HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals

coachalkins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals Empty York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals

Post by coachalkins Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Vaughan 87 Newmarket 42
    basketball IQ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-07-11

York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals Empty Re: York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals

Post by basketball IQ Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Vaughan is on a Mission

Coach Alkins, wow - good luck this year...I dont really see much ahead for york region but GTA is the next best thing!

Good Luck
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals Empty Re: York Region Jr. Tier 1 - Quarter Finals

Post by zonekiller Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 am

its 2 bad VSS cant win blowouts wit class!! its not the playaz ; im talkin the coaches! no class
    coachalkins
    Freshman

Post by coachalkins Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

Wow Mr. zonekiller, these are some of the many many comments you have made in the past. I always try to seek out why someone would hate, but the comments I found made it obvious.....see below.
    At least I know you are not just targeting Vaughan. You seem to hate a lot of people, at least your consistent. Freedom of Expression is a gift. Good luck and enjoy the game.

The below are some commnets by zonekiller:

as long as coach paul keeps his mouth shut and keeps his opinions to himself, Nik may have a chance!!! Sorry coach p, I had to say it

Coach Paul;
    You are so disillusioned!!!! You are an arm chair coach; period who has no insight or knowledge of the game and the culture of the game. Your son is a good player who happens to be at a prep school. He will get good looks. However, most players that had gotten on the radar from the AAU circuit would have acheived the same amount of looks and offers.................Anyway, I can go on and on on this s**t. You have a son thats playing south;

FHC is a beast

know paul weeks was banned from the oba is he banned from coaching highschool ball as well?by zonekiller

OMG Kassius sucks to the max!!!!!!

tevin is soooooooooooooooooooooo overrated.
    he hops like a frickin bobblehead!!!!
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 am

sorry coach alkins but in the rumour mill around the gta is that vaughan juniors press through the whole game no matter what the score is, and you do nothing to try to prevent a blowout. those are the rumours.

i personally have not seen the vaughan juniors play so i understand that these are just rumours. i have heard these rumours from numerous sources, adults and students.

that's why perhaps people are quick to attack you.
    coachalkins
    Freshman

Post by coachalkins Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 am

No problem tart11. Thank you for your honest unbiased comments.
    We have showcased at the Vaughan Classic, Henry Carr Tournament, MT Tournament, Hoop It Up, Rimrocker, and the SBA-Hoopdome. So there should be enough exposure for people to ask around. I will tell you when it comes to Home games, we take these games very seriously. It has been a Vaughan tradition for decades. We never pressed in the 4th quarter this season unless we had to. For example the semi-final game vs Downsview at the Rimrocker. If the team we are playing is not competitive the bench plays. But, I will never tell my bench players not to score. It would be unfair to them.
    If that is the opinion out there that we are trying to embarass teams it is never my intention to do so. I had one coach tell me this season before a game, "my guys need to know how to lose, don't let up". This is my 17th year teaching and coaching, the coaching staff at Vaughan know what they are doing. We are always on the same page at the Jr. and Sr. levels. We promote a seamless transition from Jr. to Sr. and beyond high school. We are always trying to improve, so I thank you for your comments/concerns. In trying to build a clean program there will be many challenges and opinions along the way. I guess you have to realize when you are trying to build a program, people will talk about you, whether it is good or bad....hey at least they are talking. We will try our best to listen and learn from each victory and loss as we support our student-athletes at Vaughan, in the classroom and on the courts and more importantly in life.
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am

ive seen them play. the team is good no doubt. BUT there is no need to have any starters on in the 4th when ur up by 30-40. if you really wanna develop your program then let the bench play as well. whats the diff if you win by 15 or 35??? do u really think the bench feels good??? IMO only.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:18 am