HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Myck Kabongo

petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Myck Kabongo Empty Myck Kabongo

Post by petro Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

This kid is for real... what a talent. Saw him play a few times this year via live stream... but after seeing him last night against Kansas - I got a way better perspective of his speed, handle, and ability to make those around him better.

I see why Cory left Texas when he did... I think Myck woulda pushed him out of the pg spot.

Probably a one and done... and my bet is he goes lottery even in this years deep draft!
    ThaIceman
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38

Myck Kabongo Empty Re: Myck Kabongo

Post by ThaIceman Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 pm

What now...another Ro special...no??? Season up in flames!!!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/article/1306018--myck-kabongo-suspended-23-games-by-ncaa-for-impermissible-benefits-false-statements

afro
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Post by petro Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

What is your point???

This has nothing to do with Ro!

Kid got caught up with some poor advice by an agent, connected to Corey and Tristan's agent luring him for the draft.

Rules are too stringent on these student athletes... and for what they bring to their respective schools in terms of $$$ and the handcuffs they have to walk around in.. it's not fair.

He is still a major prospect for the NBA.

dak1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by dak1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm

He played last night - 13 points, five assists, and seven rebounds in an OT victory over Iowa State.

I am not an expert on the NCAA rules on players, but I hope that he has learned that there are in fact rules that all have to follow (everywhere in life). I guess what made this even worse was that he provided false statements at the hearing. He has now served his consequence; it is time to learn from it and move on.

I have not been following Texas at all, but I imagine that his return will be huge for the team. I am excited to now have another talented Canadian player to follow in the NCAA.
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Post by petro Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes rules are rules and you have to follow them. Bottom line... don't lie and cheat.

But change is good... and a lot has changed in sports and society since the inception of this archaic NCAA system... and the NCAA needs to catch up with the times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:20 pm