HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+45
Coach Mike
Coach Mills
t43
coachalkins
BigTimeScorer
isolation
ball_2_live
Up&Comer
Mrs.BallFan1
lilballer09
nuttin_but_net
Baller5
baller_t
george
freshy balla
balla_1
RespectBaller
MississaugaBaller
maple kid
Be$t Baller$
Tila_Tequila
stevelogan92
CoachPaul
JShot24
Coach Clement
bk
Legendinthemaking(L)CM
DaFuture...
killaballer
BallinIsMyJob
Rexdale Coach
Peel Fan
BoyballerSouth
simple touch5
Baller34
tart11
THESCOUT
coachmark
rising_star_34
4realballer
basketball_atr
BornToBall
CoachImgrund
Xavier Rimrocker
49 posters

Junior Rimrocker: Results & Standings

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Junior Rimrocker: Results & Standings - Page 6 Empty Re: Junior Rimrocker: Results & Standings

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:28 am

After the 3rd quarter:

Vaughan 43-42 Pickering

Pickering made an 8-0 run to start the quarter and has never trailed by more than 3 since then.
    BigTimeScorer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Junior Rimrocker: Results & Standings - Page 6 Empty Re: Junior Rimrocker: Results & Standings

Post by BigTimeScorer Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 am

dis is really disappointing cuz da way carr b was playing i think would have gave dem da title in da end (yes beating pickering)
    Mrs.BallFan1
    Mrs.BallFan1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-01-10

Post by Mrs.BallFan1 Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am

[quote="BigTimeScorer"]dis is really disappointing cuz da way carr b was playing i think would have gave dem da title in da end (yes beating pickering)[/quote]
    It really is disppointing
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 am

Pickering 48-47 Vaughan with 1:42 left in the game.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Gold Medal Final:

Pickering 53 (Mikyle McIntosh 20), Vaughan 50 (Roshane Roberts & Cy Williams Samuels, 10)
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 am

Tournament MVP: Mikyle McIntosh (Pickering)

All -Stars:

Shaquille Francis (Pickering)
    Brandon Tull (Pickering)
    Roshane Roberts (Vaughan)
    Dinjiyl Walker (Vaughan)
    Aiddian Walters (Vaughan)
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:46 am

An amazing job as always, Jason! Cool

Some very unfortunate events but your time and effort was not in vain. The basketball community is indebted to you for all that you have done!
    coachalkins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by coachalkins Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:27 pm

My thoughts exactly Coach Clement. Jason and the Tucci brothers et al once again have outdone themselves. This tournament was run with class and excellence. Congratulations to Pickering and a well deserved win. A clean and competitive game, great way to end the tournament. Vaughan is still learning and we hope to keep getting better. The Vaughan community should be very proud of our young men, they gave it their all these past 4 days.
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:39 pm

How come there were no Henry Carr players on the All-Star team? As an outsider, looks like either because it is punishment for withdrawing or because they are blamed for the incident.

Either way not good.
    Mrs.BallFan1
    Mrs.BallFan1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-01-10

Post by Mrs.BallFan1 Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 pm

[quote="tart11"]How come there were no Henry Carr players on the All-Star team? As an outsider, looks like either because it is punishment for withdrawing or because they are blamed for the incident.

Either way not good.[/quote]

I agree
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:25 pm

This is the first and only time I will respond to such baseless conjecture.

I have made a promise to all those involved not to go into details about the incident and it is sad that some have chosen to take advantage of this to insert their own uninformed assumptions. You obviously know very little about a group of dedicated ***VOLUNTEERS*** who have put in hundreds of hours over each of the past six years to provide a service for the basketball community.

Coach Bob and Coach Alkins, thank you very much for your comments. I certainly respect the opinions of those who also put in countless hours every year in service of high school basketball.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:35 pm

[quote="tart11"]How come there were no Henry Carr players on the All-Star team? As an outsider, looks like either because it is punishment for withdrawing or because they are blamed for the incident.

Either way not good.[/quote]

Punishment, Yes, but for withdrawing no!
    t43
    Freshman

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by t43 Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 pm

We also appreciated the high quality of professionalism and dedication that has always surrounded the Rimrocker. Every year we hold a twelve team tournament and I think that is crazy in itself so how you manage to survive, especially right after the Christmas season organizing 32 teams is absolutely incredible! Thank you very much for all your effort and hard work and to all the volunteers and scorekeepers and organizers at all four schools well done! Looking forward to next year! and thank you Jason for allowing us to be a part of a fantastic tournament - Coach England
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:32 pm

The junior rimrocker is the greatest tournament I have ever witnessed. You have 90% of the top junior teams from all over Ontario competing in one tournament. Not only that, but 32 teams, 4 sites. Amazing how scores are updated that fast.

