helps them......all of the PG's mentioned above are much more valuable to their teams
    gotoguy24
    Freshman

Post by gotoguy24 Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:30 pm

Yes, lets "get real" here. Masih is not an amazing player, and no hate intended, but he is really nothing that special. Although I did have him in my list, I think I could produce a better one. He is good yes im not taking that away from him, but maybe the only reason he is putting up numbers is because he is the one who takes a HIGH percentage of the shots on his team. Yes, if the team isnt moving or getting open the guard can take the shots, but other guards like Michael Obeng from Emery dont pull up right after halfcourt because thats the only spot they can take the shot from. Slap some tight D on Masih and he cannot rely on his shot.

But lets be reminded of what this topic is called "Top 25 Players in the North Region" Now yes 25 might be too HIGH of a number, and people will just toss up names. But for those commenting on the "nice white guy on Earl Haig" or "flemming" lets be HONEST in this thread. Earl Haig, yea there an alright team, nothing special and nothing to fuss over. As for that "white guy" that was stated, a little defence on him or getting into his head shuts him down EASILY!! As for Flemming, no hate towards them or the team but what is their record? They are not a productive squad and doesnt seem like they have "top" players if they are getting blownout by teams?? Same goes for Boylen.

But yes, lets start talking about the other TOP guards/players in the North.
    Havent heard anything this season about Josh Smith, no noise so why put him in the top?? Lets get it correct...we are trying to see the BEST, TOP players in the North. Tossing out names NOONES heard about isnt coming up with a GOOD list. Like I have been stating, 25 seems like too large of a number to start with, maybe drop it down to 10 or 5, thats what this topic IS about correct?

It seems people agree on
    1. Terrell Campbell - C. W. Jefferys
    2. Michael Obeng - Emery
    3. Kadeem Francis - Emery
    4. ?????
    5. ?????

Think realistically now, who would you fill in the blanks with??
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Post by DatBaller15 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:09 pm

my top 15 would be:

terrell campbell
    michael obeng
    kadeem francis
    gale mohamed
    anthoney ottley
    tyler wilson
    jermar jamieson
    jesse dawson
    kadeem gray
    masih sadri
    damone walters
    josh smith
    dean boca
    nigel lebov
    andrew stewart

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am