HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
JuniorReed
southballer_15
MackJ
shuttlesworth
cc
geno23
BigRob54
mr_09
vbmac12
dunkthat1
Hooptownman
Ballismyhobby
ReshawnW.5
Lebronking55
18 posters

TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM

Lebronking55
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM Empty TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM

Post by Lebronking55 Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:06 pm

NOT IN ORDER

1.Justin edwards
    2.Leon Alexander
    3.Aaron Redpath
    4.Tyrell Samuels
    5.Asher Tulloch-Lewis
    6.Natiel Mckenzie
    7.Mamadou Mutumbo
    8.Mickyle Macintosh
    9.Isiah Swaby
    10.Dane Williams
    11.Rowan Bennet
    12. Kaza Keane
    13.Shaquille Francis
    14.Nathaniel Gardner
    15.Courtney Dawkins
    16.Brandon Tull
    17.Andrew Aboraa
    18.Haboubacar Mutumbo
    19.Dyshawn Pierre
    20.Adam Plumber
    ReshawnW.5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM Empty Re: TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM

Post by ReshawnW.5 Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Is this senior because there are like 3 grd 10's...
    What about that Shaq Shaw frm dunbarton number 5?
    Ballismyhobby
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-09-23

Post by Ballismyhobby Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:05 pm

yaa shaq is good
    Lebronking55
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by Lebronking55 Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 pm

ReshawnW.5 wrote:Is this senior because there are like 3 grd 10's...
    What about that Shaq Shaw frm dunbarton number 5?

yeah its senior, and yeah hes good.
    you make your top 20 list
    Hooptownman
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-11-27

Post by Hooptownman Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:34 pm

In my opinion, Leke Bankole from Clarington is the most underrated senior player in Durham! Maybe the ONE of the most underrated senior players in GTA ?
    dunkthat1
    dunkthat1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-15

Post by dunkthat1 Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Hooptownman wrote:In my opinion, Leke Bankole from Clarington is the most underrated senior player in Durham! Maybe the ONE of the most underrated senior players in GTA ?

I don't agree....i watched him play before...he only looks good because his team is very weak, he is decent though, but far from a top 20
    vbmac12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2009-10-13

Post by vbmac12 Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:06 am

Nathan Brown- Sinclair
    Nathaniel Virgo- Pine Ridge
    mr_09
    Freshman

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by mr_09 Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:27 am

vbmac12 you took the words right out of my mouth those 2 should definally be on the list and dane williams top ten dont make me laugh
    ReshawnW.5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by ReshawnW.5 Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Lebronking55 It's a good list I was just wondering..
    BigRob54
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-08-17

Post by BigRob54 Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Wes from sinclair and Teq from wilson should be on this list.
    geno23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

Post by geno23 Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:09 pm

BigRob54 wrote:Wes from sinclair and Teq from wilson should be on this list.

Wesley is awful, and Teq is very talented but he's incredibly soft, I'd put him there but barely.. Jay Jay Ireland is certainly there, otherwise the list looks good.

EDIT: How about Agunwa from Doc?
    cc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-01-25

TOP 20 PLAYERS IN DURHAM Empty wat yr?

Post by cc Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 am

what year are these guys in? I heard Justin is reaching back for a 5th year. How many are actually finished after this year (Swaby is one I'm sure)
    shuttlesworth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-12-29

Post by shuttlesworth Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am

how about javier marquez from marys
    MackJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11

Post by MackJ Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:11 pm

how about Shavon Miller from Pine Ridge
    southballer_15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by southballer_15 Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:23 pm

shavon miller is pretty good still but in my oppion is way to inconcestant
    MackJ
    Freshman

Post by MackJ Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:12 pm

True he is descent player I seen him play at the Eastern tourament he put in work on MT and Jarvis. Played bad against Carr though
    Pine ridge gots some good players and I'd say put Shavon on that list
    JuniorReed
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post by JuniorReed Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Just some players that were not on the list that i would like to comment on following my list for top 20 players in durham

JayJay Ireland - A creative scorer , solid passer, fluid jump shot, works hard on both ends

Negative: he tends to drift in games when his team needs him , not being aggressive enough to score when he is the best player on his team

Shavon Miller - A good wing with very good penetration , Volume shooter , Right hand is always getting better

Negative : Tends to go for the highlight play instead of using his fundamentals , Could sometimes take wild shots but he makes a fair share of which you cant complain but tone down his game and he can be dangerous

Leke Bankole - An Electric Scorer , Smooth Jumpshot , Great Ball Handling, Makes his teammates better , Active in Passing Lanes , Great First Step , Crafty Playmaker

Negatives- He tends to settle for jumpshots movement without the ball , finishing with contact ,

Aaron Redpath - Lights Out Shooter , Crafty Scorer , Good Left hand , Very Solid Mechanics On his Jumpshot

Negatives : Could drift in games , When He Starts Missing He Tends To Stop Shooting So he needs to be More Aggressive to score

Teq from wilson - One of the most fundamental big man i have seen at this level banks shots from 10 feet out ,Solid Rebounder ,Great Elevation , Smart Finisher Around the rim ,Does Not Get Into Foul Trouble

Kevin Wilson- Great Fundamental Point Guard Solid Form on his jump shot very good with both left and right hand , controls the pace of the game ,real floor general

Tell me your thoughts i will post my top 20 tonight
    MackJ
    Freshman

Post by MackJ Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

i like your list you have decent player on it how about Shaq from dunbarton hes a good shooter can dribble the ball sometimes get down on his team but i like his game though. I agree on Kevin he was great fundamental , Shavon can be dangerous if he works on it but nice list man.
    JuniorReed
    Freshman

Post by JuniorReed Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Shaq has a very good handle and could be an explosive scorer if he develops a jump shot i think dunbarton is a team on the rise
    axinv
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by axinv Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm

[quote="JuniorReed"]Just some players that were not on the list that i would like to comment on following my list for top 20 players in durham

JayJay Ireland - A creative scorer , solid passer, fluid jump shot, works hard on both ends

Negative: he tends to drift in games when his team needs him , not being aggressive enough to score when he is the best player on his team

Shavon Miller - A good wing with very good penetration , Volume shooter , Right hand is always getting better

Negative : Tends to go for the highlight play instead of using his fundamentals , Could sometimes take wild shots but he makes a fair share of which you cant complain but tone down his game and he can be dangerous

Leke Bankole - An Electric Scorer , Smooth Jumpshot , Great Ball Handling, Makes his teammates better , Active in Passing Lanes , Great First Step , Crafty Playmaker

Negatives- He tends to settle for jumpshots movement without the ball , finishing with contact ,

Aaron Redpath - Lights Out Shooter , Crafty Scorer , Good Left hand , Very Solid Mechanics On his Jumpshot

Negatives : Could drift in games , When He Starts Missing He Tends To Stop Shooting So he needs to be More Aggressive to score

Teq from wilson - One of the most fundamental big man i have seen at this level banks shots from 10 feet out ,Solid Rebounder ,Great Elevation , Smart Finisher Around the rim ,Does Not Get Into Foul Trouble

Kevin Wilson- Great Fundamental Point Guard Solid Form on his jump shot very good with both left and right hand , controls the pace of the game ,real floor general

Tell me your thoughts i will post my top 20 tonight[/quote]

Aaron Redpath is number 3 on the list of top 20 players just incase you didnt notice.
    JuniorReed
    Freshman

Post by JuniorReed Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Oh my bad i didn't see that my fault i hope that doesn't hurt my credibility. My top 10 players are gonna be the ones that are most important to there teams and how they have fared against the top competition

1. Justin Edwards -Consistent Scorer could beat anyone off the dribble very athletic very good with both hands could score on anyone

Negatives - Lazy defender seems just on defense to be looking to leak out for fast break dunks also gambles way too much on defense trying to get a steal to get a highlight dunk seems like he doesn't try at all i am not hating just constructive criticism to an excellent basketball player

2. Aaron Redpath- like i said above a smooth scorer with very good basketball sense

negatives- needs to be more assertive for his team to make a trip to OFSAA

3.Leke Bankole - Could easily be number one this is very controversial pick however i was at the Anderson tournament had 30+ against a very well coached ofsaa capable Father Leo Austin team and single handily brought his team to the win against Nicholson another well coached ofsaa bound basketball team

