HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

JUNIOR CADOUGAN lost for season!

canadianhoopsfan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-08-22

JUNIOR CADOUGAN lost for season! Empty JUNIOR CADOUGAN lost for season!

Post by canadianhoopsfan Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:44 pm

I felt bad when I read this on FOXSPORTS - Jeff Goodmans Blog. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Marquette has likely lost for Junior Cadougan for the season with a torn Achilles.

Golden Eagles coach Buzz Williams said that Cadougan was on the baseline and ready to push off for a running drill when he just fell to the ground.

''I knew what it was as soon as it happened," said Williams, who has seen a few achilles injuries over the years.

Cadougan was set to start in the backcourt along with fellow newcomers Dwight Buycks and Darius Johnson-Odom. Now it's likely that one of Maurice Acker or David Cubillan - two guys who are role guys at best - could be forced to move into the starting lineup.

Cadougan was a talented player from Toronto who was set to run the team for Williams, who has to replace Dominic James, Jerel McNeal and Wesley Matthews.

Cadougan averaged 22 points, eight assists and five rebounds last season at Christian Life Center Academy in Texas and came in as the most highly touted of Marquette's recruiting class.

''We're disappointed with what happened to Junior, but it's a part of sports," Williams said. ''He was definitely - like our other six new guys - going to come in and make an impact."

''We'll figure out how to survive without him," Williams added.
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

JUNIOR CADOUGAN lost for season! Empty Re: JUNIOR CADOUGAN lost for season!

Post by greenlight Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 pm

daaamn.. i feel terrible for him, as a collegiate athlete myself, to me that is one of my worst fears, then u put in all that work and then all of a sudden u suffer one of these sorts of injuries against which u have no way of training your body..hope he has a speedy recovery
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Hopefully the school will apply for a medical redshirt and the NCAA will approve.
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:05 pm

All the best to Junior and a fast recovery.
    Hes worked really hard to get to this level, hopefully he can make it back to 100%.
    DCASSAULT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-05-29

Post by DCASSAULT Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 pm

This is really unfortunate. I have not had a chance to see this kid play but I have heard a great deal about him and was truly looking forward to seeing him play this year at Marquette. Lets all keep this young man in our prayers and hope he has speedy recovery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:00 pm