HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook

Bobbywonkenobe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook Empty FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook

Post by Bobbywonkenobe Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm

As a grandfather very interested in basketball, I have been keeping the Player and Team statistics for the games that my three grandsons play in. Capturing these statistics of actions during a game has helped their coaches to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individual players and the team. This has allowed them to concentrate on improving weaknesses and using the strengths of players and the team when planning team tactics and suitable plays.
    I have used the an Excel Workbook during this season and it can be found along with an information sheet in a folder at

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12864290/e5748e9b/sharing.html (Use Version 2)

Although the Workbook is a freebie, it is simple to use and works out a range of totals , averages and efficiency figures for the players and the team. Give it a go and you will be the coaches friend for life.
    I designed the Workbook so I would like feedback from any users on any difficulties on using it and suggestions for improvements
    Bobbywonkenobe
    Freshman

FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook Empty Re: FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook

Post by Bobbywonkenobe Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Following feedback from Coaches and Stat Recorders over the past year, the Stats Workbook has now been enlarged to hold records for 30 games and now includes 'BLOCKS', ' ASSISTS', 'CHARGES' and 'FOULS'. Although the number of recordable features has been increased, collectors of stats can select only those features that are required by the Team Coach.
    It can be downloaded free from the file sharing site
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/12864290/e5748e9b/sharing.html
    Thanks to all who provided advice and feedback to make the Stats Workbook more usefull and any further feedback regarding additions/improvements would be welcome
    Bobby
    Bobbywonkenobe
    Freshman

FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook Empty Re: FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook

Post by Bobbywonkenobe Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 pm

I have added to this Stats Workbook and it now allows the Coach to give ratings to the players' actions during the game and produces a Value Points rating for each player.
    This system of rating is promoted by Coach Danny Miles in his book, Value Points System, which he claims as being a major tool in his success as a Coach.
    I will e-mail a copy of the workbook to anyone who requests it along with an information sheet on its operation

Last edited by Bobbywonkenobe on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 am

can you emailed it to torontomatrixbasketball@gmail.com please and thank you
    Bobbywonkenobe
    Freshman

FREE Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook Empty Basketball Stats Excel Workbook

Post by Bobbywonkenobe Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 pm

[quote="Toronto Matrix"]can you emailed it to torontomatrixbasketball@gmail.com please and thank you[/quote]

As requested, Stats Workbook with Value Points features and Instruction sheet e-mailed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am