HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

Big Mo Starts his Comeback

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Big Mo Starts his Comeback Empty Big Mo Starts his Comeback

Post by Coach Clement Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:41 am

Maurice Walker of the Minnesota Golden Gophers has been sidelined since December 2010. He made a successful return last night.See this tweet:
    Mo Walker just earned the Boston Scientific heart of the game with 8pts, 1 stl, 1ast. Welcome back, Mo! #Gophers

And this from TwinCities.com:

Walker ignited the fans once he checked into the game at about the 14-minute mark in the first half. It was his first time playing in a game for the Gophers since injuring his right knee on Dec. 23, 2010, against South Dakota State.

The Toronto native quickly put his massive frame to use while muscling in a layup in less than a minute. Walker, who displayed a left-handed hook shot, finished with eight points on 4-of-4 shooting from the field, with three fouls.

"It was exciting," Walker said. "I was just happy to be out there. It brought back old memories from freshman year. I just tried to be out there and do what I do best: be a big presence inside. And it paid off today."

Mo is a great talent and better still just an amazing young man! I am very happy for him! Very Happy
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Big Mo Starts his Comeback Empty Re: Big Mo Starts his Comeback

Post by petro Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:30 am

Awesome stuff... hope it gets even better.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:21 pm