HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day)

rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day) Empty All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day)

Post by rerun Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:25 am

All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day)

1.) Devoe Joseph...Junior National Team Member, Toronto Allstar, Univ. of Minnesota
    2.) Corey Joseph...Junior National Team Member, 2X Ofsaa Champ, Findlay Prep
    3.) David Ferdinand (St. Marys) very underrated player..Loyallist College
    4.) Steven Lopez (Pickering) Toronto Allstar, OFSAA Bronze, Boosier Parrish C.C.
    5.) Jason Jordan (Pickering) Led Team to Elite 8, Acadia University in Nova Scotia
    6.) Matt Parfitt (Sinclair) Intelligent, fundamentally sound, York University
    7.) Tom Budai (Eastdale) Durham Allstar Game MVP, Memorial Univ. in New Foundland
    8.) Marcus Wong (Pickering) OFSAA bronze medallist, Palm Beach Community College
    9.) Justin Wiltshire (Pickering) Two time OFSAA Champ, Lincoln College in Illinois
    10) Kurt Alexander (Pine Ridge) Selected to 2008 All Canada Game, Iowa Central C.C.
    11.) Jovain Wilson (Dunbarton) Prolific scorer, Sir Sanford Fleming College
    12.) Jerome Forde (Pickering) Led team to OFSAA Elite 8, St. Clair Community College
    13.) Eric Glavic (St. Mary's) Best player in Durham during time, St Marys University
    14.) Tyler Pelley (J Clarke) Very underrated player, Durham Allstar, St. Clair C.C.
    15.) Kumar Munroe (Dunbarton) big strong, athletic small forward, good scorer
    16.) Omar Greene (Pickering) great defender and point guard, OFSAA Elite 8
    17.) John Lafountaine(Austin) Good shooter, Tough, fundamentally sound,York Univ.
    18.) Kimon George (Austin) Athletic, good scorer,
    19.) Duane Howard (St. Mary's) Lightening quick point guard, St. Lawrence C.C.
    20.) Sydney Bookal (St. Mary's) Solid point guard, great leadership, Georgian College
    21.) Mike Brown (Pickering) Good Shooter and Defender, OFSAA Elite 8, St. Clair C.C.
    22.) Rohan Burrell (Pine Ridge) Prolific scorer, St. Clair Community College
    23.) Rolando Francis (All Saints) Quick, Athletic, good ball handler
    24.) Damion Davis (Pickering) Athletic, good defender, OFSAA Bronze medal
    25.) Shane Tingling (Dunbarton) Good point guard, Conestoga College in Kitchener

Honourable Mention: David Reed (G.L. Roberts), Kevin Dennison (Eastdale), Mike St. Rose (Ajax), Mike Filinski (Dunbarton), Sean Maingot (St.Mary's), Livingston Cunningham (Pine Ridge), Mike Guaninio (Ajax)..no particular order

My criteria for chosing these guys is that you have played in Durham for more than one year or one season. So I didn't include guys like Heruna Mutombo, Jeveol Myles etc because they guys did the body of their work outside the Durham Region and then came to Pickering for a season. I tried to measure the skill and contribution of non Pickering players against PHS. Example...some of the other guys would not get the credit they deserve because they played at schools with weaker basketball programs. Ex. In My opinion David Ferdinand (Skeletor) doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's at St. Marys instead of Pickering. Most people would not put him at Number #3 ahead of LOpez or Jason Jordan, but, some others may agree with me. It is a little bias!!! It could have easily been All PHS List, but, I tried to come up with some less recognized players from other schools.

P.S. I did not put Jonathan Tull because he is going to judged by what he does this year on his own without Corey, Devoe, Heruna, Jeveol and company.
    6th man
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-08-20

All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day) Empty Re: All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day)

Post by 6th man Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 pm

I have a few other names that might be able to be added to the list:

Anthony Bishop- All Saints
    Akeem Foster- Notre Dame
    Tristan Isaac Phillps- All Saints
    Jon Bak (overshadowed by Lafontaine but still a great player)- Austin
    rerun
    Senior

All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day) Empty Re: All Time Durham Team (2000-Present Day)

Post by rerun Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 am

That's true! I totally forgot about those guys...I'm not sure where they would go on the list....those guys are definitely some of my honourable mention selections.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 pm

I forgot a few more names:
    Chris Parfitt (Sinclair), Nathan Graham (Dunbarton) and of course Jonathan Tull (Pickering)
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 pm

They should have one of these lists for each league.
    Great List !
    Dunbarton
    Dunbarton
    Freshman

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by Dunbarton Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Really interesting list. It's interesting just how hard Durham has to work for respectability...other than Pickering of course. What ab. Cam Nekkers (1992 OFSSA champ, Coppin St.)?

Having coached and taught Jon Tull, Brandon Thomas-James and Sephton Spence (both OFSSA champs and both played for Lethbridge) in elementary school I would vouch for them not only as decent players (JT one of the best defensive players I have seen) but really nice boys...and now men.

Just an update on DHS players:

Jovain is one of those who's over looked in terms of overall contribution to Durham bball bec. of playing on relatively weak teams for most of his career. Here are his current stats:

averaging 21 pts 8 rebs and 6 ast, 6th in the league in scoring , 2nd in steals, 2nd in rebounding, 1st in assists, 1st in freethrows made/attempts.

It's also interesting the gene pool we're drawing from: I had Tingling's younger bro on my Jr. squad this yr. as well as Kumar's younger bro (who's now at MT).

Then there are the imports: Kendal Hosten (via Weston now at Christian Life) and Khem Birch (perhaps our most talented "sort of" alum, now back home in Mtl).

I am dead set against kids playing away from their "home" school (witness the Juevol/ Dwayne controversy) but having said that, it's really hard to deal with the conflicting emotions when one Sept. morning you look down the hall and have a 649 moment when you see a 6'8 15 yr. old phenom like Khem.

The point being Durham stars can be very transient; very much mobile across the Scarborough/ Durham border--across the Dunbarton/ St. Mary's/ Pickering/ Notre Dame boundries. So what makes a pretty good bball player a good Durham bball player?

Perhaps the more important question is what are they doing now??
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 pm

This is all time list from the year 2000-to present day 2008. About two years ago someone did an all time list for Durham that Cam Nekkers, Kirk Salesman and others were on. That All time list would exclude just about everyone on this list except probably Devoe and Corey Joseph.
    Dunbarton
    Dunbarton
    Freshman

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by Dunbarton Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks rerun...I didn't realized the constraints evn tho they were obvious.
    Mint
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Mint Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:09 pm

The first 4 is fine but the rest is terrible
    why would u put Eric Glavic over Sean Maingot, Duane howard and Omar greene nd why isn't sean even on the list
    nathon thomas should be up dere
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Well then why don't you make your alterations and show me how you see it. You sound like a St. Mary's guy, however, I'll give you some credit because I totally forgot about Nathan Thomas. He was really a good player and extremely underated like David Ferdinand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 pm