BUT when you have such a prestige event and the hype surrounding it, it is normal that the event will get a huge amount of attention especially when something negative occurs.

You had 2 of the semi-finalists in the junior rimrocker withdraw for apparently no reason. This is like two OFSAA semi-finalists withdrawing. This event has been called the Junior OFSAA. This did not occur during the round-robin games between two last place teams. It is only human nature to want to figure out why.

Why not tell people why those teams pulled out and let the people responsible deal with the consequences. Everyone should be responsible for their actions. Honesty is the best solution here, but I will respect your wishes and not comment on this anymore.
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Unfortunately I was away with our school's senior team in an out-of-town tournament but I'd like to reiterate what my Co-Head Coach relayed to me: it was a well-run tournament from top to bottom, just like it's been in other years.

Thanks once again to Jason and the Tucci brothers for going that extra mile from properly seeding and grouping of 32 teams across Ontario, anticipating possible scheduling issues, organizing four venues across the GTA, and addressing the unexpected in a fair and proper manner.

Well done gentlemen!
    Rexdale Coach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by Rexdale Coach Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 pm

I was not at the tournament on Sat but this is a very unfourtunate turn of events that has occurred. What doesnt change is the tremendous work that the Jason and the Tucci brothers do to make this incredible event happen! These guys work their buts off to make Rimrocker the biggest events in high school basketball. I have the priviledge of knowing these three well and I know that the selections of the all-star team and all the other accusations made towards them in this regard are totally and without a doubt unfounded and unfair! What occured for whatever the reason should in no way reflect on Rimrocker the VOLUNTEERS, and school community! I have run a large tournament for a few years now and I have to say this is no picnic at times. But running a tournament of this magnitude which brings together the vast majority of the best players, and teams is no easy task! So lets get off the crap clean-up the BS no matter where it is and recognize the entire Rimrocker team for their great contribution to the basketball community! THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DO !

Some individuals made a poor decision regardless of what jersey they wear on the court, it has no place in basketball! We need to wake up as a community and finally realize that the black marks on basketball and often negative responses by administrations and volunteers to get involved are directly attributed to the nonesense and BS like this that occur in the entire community. This is not the first and unfourtunately I feel it wont be the last that will continue to scar the basketball community as a whole.

Players ................WAKE UP...................................people volunteer their time and energy to make you guys better ball players, athletes, students, and more importantly people! Its time we stand up and say that this stuff is not welcome and put and end to it! Basketball is priviledge and definitely defnitely not a RIGHT!
    Coach Mills
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by Coach Mills Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Does anybody know if Henry Carr B got new people, or they just stepped up?
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Coach Mills

I don't know if you have had the opportunity to play against Carr B... but they are for real... whether they got new players or not...they might be one of the top 3 or 4 junior teams in the GTA... cause those kids can play.. .they are disciplined, run through their offense, play good defense, rebound and move the ball around. That along with the fact they have some great individual talent and an eraser in the middle.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Why aren't Coach Melniks posts being deleted?
    He is basically giving us the first half to the story. I tried to share what happened after with no bias. I admit that wasnt the best thing to do and rightfully so my post was deleted.
    Why is he allowed to plead his case when the rest of us are not?

No disrespect coach
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447

Post by HooptownGTA Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"]Why aren't Coach Melniks posts being deleted?
    He is basically giving us the first half to the story. I tried to share what happened after with no bias. I admit that wasnt the best thing to do and rightfully so my post was deleted.
    Why is he allowed to plead his case when the rest of us are not?

No disrespect coach[/quote]

Agreed. His posts have been deleted.
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by VCforMVP Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:36 pm

thanks hooptowngta for organzing such a wonderful and opinionating website that we all love , you continue to make this website as clean as possible.
    cheers
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 am

The B team has not added any players.

Coach Melnik
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 am

It's only natural that the Carr B team gets better with time. With all grade 9's and excellent coaching, I'm not surprised that the B team has come this far in just three quarters of a season.
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 am

iz carr A or B in ne mo tourneys diz yer?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 pm

[quote="CoachImgrund"]It's only natural that the Carr B team gets better with time. With all grade 9's and excellent coaching, I'm not surprised that the B team has come this far in just three quarters of a season.[/quote]

Not to mention a ton of talent! Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am