HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

On the lookout

ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2012-12-18

On the lookout Empty On the lookout

Post by ThatHoopKid Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:04 pm

John Cabot is on the lookout as they are 7-0 and don't look to be losing anytime soon. They are tier 2 but there stats and team are far past that level as they play like a powerhouse tier 1 school. The key to their success is there Point Guard Sean Fasoyiro and the 6'6 SF Brendan Sackey-Afriyie. They have a solid shooter that knock down threes at any time Shamar Rodrigues, a point guard with amazing passing skills and a 6th man PG who is just as good.

If you have not seen them play they are definatley a team you want to check out as they never disappoint. Their last game Brendan Sackey-Afriyie had 28 points with 15 rebounds added to his game and a couple assist to, despit foul trouble he played like a monster dominating streetsvilles 6,8 center.
    ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

On the lookout Empty Re: On the lookout

Post by ThatHoopKid Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:14 pm

The 2 point guards names are Charles Odunlami, and Toba Balogun. Charles is the starting point guard, in his last game he racked up 13 assist. Toba is a rising grade nine who averages 13.5 points a game as a 6th man
    MikeScouting
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-01-15

Post by MikeScouting Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:22 pm

I have worked with the Point Guard Sean Fasoyiro many times at the Valleys Community Center this kid is something special I tell you. His dedication is far from many I have seen and is a training machine. Brendan is a great kid I don't much about him I've worked with him a few times but one thing I know for sure is he knows how to straight up ball. Not sure about Brendan but the link to the guards twitter is https://twitter.com/Hoopersean_ if you want to check him out.
    MikeScouting
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-01-15

Post by MikeScouting Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Also I got to peep one of the season games of these boys they have a starting PF that seems pretty solid he is raw but knows how to play his row and hustle, He puts up points although he can get lost sometimes he always makes up for it I only saw the back of his jersey it was Owusu-Boakye. This teams is quite fun to watch.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 pm

ThatHoopKid wrote:John Cabot is on the lookout as they are 7-0 and don't look to be losing anytime soon. They are tier 2 but there stats and team are far past that level as they play like a powerhouse tier 1 school.

Have they beaten any powerhouse tier 1 schools in tournament play?
    ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

Post by ThatHoopKid Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:51 pm

The same team beat Holy Trinity by 15 last year they held Elijah Locostro to under 10 points
    ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

Post by ThatHoopKid Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:03 pm

They also beat Goetz last year in season play and Aqounis this year in tournament play. There next biggest team they are playing is Mccnab as they play them in an upcoming tournament.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 pm

ThatHoopKid wrote:The same team beat Holy Trinity by 15 last year they held Elijah Locostro to under 10 points

If you're talking about the Mentor tournament that was the Holy Trinity grade 9 team, not the junior team.

ThatHoopKid wrote:They also beat Goetz last year in season play and Aqounis this year in tournament play. There next biggest team they are playing is Mccnab as they play them in an upcoming tournament.

Macnab will be an impressive challenge but Aquinas is most certainly not a powerhouse tier 1 school; they are winless in league play.
    ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

Post by ThatHoopKid Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Well , just putting out there that John Cabot is on the come up and not your basic tier 2 school... Even with the grade 9 team , Grade 9 Brendan Sackey-Afriaye led the way that game w/ 16 points 16 rebounds and 5 blocks against holy trinity.. also SG Shamar Rodriques provided valuable bench points racking up 13 and they won despite not having starting Grade 9 PG Sean Fasoyiro due to Injury
    ThatHoopKid
    Freshman

Post by ThatHoopKid Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

John Cabot vs Macnab will be truly a challenge and test for the John Cabot players... nameing Aquinas was just a way of putting that Cabot has the ability of beating a teir 1 team as they did to Goetz , them being winless has nothing to do with Cabot defeating them ... also mentioning Brendan Sackey was NOT playing vs Aquinas in the Phillip Pocock Inivintational

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:36 pm