HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Humberview

bohne
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Humberview Empty Humberview

Post by bohne Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Why is humberviev not considered in the peel division? especially after beating some of the top teams last year..
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Humberview Empty Re: Humberview

Post by Peel Fan Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

What are you talking about? They are still in Peel. If you were replying to a particular post then you should reply on the same thread and quote the post.
    bohne
    Freshman

Post by bohne Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 pm

My apologies, it must have been the wording. I meant more of a general consideration of the team overall. Why they aren't seen as a top competitor within the Peel division.

They finished in the top three last year but in the Peel posts here, you don't really see those accomplishments acknowledged. Make more sense?
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:43 pm

That makes more sense.

I think many posters, myself included, are taking a "wait and see" approach. The team had a fantastic season last year but, as it was the first year the program made any noise in tier 1 and the junior team wasn't nearly as competitive, there are many who wonder if last season was a flash in the pan. If they are one of the top teams in the north again this season, then you can expect them to be included among the predicted contenders for many seasons to come.
    HH_60go
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by HH_60go Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Humberview will make some noise again in Peel once again!!

They will show that last year, and even the year before was not a fluck. the program has been on the rise for about 3 years now and its getting even stronger. They are well coached and practice hardcore, and their game style is amazing watch for this team once again.

Yes they did lose their entire starting lineup that led them to their success, but last years team was varsity, so their young players got that senior feel for the game speed.
    The scary thing is that they are bigger in the post then recent years and they have a nice shooter and a fast point gaurd

Watch for this team again this year, they should be considered on the top 16 and the years start.
    bohne
    Freshman

Post by bohne Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

The post-play that you're referring to,arethey new additions? I dont recall any post-play on humberview that really stood out. is #24 playing this year didn't see a whole lot of him last year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 am