HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

From the ROOTS up; Eastern Commerce's Big 3 Sign L.O.I's

LeeNLeshEC
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

From the ROOTS up; Eastern Commerce's Big 3 Sign L.O.I's Empty From the ROOTS up; Eastern Commerce's Big 3 Sign L.O.I's

Post by LeeNLeshEC Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Three girls from Ro Russells Grassroots organization and the Team United (Buffalo) AAU team coached by Nick O Neil have all signed national letter of intents (L.O.I) to attend schools in the states. The Back the back OFSAA champs, whoa re also known as ‘The Big 3’ have received various offers across the border for 2010. EC’s returning leading scorer Jenea Barrett and Lesha Dunn, transfer from Regina High in Cleveland, Ohio have elected to attend the same junior college in Texas; Trinity Valley Community College . TVCC is a major program and is in arguably the best conference in the NJCAA and have harboured 8 women who went on to play in the WNBA after their collegiate years, the latest being Shannon Bobbit of the Los Angeles Sparks. Lesha and Jenea would be the 2nd and 3rd players to go to TVCC after Father Henry Carr Superstar Alumni Antwi Atuahene attended TVCC and later on went to Arizona State and is now playing in the ABA. Jenea, cousin of Canadian high school legend Denham Brown who attended UCONN has aspirations of keeping the family trend alive to play professionally. Lesha Dunn 6’5 F/C grew up in Toronto, received a scholarship to play in the states and elected to come back for her last year at Eastern Commerce to aid them in their 2nd straight championship.

Lee Anna Osei, captain and backbone of the E.C Lady Saints led the returning squad with the exception of Lesha Dunn and Samantha Hill to the quad A championship putting them in the history books, or in this case- “her-story” books. After having 4 successful years at Eastern Commerce both athletically and academically Lee Anna received several scholarship offers. It eventually came down to St Johns in NY who compete in the Big East Conference and the University of Miami in South Beach Florida who battle in the Atlantic Coast Conference. With the help of her mentor Ro Russell and her AAU coach Nick O Neil, Lee Anna decided to become a Lady Hurricane because she felt it would be a better fit for her, where she could relate to the staff, style of play, and overall program that is still on the rise.

Good luck to all three girls as rumour has it they may all end up at the same school in 2 years. Way to represent for Canada Ladies!!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:24 am