HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
yoyoma
bball272
ymcabasketball
Kleen-flo
Coach Clement
Mu2
seeker
wetshooter31
bballer4life
CantStopMe
Mr.#00
UnitedBaller
iLiveForBall
mrknowitall
18 posters

TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL?

mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL? Empty TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL?

Post by mrknowitall Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm

??
    iLiveForBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-12-19

TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL? Empty Re: TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL?

Post by iLiveForBall Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 pm

marcus hanson from gonzaga
    UnitedBaller
    UnitedBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2009-09-15

TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL? Empty Re: TOP PLAYERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN PEEL?

Post by UnitedBaller Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I Heard Of A Guy Named Randy Oriahki From D'Y Underrated Player But He's Quiet Player.
    Mr.#00
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-12-23

Post by Mr.#00 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:14 am

Matthew taylor-Ching
    Karan-Ching
    Terrence-Bramelea
    shaq-Bramelea
    baljyot-Sandlewood
    there's alot more
    CantStopMe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by CantStopMe Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:26 pm

St Joespeh- Trai & Jerome
    Baljyot-Sandlewood
    Marcus-Gonzaga
    Jaylen Roberts-Joan Of Arc
    Rj - Goetz
    Jamil- Philip Pocock
    Brent - Campion
    Joshua Jerimiah- Glen Forest
    Myles- Gonzaga
    Brampton Centinel's Center (Big Man)
    bballer4life
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-12-16

Post by bballer4life Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

jahmar- st martins
    wetshooter31
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by wetshooter31 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 pm

aaron afifi -dy
    seeker
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by seeker Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 am

javier buckley st. marci
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 am

From what I hear, Randy is the best player on d'Y at the moment.... much improved over the over season. Agyeman and Halliburton seem to be dropping off.

Anyone confirm?

Hows are the sandalwood transfers doing at d'y?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:49 am

Randy's play at the MT tournament was outstanding.

I have heard a lot about the other two in the past but they did not stand out in our tournament.
    Kleen-flo
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Post by Kleen-flo Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:09 am

All the posts about who are the best is nothing more than players trying to boost their image in hooptown because the thread said "Top players in Peel" So why is Aaron name there for Dy here it is a player who is pumping himself up. On teams there are players that are great but never talked about for example Randy is good but you have to put Abed along side him because he is also good and did well in MT tournament .

Top player does not mean who can score 25 points in a game .
    How about talking about who have a tight defense,who is a good point guard because someone have to break down the defense and pass the ball inside. if you have a team with a bunch of superstars are you as an individual really that good? There is no "I " in team. Last time I checked basketball was a team sport.
    ymcabasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by ymcabasketball Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:03 am

Well said ^
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm

[quote="Kleen-flo"]All the posts about who are the best is nothing more than players trying to boost their image in hooptown because the thread said "Top players in Peel" So why is Aaron name there for Dy here it is a player who is pumping himself up. On teams there are players that are great but never talked about for example Randy is good but you have to put Abed along side him because he is also good and did well in MT tournament .

Top player does not mean who can score 25 points in a game .
    How about talking about who have a tight defense,who is a good point guard because someone have to break down the defense and pass the ball inside. if you have a team with a bunch of superstars are you as an individual really that good? There is no "I " in team. Last time I checked basketball was a team sport.[/quote]

You are new on the site. I am not a player so please do not make blanket statements like the way you start your comment above.

I do not believe wetshooter is Aaron either because I do not see anything that would create that impression. Wetshooter has been on the site for a while and is not a booster imo.

I agree that Abed played well we picked him as an an all-star but the discussion involved Randy, James and Brandon so I directed my comment on how they performed.

Your comment about recognizing other aspects apart from scoring is hard to understand. I guess what you're saying is that you need more than scorers to have a good team and that we need to recognize the guys who do the unglamorous things like rebounding and defending. Its hard to argue with that but the majority of posters on this site have not share the same enlightened viewpoint!
    Kleen-flo
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Post by Kleen-flo Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Coach Clement wrote:You are new on the site. I am not a player so please do not make blanket statements like the way you start your comment above.

I do not believe wetshooter is Aaron either because I do not see anything that would create that impression. Wetshooter has been on the site for a while and is not a booster imo.

I agree that Abed played well we picked him as an an all-star but the discussion involved Randy, James and Brandon so I directed my comment on how they performed.

Your comment about recognizing other aspects apart from scoring is hard to understand. I guess what you're saying is that you need more than scorers to have a good team and that we need to recognize the guys who do the unglamorous things like rebounding and defending. Its hard to argue with that but the majority of posters on this site have not share the same enlightened viewpoint!

I might be a new poster but I have been reading the threads for quite a long time.

If you re read the first line of my post it states all the post about who is the best.....

It seems you believe I was addressing your comments specifically, but if you read what I posted I was addressing the original subject posted.

I am not concerned who wetshooter is.

But I was under the impression this was a forum for opinions and my post is in fact my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I have been reading this forum and I believe comparing players to each other and who is better than who is a total waste of time.

I do not see why it is hard to understand about recognizing other aspects the point I was making again in my opinion is basketball is a team sport.

I do not care what other people think this is "MY OPINION".
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Kleen-flo: however much you say that you don't care what other people think, im still going to tell you that i completely agree with you. People spend too much time boosting themselves and others based on scoring, and don't spend enough time talking about who's a good team player and things like that.
    yoyoma
    Freshman

Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by yoyoma Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 pm

marcus henson : zaga
    myles : zaga
    jamil : pocock
    chadwick stewart : lewis
    RJ : goetz
    jaylen : joan (peel)
    center on glenforest #35 i think
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Jesse - Goetz
    Jason - Carmel
    Tyrel- Carmel
    Cassidy-Carmel
    Jovan-Marcelinus
    yoyoma
    Freshman

Post by yoyoma Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:18 pm

carmel juniors r garbage
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Why cannot I not name players from Mount Carmel. But you can name a player from Glen Forest, who is equivalent in strength to Mount Carmel?
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="yoyoma"]carmel juniors r garbage[/quote] What does it matter? Because when they get to senior they clean house.
    yoyoma
    Freshman

Post by yoyoma Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

they dont clean house boy. watchyu talkin bout
    mandems in differnent scools run seniors, d'youville will murk carmel dun say stuff bout em runnin ball aha booster
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:40 pm

[quote="yoyoma"]they dont clean house boy. watchyu talkin bout
    mandems in differnent scools run seniors, d'youville will murk carmel dun say stuff bout em runnin ball aha booster[/quote]

English please.
    ymcabasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by ymcabasketball Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

LOL ^
    spider man
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by spider man Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Denzell Taylor-Fletchers meadow
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

[quote="yoyoma"]they dont clean house boy. watchyu talkin bout
    mandems in differnent scools run seniors, d'youville will murk carmel dun say stuff bout em runnin ball aha booster[/quote]

If im a booster, then your a HATER.
    This year D'Y will not come close to murking Carmel. Will Carmel win maybe will DY win maybe. They are evenly matched IMO. What my point is that consistently the Mount Carmel junior team is weak year in and year out, BUT when the same players move up to senior they compete with the top teams. My answer to that is an incapable junior coach and a solid senior coach. Carmel has been a peel semi finalist the last two years losing to the eventual champion both years by single digits. Also in the last 3 years Carmel has lost a total of 3 league games. Mind you they do play in the weekest division but come play off time they do beat teams from the stronger divisions. Im not boosting im stating FACTS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 am