Negatives- He tends to settle for jumpshots movement without the ball , finishing with contact , over dribbles in his teams offense takes shots from very far but seems to be comfortable taking them however at the next level that will not be acceptable

4. Leon Alexander - Explosive athlete with an improved offense game very good in transition great athlete plays the game at a fast pace

Negatives - Needs to polish his overall offense game sometimes tends to be a bit too wild but a very raw athlete with a bit of polish to his game could be a force

5. Asher Tulloch-Lewis - A very good shooter shots well off the dribble or in any catch and shoot situation best scorer on the pickering team plays alot like Rob G very fast in transition

Negatives - Seems to not try to create offense however this could just be pickering's offensive set moving without the ball however with his already natural scoring instincts he could be a force i only saw one game of him so i could be wrong

6. Mickyle Macintosh- Smart big man with very good post moves also has great hops with a smart sense of how to put the ball in the hoop does not get into foul trouble i only

Negatives - i only saw one game of him so i would have to see other games to be able to comment his game but i do believe he needs to work on rebounding from what i have seen

Tell me what you think i will post the rest tonight
    chosen1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post by chosen1 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Justin Edwards is definitely in the top 2 of that list
    geno23
    Freshman

Post by geno23 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

chosen1 wrote:Justin Edwards is definitely in the top 2 of that list

Justin Edwards is a top 10 player in the GTA..

And I agree with everything mentioned above ^^

Especially the part about Teq from Wilson, when I watched him play, he reminded me very much of a Chris Bosh type player, he is fairly soft but he get's it done.
    basketball234
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post by basketball234 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 pm

I agree with those responses above

Justin Edwards - He does play down to level when he faces whitby schools, and lacks on defense but when he faces good players he does play defense. Definately a top 10 GTA player.

Aaaron Redpath- great shooter, moves without the ball good, isnt afraid to shoot, he does need to be abit more assertive for his team to do well in OFFSA.

Leon Alexander- very atheletic and strong needs to work on his jumper, but very strong and atheletic for his size

Nathan Brown- great athlete, probably one of the best dunkers in durham, does tend to take reckless shots once in awhile, needs to work on ball handling skills but very atheletic, great leaper!

Dyshawn Pierre- great ball handling skills, can finish the ball almost everytime he gets it in the post, very strong right handed, needs to work on midrange, but for his age he may be in the top 10 GTA for grade 11s.
    geno23
    Freshman

Post by geno23 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 pm

basketball234 wrote:I agree with those responses above

Justin Edwards - He does play down to level when he faces whitby schools, and lacks on defense but when he faces good players he does play defense. Definately a top 10 GTA player.

Aaaron Redpath- great shooter, moves without the ball good, isnt afraid to shoot, he does need to be abit more assertive for his team to do well in OFFSA.

Leon Alexander- very atheletic and strong needs to work on his jumper, but very strong and atheletic for his size

Nathan Brown- great athlete, probably one of the best dunkers in durham, does tend to take reckless shots once in awhile, needs to work on ball handling skills but very atheletic, great leaper!

Dyshawn Pierre- great ball handling skills, can finish the ball almost everytime he gets it in the post, very strong right handed, needs to work on midrange, but for his age he may be in the top 10 GTA for grade 11s.

I agree completely, and Dyshawn Pierre is incredible. I first watched him play in the durham region finals when he was in elementary school and boy, was I amazed. He could be a serious prospect for Canada considering his size, and his skills at the age of 16. Especially if he takes a victory lap (which many top players do).

Nathan is a bit reckless as you mentioned, he's a very wishy-washy shooter. I wish he was more consistent.

Leon is a freak! He's such a fantastic player, and compliments that J. Clarke Team very well.

Redpath shoots the lights out, he's absolutely nuts beyond the arc.

Justin Edwards - I already mentioned what I thought of him. Him and Isaiah Swaby are the best players in Durham, and I give the slightest advantage to Justin, despite being a fair bit smaller.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:27 pm