HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region

coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region Empty Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region

Post by coachblue Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:24 am

We are starting to recruit U15 (Grade 8 and Grade 9) boys for this year's Midget Development Team. THIS TEAM WILL INCLUDE PLAYERS FROM BRAMPTON, MISSISSAUGA, OAKVILLE, BURLINGTON AND MILTON. This year the team will be attending the Ontario Summer Games in Sudbury August 9-13. We will also be attending a major US Tournament in July--last year we were the Division 2 runner-ups in the USSSA National Tournament in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Former players from this area who have played in the program include: Jahmeel Matthews (St Augustine), Josh Rhodius (Campion), Denzell Taylor (Fletchers Meadow), Terrence Taylor (Bramalea), Cassidy Ryan and Tyrell Rogers (Mount Carmel). Tryouts start in May after OBAs but I would like to hear from coaches and players names I should consider for the team.

Last edited by coachblue on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
    ball0
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2009-12-06

Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region Empty Re: Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region

Post by ball0 Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:48 pm

players living in the city of toronto arent allowed to compete?
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region Empty Re: Best Grade 8 and Grade 9 players for Central West Region

Post by coachblue Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 pm

The region I coach is Central West...there is also a Central East team comprised of Etobicoke, North York, Vaughan, Toronto...
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 pm

The province is divided into 12 regions...
    ball0
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2009-12-06

Post by ball0 Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

oh sorry, you didnt specify... dont all the regions meet up at the summer games? and its a tournament
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm

I have already started identifying players in Grades 8 and 9 in my region...I would really welcome some opinion on who you feel should be in this conversation...I will post a list of what I have heard so far in the near future.
    haltonelite
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2009-11-27

Post by haltonelite Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am

Coach no offense intended at all but your topic title seems to indicate you're only interested in players from Miss/Brampton...but then you mention that your area includes Halton....if I'm not mistaken you had some pretty decent Halton 8s (now Gr 9s) on last summers squad...are you looking to see them return this year also?
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 am

My bad...I did also put the same posting on the Hoopla..but you are right it should all of those regions...I will edit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:03 pm