HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
BallingIsMyHobbie
yraa
6 posters

York Region 2008 ~ 2009

yraa
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

York Region 2008 ~ 2009 Empty York Region 2008 ~ 2009

Post by yraa Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:55 pm

The number of games that are won by 20+ is increasing and I guess that comes with this new format. I have to say though, that the season has surprised me so far (In no specific order).

#1. St. Theresa of Liseux - By no mean am I trying to disrespect them, but I have been fairly disappointed with their play. Their 5th year players were all key contributors last season and were expected to produce much better numbers. The loss of Nana in their lineup will be watched, as he is one of the better players on the STL squad.

#2. Markham District - The recent lost to Laurier in the Prestige tournament has raised some eyebrows, as MDHS is supposed to be one of the top 3 teams in York Region. The recent injuries to Brandon Bos and Mike Forbes, unsure of severity, has brought tremendous pressure upon the MDHS bench and we will see how they produce as the season progresses.

#3. Brother Andre - BA was coming into the season with their heads very high and confident of their team, but with a recent loss to a Stoufville team, it is bringing up a question that was brought up earlier, how much do they miss Kameron Latouche? With the recent loss, I would take them out of the top 6 that I put them in earlier in the season.

#4. Kevin Pangos - From what I've seen and heard, all I can say is, what a talent. When I watched him play last year in the YRAA playoffs, I saw a fundamentally sound player who lead a not-so great Denison team deep into the playoffs. Now as a grade 10, he is playing exceptionally well. At the Maple Classic, by no means the toughest competition, he averaged 34 points in the tournament and received tournament MVP. I can't wait to see how he turns out in a couple years.

Just one man's thought! Feel free to comment.
    BallingIsMyHobbie
    BallingIsMyHobbie
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

York Region 2008 ~ 2009 Empty Re: York Region 2008 ~ 2009

Post by BallingIsMyHobbie Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

I think BA is still a top 6 team, they just need to be coached properly, their coach isn't so good, and he subs them off randomly when their actually playing good.
    I need to see this Kevin Pangos play, cuz i keep hearing about him.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Personally i think Brother Andre would be better without kameron latouche, all he did last year was hogging the ball...and pouching never got any touches...but this year pouching is playing sickk cuz hes gettin shots and stuff

And yraa you shouldnt say kevin pangos...you shude say denision....just think about how the team would feel if they saw this forum and people give them 0 recognition...not taking anything away from kevin..hes a great player but its not just him.. its a team sport
    E.R.
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by E.R. Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:51 pm

how big is this kevin pangos character?
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

[quote="bronbron23"]Personally i think Brother Andre would be better without kameron latouche, all he did last year was hogging the ball...and pouching never got any touches...but this year pouching is playing sickk cuz hes gettin shots and stuff

And yraa you shouldnt say kevin pangos...you shude say denision....just think about how the team would feel if they saw this forum and people give them 0 recognition...not taking anything away from kevin..hes a great player but its not just him.. its a team sport[/quote]

He wasnt mentioning teams, he was listing a number of things that has suprised so far this season, kevin being the #4 thing that has surprised him. I understand where you coming from, but thats not what yraa was trying to say.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Post by bronbron23 Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:13 pm

sorry my fault...i misunderstood what your saying...and yea i have to agree witth you kevin is playing outstanding at the senior level and is going to make some noise in the playoffs
    yraa
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by yraa Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Yeah by no means was I disrespecting the rest of the Denison squad, you can't win with one player. They have another great player in Zach Marcelline as well. I'm looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out for each and every team!
    As for Brother Andre, I wish them the best of luck, but coaching will be a key factor. I have seen Anthony Pouching play both in MDHS and BA and he is a great player, but I would like to see a more consistent effort from the team, again coming back to the game against Stoufville, a game that they should've won.
    Does anybody know the severity of the injuries on the MDHS squad? Brandon Bos and Mike Forbes are both great players and it would hurt this team greatly if they are out for an extended amount of time.
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:05 am

Mike Forbes sprained his ankle, didn't play on saturday because it was sore and coach didn't want to make it any worse. He should be playing Monday against Brother Andre. Brandon is the more serious injury of the two, he was working out and someone dropped a plate on his foot. He played through it against St. Francis but again coach didn't want it to get any worse so he rested him. Brandon is doubtful for monday's game.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Post by bronbron23 Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 am

Brother Andre and MDHS will be the game of the east this year...whoever wins this will get bragging rights and that extra confidence, if bos is out i think it is going to be tough for mdhs...but it would have been nice to see two ex-teammates go at it with bos and pouching, but we'll see if bos is out i think brother andre will win but brother andre will get out coached so its gonna be close
    dime55
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by dime55 Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:56 am

Is it just me or do you guys not watch any of the games and just sit on the computer and yapp. I have been onserving the games in work for awhile and i can tell you that BA is not a team that will contend. If they make the playoffs i will be suspirsed as the team has no chemistry, poor choaching and lack of discipline. Teams like MDHS, Milliken, Thornhill even FMM will destroy this team without a doubt. Ba was tied at half with Bur Oak, stuggled to beat PET, lost to Stouville and ddidnt play amazingly well agisnt Augustine. Befor you yapp make sure you know wat your talking about
    BallingIsMyHobbie
    BallingIsMyHobbie
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

Post by BallingIsMyHobbie Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 pm

When Brother Andree faces MDHS, I think MDHS would win, just because of the coaching. Markham has a good Press, and a good bench. Brother Andre doesn't really have any good set plays, they just Play, but their still good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:50 pm