HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Lossa

aces99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2011-11-16

Lossa Empty Lossa

Post by aces99 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 am

Well if you want to listen to the story from the GL Roberts coach and a concerned parent about the senior girls team not gettting the chance to play their playoff games you can hear their story with David Grossman on Fan590.com. They were on the radio this morning. Go to the fan590.com webpage then choose on air then scroll down to David Grossman. Then click on him. Then his page will come up then at bottokm of page it will bring the link up. Darlene tapley and John Pfeifer. The segment was on approximately 1 1/2 hours into the 2 hour show.

Aces99
    aces99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2011-11-16

Lossa Empty GL Roberts

Post by aces99 Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Well I agree that there my have been a setup and our girls were affected by some petty and childish executive. This does not help the girls that were looking forward to the Ofsaa experience. A few of these girls are going to graduate this year and won't have the chance to go again. My daughter is going to college next September and she wants to continue to play basketball in college. She was hoping to go to Ofsaa to get herself ready to possibly play college ball.Now I think it is time that we have the Lossa executive disbanded and have a new executive in place with outside representation as well from maybe a parental committee who can help in the appeals and protest side of things. When you have only coaches involved in some decisions and some are part of the executive that might have their schools involved the judgement can become very clouded. As for this current executive they should really look at themselves and see what they have done to these girls emotionally and how they because of some stupidity of the the people involved have ruined their final year in high school basketball. Paul Creeden himself should step down as president effective immediately as he is a disgrace to the Durham Board. To not speak to the girls when they went to speak with him to get answers is the lowest form ignorance that can be shown to anyone. As for the GL Roberts coaches being banned from convening ever gain is also the biggest farce that LOSSA has ever done besides this latest decision. They work hard getting their teams to where they are today. They take a lot of time away from their families to coach these girls and the boys teams. My son just graduated from GL Roberts this past June and he played under both Mr. Pfeifer and Mr. Dunn and he loved every bit of it. They are probably some of the best coaches Durham have and for this to happen to them and the senior girls is a total disgrace.

aces99
    Bill Stapley
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-11-02

Lossa Empty Re: Lossa

Post by Alwaysthetruth Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:42 pm

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/sunday_morning/sm_20111120_100736--November-20-Edition-of-Sunday-Morning.mp3
    actionjackson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

Post by actionjackson Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:50 am

So, can you blame an athlete and/or their parents for trying every trick in the book to get tranferred to another school to avoid getting caught in the mess and politics at the executive level?
    Why punish the girls? And the way they did it.... too obvious.
    Sounds like LOSAA is one big mess!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm