HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Top performers of the week by Toronto Star

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Top performers of the week by Toronto Star Empty Top performers of the week by Toronto Star

Post by panathas Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 am

By David Grossman

Brandon Bos, Markham.
    I know he's not Bruce Springsteen, but forgive me for having some fun at the end of a long week. He's "the Bos" of a Markham senior boys' basketball team that has 21 wins in 27 games. The latest: a 72-68 thriller over North Albion at the Blue and Silver Classic senior boys' basketball tournament in Markham. A few days earlier, Bos had 37 points in a 72-64 York Region league win over Thornhill. And his father is the coach.

Jordan Clarke, Holy Trinity.
    Sitting around a bunch of folks at the St. Mike's Classic, people were talking basketball over and over and kept referring to "No. 5". Check him out, the kid can play. So, I watched. Not bad. I was impressed. He scored 17 points in a 65-59 consolation-round win over Vaughan Road. He also put up a game-high 25 points in a 73-56 loss to West Hill. I would debate that he's a huge factor in the Oakville school team having an overall 18-5 record.

Josh Collins, Vaughan.
    Give him a basketball and then stand back and watch. With all the hype focused on players from other teams, Collins just might be one of the most exciting shooting guards in the Greater Toronto Area. He scored 28 points, eight from the three-point line or beyond, in an easy 64-51 senior boys' basketball win over Emery at the St. Mike's Classic.

Kurtis Ethier, Jean Vanier.
    Here's a school that once had a very good senior basketball program. New coach Steven Hnatiuk has to start from scratch, especially with as many as eight players that were expected back instead getting the heave-ho for a variety of reasons. Ethier could be the start of good things to come with an impressive 21 points, including five three-point baskets, in a 74-45 loss to Eastern Commerce at the St. Mike's Classic.

Daniel Mullings, Laurier.
    Not much is known about this guy, unless you have a chat with the senior basketball team at West Hill. Mullings had a game-high 29 points, including one of those crowd-pleasing jams with the game well in control. Yup, Laurier handed West Hill just its third loss of the year - a 64-52 spanking in a Toronto District School Board senior game.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am