HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+10
Mr Bean
stevelogan92
setshot
Toronto Matrix
rerun
jt
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
tb11
Coach Clement
knowthegame
14 posters

ESPN RISE National Prep Championship.

jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

ESPN RISE National Prep Championship. - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN RISE National Prep Championship.

Post by jt Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Well we talking about basketball right now, not academics. If you going to compare which schools have smarter students, sure let's look at who goes to UFT. But if we comparing which is better ball player, we have to look at NCAA D1 schools. You got to be kidding me if you think these kids worrying about academics, they all "think" they will become professional players so way to do that is by NCAA D1 school.
    jt
    Sophomore

ESPN RISE National Prep Championship. - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN RISE National Prep Championship.

Post by jt Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Watch Im going to end the discussion right now and prove once and for all who is the best region in GTA. Im going to make it elementary for you all that don't understand. Let's break it down, watch what Im show you.

According to the latest update (March 15, 2010), there are 99 Canadian players playing Prep Ball in States.
    Here is the link: http://www.hoopstarscanada.com/news.pl?nid=50

From that list 21 players are from Brampton, 8 are from Mississauga. So that gives a total of 29 from PEEL. The entire city of Toronto has 27 players, and they have more than double the popluation than Peel. Let's not even talk about Durham, they only have 6 players total playing prep ball in states. So watch that over 30% of Prep Players come from Peel.

Now watch this, Im going to break it down even further to prove my point. Let's compare everyones so called favourite team in GTA Pickering with Dyouville. Let's see each teams prep players that would have been at school this year:

Dyouville Prep Players in States
    1) Rainier Croft (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Christian Faith Center (Creedmoor, NC)
    2) Kiefer Douse (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Christian Life Center (Humble, TX)
    3) Tristan Thompson (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Findlay (Henderson, NV)
    4) Faith Joseph (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Lake Forest (Lake Forest, IL)
    5) Jabs Newby (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Mountain State (Beckley, WV)
    6) Jamal Newman (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Mountain State (Beckley, WV)
    7) Kofi Ankoma-Mensa (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Mountain State (Beckley, WV)
    8 RJ Stephens (Brampton, ON/St. Marguerite d'Youville) - Proctor (Andover, NH)
    9) Gursimren Bhullar (Toronto, ON/Father Henry Carr) - Kiski (Saltsburg, PA)
    -played at DY before leaving to FHC and then Prep

Pickering Prep Players in States
    1) Kevin Thomas (Ajax, ON/Pickering) - Christian Faith Center (Creedmoor, NC)
    2) Troy Joseph (Ajax, ON/Pickering) - REDA (Hamilton, Ontario)
    3) Jermaine Myers (Ajax, ON/Pickering) - Culver (Culver, IN)
    4) Cory Joseph (Ajax, ON/Pickering) - Findlay (Henderson, NV)
    5) Liban Hassan (Ajax, ON/Pickering) - New Creations (Richmond, IN)

So check that DY lost 9 playes to Prep Ball for this year's team. So for all you teams that beat DY this year, give yourselves a big pat on the back, you beat the 2nd string players from DY. DY basically lost their ENTIRE team to States.

Anyone still care to argue with me that they could have beaten this powerhouse DY team this year in OFSAA. No point replying unless you got cold hard facts. Not no opinion bs, I gave STATISTICS, and we all know numbers don't lie, so now talk about hating on Peel. You guys just wait and see in next couple of years how Peel basketbll blows up. It might not be here in GTA, but it will definitely be in states, because we don't care about no OFSAA we rather improve game in states against top players.

Last edited by jt on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 am

Who cares JT?
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:53 am

Mans are getting bright trying to tell me Durham and Pickering could have beaten DY this year, so I brought in hard facts. Sure Cory Joseph is number one SG in Canada, but DY would have had number one PG Jabs Newby and number one PF Tristan Thompson and all those other mans listed above.

Take it in, Pickering only lost 5 players to prep, but DY lost a whole friggin team, 9 players is a squad. How you going to tell me you would take Pickering over DY, come on now man. I bet not one player from Pickering's current seniors (at school right now) going to get a D1 scholy this year.
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 am

Firstly, jt... I don't think any one is disputing the fact that Brampton has a lot of talent at the high school level, your list speaks for itself. If all of these players actually lived in that area of Brampton for their whole lives then that would be even more remarkable, my guess is that their families have moved there at some point from Toronto or somewhere else.

You are probably right about Pickerings current senior not having a guy getting a D1 scholarship this year, as most of them were in grades 10 and 11... so they don't really get them offered at that age.

The other thing you need to remember, is even if DY did have all of that talent, how many of those guys would be on the floor together at the same time ... I think there are a few who play the same position... and how many of them would have stayed or transfered out for a better opportunity at another Brampton or Ontario high school. Obviously Sim thought it was better for him to be at FHC than DY which is why he left... how many other guys would leave. Or how many other guys would have left so they could "be the man" at another school... you also must remember, that all of these young men have egos... and blending them is hard for any coach.

Instead of arguing about who would win or who would be the best, we should be celebrating the fact that the GTA is producing some serious talent, regardless of where they reside or where they would have gone to school. The fact that we are arguing about which region is better does nothing to improve the basketball foundation we are trying to build in Canada. Hopefully this group of young men who have travelled down to the states to play can begin to open the eyes of college and university coaches in the US, as well as our own government and private organizations, and get some funding to our programs and colleges and universities so OUR talent can stay home and play here and still have the same opportunities as they would have had they gone to the states. It works for hockey players.... lets try to make it work for basketball players too.
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by tb11 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 am

This guy is a complete joke. I never seen such a die hard fan of region. JUST LET IT GO! They are moving on and its clear that you can't do the same.

How are you going to say "we don't care about no OFSAA" when they obviously do? And oh ya, Cory Joseph is a PG not a SG.
    Please jt, I understand where you're coming from but drop this bs about Peel losing everybody and "what if" because I am tired of hearing you complain over and over. Peel has lots of talent and we know that, but face it, people have to move on in life to strive for the best. They are gone and doing better things!
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 am

I'm done with the hypothetical argument of D'youville and Pickering. Yes, as some people pointed out....this is not real talk and the discussion was not meant to be taken rather seriously. JT loves his Brampton boyz and your point is taken. Peel has a tremendous amount of talent in basketball, soccer, football and track & field..you name it. If everyone stayed back, D'youville would have a great team but Pickering would also.

Back to the initial discussion! Corey and Tristan played great on Saturday and the future of Canadian basketball looks bright. We have a lot of players that are performing at a high level and hopefully they can take Canadian basketball to a whole new level......winning a medal at the Summer Olympics....winning a world/FIBA championship and more Canadian skilled players in the NBA.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:34 am

Yeah of course I want all of GTA to do good as a whole and even Canada win some international medal. Only reason I post all this stuff about Peel is because I feel we never get enough credit, everyone always talking about Toronto, Scarborough, Pickering, how Peel can never win anything at ofsaa. So yea obviously Peel mans going to get fed up and start posting back.

Dont get it twisted just because I rep my region, it doesnt mean I dont got love for the ENTIRE GTA, but everyone is always going to rep their own hood to fullest still.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:33 am