HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
sh0owtime
#1Baller
baller12
thomsonplayer
ballerondarealz
yungie
West_End_Baller
coachpf
airCHINA
Peel Fan
youngballa
15 posters

Top ranked senior teams this year

youngballa
    youngballa
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-08-20

Top ranked senior teams this year Empty Top ranked senior teams this year

Post by youngballa Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Which teams do you guys think will be good for this years girl season and why??
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Top ranked senior teams this year Empty Re: Top ranked senior teams this year

Post by Peel Fan Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:59 pm

The Goetz dynasty will end this year in Peel. Not only does d'Youville look like they will be the top team in Peel this year they might be the best girls team in the entire GTA this coming season. They return most players from a team that went to AAAA OFSAA last season and their junior team was a powerhouse; they looked better than many senior teams last season. Expect d'Youville to be one of Peel's two AAAA reps for at leats three more seasons.
    airCHINA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by airCHINA Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 pm

look out for applewood. they are pretty good.
    coachpf
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by coachpf Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

Etobicoke and Richview should dominate the West Region this year. Lots of talent on both teams and excellent coaching.
    West_End_Baller
    West_End_Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by West_End_Baller Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am

Does Silverthorn have a good senior team this year???
    coachpf
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by coachpf Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:12 pm

This should be a rebuilding year for SCI based on who is leaving, staying, and moving up from Junior but they could surprise.
    West_End_Baller
    West_End_Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by West_End_Baller Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm

who's returning???
    youngballa
    youngballa
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-08-20

Post by youngballa Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:52 pm

which teams do you think will be a good game as in a good match up. Because their are not alot of teams listed here and i would really like to know about girls basketball Smile
    yungie
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by yungie Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Notre Dame senior team is taking it..
    ballerondarealz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by ballerondarealz Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:10 pm

dyouville girls hands down
    thomsonplayer
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by thomsonplayer Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm

THOMSON NO DOUBT
    baller12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32

Post by baller12 Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 pm

ETOBICOKE RAMS...DUH
    #1Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by #1Baller Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:59 am

its between D'youville and ascension, with the run that ascension gave them at the sheridan cup, watch out for ascension they have the potential to beat Dy this year
    sh0owtime
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-10-17

Post by sh0owtime Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 am

dy will take it
    yung_protege
    yung_protege
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by yung_protege Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 am

[quote="#1Baller"]its between D'youville and ascension, with the run that ascension gave them at the sheridan cup, watch out for ascension they have the potential to beat Dy this year[/quote]

dont forget about Eastern as well.Those are to me the top 3 teams..with a few times close behind
    baller12
    Freshman

Post by baller12 Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:56 am

[quote="West_End_Baller"]who's returning???[/quote]

To answer an earlier question. The only returning player thats worth mentioning would be Chrissy Fitsimins for the Silverthorn basketball team. Good athlete but a lazy defence player.
    #1Baller
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by #1Baller Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:44 pm

I dont believe that applewood is a threat, after watching them play in the tournament, I don't believe they were worth all the hype. Applewood was not what I was expected, especially with all the talk and hype, very dissapointed.
    youngerballer
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-11-08

Post by youngerballer Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:21 pm

THOMSON WILL TAKE TRIPLE A BUT WILL HAVE A STRUGGLE WITH RICHVIEW IN THE CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS.EASTERN AND D'YOUVILLE ARE WAY UP THERE SO I THINK IT WILL BE BETWEEN 1.E.C 2.D'Y 3.THOMSON
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:11 pm

not gonna lie #1 baller we really stunk it up in the centennial tourney (i think that's the one you are referring to)...i was more disappointed that we had an opportunity to show people what we could do and basically did not show up...we looked really tired and slow and disinterested and i really put that on me for either putting them in too many tourneys (that was our sixth) or simply not having them ready to compete

i am pretty sure we are a threat to advance to OFSAA (we are one win away albeit a tough one vs st marys from hamilton)...and if we get that far, if we play closer to what we are capable of, teams might struggle with our style...
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm

[quote="youngerballer"]THOMSON WILL TAKE TRIPLE A BUT WILL HAVE A STRUGGLE WITH RICHVIEW IN THE CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS.EASTERN AND D'YOUVILLE ARE WAY UP THERE SO I THINK IT WILL BE BETWEEN 1.E.C 2.D'Y 3.THOMSON[/quote]
    Thomson is playing Jarvis in the City Championship. Richview lost to Jarvis today in the semi-final. Also Eastern and D'Youville are AAAA so they will not match up with Thomson
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 pm

[quote="coachblue"]not gonna lie #1 baller we really stunk it up in the centennial tourney (i think that's the one you are referring to)...i was more disappointed that we had an opportunity to show people what we could do and basically did not show up...we looked really tired and slow and disinterested and i really put that on me for either putting them in too many tourneys (that was our sixth) or simply not having them ready to compete

i am pretty sure we are a threat to advance to OFSAA (we are one win away albeit a tough one vs st marys from hamilton)...and if we get that far, if we play closer to what we are capable of, teams might struggle with our style...[/quote]

I respect you coach for putting the onus on yourself. When your girls play well, you never take the credit choosing instead to brag about your players. When you don't play well, you take the blame. I truly respect that.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 pm

i think smart coaches do that!!!! lol

players win games, coaches lose games...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:32 am