HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

What tournament is this?

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

What tournament is this? Empty What tournament is this?

Post by Peel Fan Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 pm

From an article on The Hoop-La:

One thing is for sure this year in the high school ranks and that's that the OFSAA title is up for grabs with no definitive one team favoured to take it. For my money, I'd have to go with one of the teams that have shown the most consistency this season which is either Father Henry Carr, Loyola, Pickering, JC Richardson or Oakwood. We may get a preview as to who exactly has the edge heading into the playoffs as someone in Toronto is organizing a basketball tourney to fundraise for earthquake-ravaged Haiti. It will take place in a couple of weeks and will bring the best GTA teams together to play it out. Hopefully the organizers give the Oakwood Barons an invite as the one knock on them is that they don't play in enough Toronto-area tournaments and that when they do, they get exposed as they did at the St. Mike's Invitational. I'm not from that school of thought, anyone can have a bad weekend, but I can understand how one could wonder if they were truly a contender when well into the second half of the season, they have yet to go head-to-head against either Father Henry Carr, Pickering, JC Richardson or Loyola.
    realdeal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-04-17

What tournament is this? Empty Re: What tournament is this?

Post by realdeal Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 pm

It's the Hoops for Haiti event being hosted by Pickering- not a tourney but rather a series of games- should be some great matchups especially the Carr/Richardson senior game. There is a sched on another thread. Loyola is at the All-Catholic not sure why Oakwood isn't there- they probably have other commitments too bad
    WH87
    Freshman

Number of posts : 150
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by WH87 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Check out the Hoops for Haiti thread.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 pm

[quote="realdeal"]It's the Hoops for Haiti event being hosted by Pickering- not a tourney but rather a series of games- should be some great matchups especially the Carr/Richardson senior game. There is a sched on another thread. [b]Loyola is at the All-Catholic not sure why Oakwood isn't there- they probably have other commitments too bad[/b][/quote]

lol Oakwood isnt a Catholic school. I dont think they are allowed to participate in the All Catholic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am