HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
kj
mrknowitall
6 posters

IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM?

mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM? Empty IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM?

Post by mrknowitall Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Im wondering if it is?
    kj
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-02-18

IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM? Empty not a scam

Post by kj Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:05 am

A Game Hoops is not a scam.
    We are working hard at putting together a unique one of a kind camp in which 8 outstanding CIS coaches will coach a group of the top players in the province in tournament in Waterloo April 9, 10 , 11th 2010.
    Each team will have a practice in the morning with their coach. The coach will implement a system and expectations. The team will then play a game at night.
    We feel this camp will be so beneficial for a number of reasons.

1- The kids will be coached by the best coaches in the country.

2- All coaches and scouts will be able to see exactly how the kids react and perform in a realistic setting as coaches have implemented a system the morning of the games. (Just like a real game day during a college or university season).

3- We feel AAU and even OBA tournaments don’t always allow for a realistic view of players. In those types of tournaments the games are often running time, they are playing 3 and sometimes 4 games a day, some of the coaches are just volunteering, and the kids are unable to truly show themselves.

4- Our camp is modeled after the famous Treviso summer league in Italy in which I participated twice. I loved the camp because you play for pro coaches in a realistic setting. Practice in the morning and a game at night. No other bull going on. Practice and Game!! Scouts and GM's can see exactly how a players responds to their responsibilities in a game day setting.

A Game Hoops is a development system set to take off. We have a tremendous amount passion combined with great contacts in the U.S, Canada and Europe.
    Coach Stu Julius has spent a lifetime building a very strong reputation of basketball knowledge, honesty, hard work and passion in Canada. It is because of his experiences and relationships with coaches around the country we were able to land 8 outstanding CIS coaches set to participate in our A GAME SUMMER LEAGUE.

I understand people thinking are camp is a scam simply because we used facebook to contact most of our invites. However, we are the farthest thing from a scam. We are extremely proud of the concept and the future of development we have created with our men’s team.

Please visit the website for more info. www.agamehoops.com

Also, if you know of players who can play and contribute at the next level who did not get an invite to our camp please send their respective info to agamehoops@gmail.com and we will be happy to do some research and consider other names.
    Thanks
    Kyle Julius
    mr_09
    Freshman

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM? Empty Re: IS A GAME HOOPS A SCAM?

Post by mr_09 Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 am

interesting who is attdening this camp? who was invited?
    Coach Mauro
    Freshman

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-04-28

Post by Coach Mauro Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:52 am

I have spoken with Kyle personally and the camp is legit. Its there first time running it so it may not be "perfect." The concept revolves around the European "camp" model which has been very successful from a developmental and scouting perspective in Europe and especially in Italy.

I think theres no harm in trying something once. From there, you can make your decisions about going back or not.

I know that Stu Julius is a coach with a great background and storied history, so for me, I'd pay $150.00 bucks just to sit and listen to what he has to say.

Great job Kyle. Good luck and I'll see you in April.

Coach Mauro
    St David Basketball
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    minihotsauce
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by minihotsauce Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

do you know any top players that were invited? and how do you get invited, do you guys accept underated players to?
    kj
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-02-18

Post by kj Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:02 am

I want to thank the people who posted above.

When we booked the camp and set the schedule we were well aware of the various tournaments going on that same weekend.

It’s very important that we have the camp this weekend because of our selection course for choosing elite players to join the A GAME FAMILY. The players we choose from our camp will join workouts with the D1 players, CIS and multiple pros we have with training with us this summer.
    Wayne Dawkins stated in the rent Mike McKay blog “its more important to train and workout than it is to play games at this age”. That statement epitomises A Game Hoops. Our young developing players are selected to join our men’s team made up of pros and CIS all Canadians, we practice and train all summer in a very structured elite environment surrounded by significant talent.

This past year Kevin Pangos had the opportunity to play over 10 games vs CIS competition for our men’s team. That was unprecedented fo r a young high school player to play in real CIS games. He started in many of the games. As a result, he was able to push his development prior to the high school season and the US coaches were able to see the true extent of his abilities as he played vs. older university players and accomplished men.

We must have our camp that weekend to organize and prepare our spring and summer for our selected development players.

Based on all our research we did realize that we would lose some significant Toronto talent. We accepted that for a few other important reasons

The Toronto kids in high school this year are very good. However, we have over 40 outstanding high school players from other cities in Ontario who are very capable of playing at the next level next year and in the future. We know that these kids are not conflicted that particular weekend.

We hope that some of that talent that does have a conflict can see that our camp is a great opportunity that will only come once this off-season. There will be so many AAU and OBA tournaments this spring and summer. The talented CIS coaches we have setup will truly provide unique experiences for the kids. Our camp is so different from the structure of a tournament at the hoop dome with 4 games going on at once. We think it’s a better opportunity to showcase ability.

So many of the coaches we have spoken to from Canada and the U.S are aware of the other games occurring in the GTA and will prob have the opportunity to attend both ours and the OBA tournaments that weekend. The American and CIS coaches we have spoken to are looking forward to seeing the kids play 40min games for CIS coaches in our system in Kitchener. We have over 15 CIS schools attending at the moment and we know they are looking forward to staying in KW.

We did choose this weekend knowing that this would occur and some kids will have conflicts. We spoke for a long time about how Basketball is all about being in the right place at the right time.

These talents kids are always going to have to make tough decisions. This is only the beginning

Which camp do I attend?
    Provincial team or AAU circuit?
    What school? Who do I trust?
    What agent do I trust?
    What free agent camp do I attend?
    Do I base my contracts on money or opportunity?
    etc etc etc.

These tough decisions are all part of being an elite basketball player. We hope that with the support of parents and coaches the kids come to A Game Hoops for a weekend and return to the OBA and AAU circuit for the rest of the summer.

Thanks so much for the honesty in the above posts!!

We are releasing the invited list and commitments on March 3rd 2010.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 am