HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+12
keepingitreal
Ronson
JackieMoon33
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
acie earl 55
Coach Clement
jt
zonekiller
slamdunk
elevator
setshot
knowthegame
16 posters

Pitt Jam Fest Results???

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Pitt Jam Fest Results??? Empty Pitt Jam Fest Results???

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:46 pm

I know that a few teams went down to Pittsburg, Pa this weekend to participate in the Pitt Jam Fest AAU Tournament. It showcased ages U13 to U17 age groups. I know that teams such as Grassroots, CIA-Bounce(Team Takeover Canada), UPlay, Ottawa Guardsmen, YAAACE, BJCC and others are down there competiting at different age and competitive levels. Any results regarding our Canadian teams and how they have faired this weekend???
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Pitt Jam Fest Results??? Empty Re: Pitt Jam Fest Results???

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:30 pm

So far I have heard postive feedback from players such as Negus Webster-Chan and Miqueel Martin. The Bhullar brothers were an attraction as always with their size. Other than that, I haven't heard much on how teams or players are doing.
    setshot
    Junior

Number of posts : 854
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by setshot Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:36 pm

From "Flagrantfouls.com", Day One:
    Sim Bhullar, Team Takeover Canada (7-4, 300)
    Sim was sensational today and showed major improvements in every facet of the game. He got up and down the floor much quicker than he's shown in the past and looks to be making tremendous strides with his speed, agility, and body. He also attacked the defensive glass, turned with his head up, and started the outlet. He established deep possession on more than one occasion, which when your 7-4 means an easy deuce. He still needs to develop a mean streak, and when he does……sky's the limit.
    Negus Webster-Chan
    Negus continuously shows us his great potential as a lead guard. While he hasn't had as much opportunity to run the offense as he'd like, he certaibly showed flashes of being capable today. Negus has great vision and is able to see over the defense with his height and length. He displayed his passing abilities in transition, showing the ability to look off his defender and make the right pass which led to a deuce. Think of a pogo-stick with Webster-Chan in mind, as he is a very quick leaper. Three times I can remember him working the offensive glass with three and four attempts, before finally cashing in. He was the most versatile player we saw in day 1.
    setshot
    Junior

Number of posts : 854
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by setshot Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Day Two:
    Sim Bhullar, Team Takeover Canada
    Wow. What a start to a basketball game. Sim went on a 9-0 run to start today's game. He dunked twice, made a jumper from the free throw line, than brought the crowd to it's feet as the 7-4 big man buried a three. Team Takeover did a nice job working the high-low and Sim made them pay time and time again. The gym was buzzing, information was being gathered, and it's safe to say the Canadian big man is officially on everyone's radar.
    Stefan Nastic, Etobiko 381
    Speaking of Canadian big men, Stefan Nastic was also lighting up Pitt Jam Fest on Saturday. He has made tremendous strides in the last year. He displayed nice footwork, excellent hands, and the desire to dunk on people in traffic. At 6-11, the Canadian Center from Thornhill, Ont. also did a nice job defending the post and protecting the rim.
    Richard Peters
    Richard's showed some post moves and footwork that blew me away. He worked out of the high post and did damage on a night where the rest of his team mailed it in early. Richard played hard nosed defense and displayed an extremely high motor. His motor has been one of the knocks against him, but he's lost 25 pounds and played extremely hard all weekend. His footwork was elite, and his hands were tremendous.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks Setshot. Looks like the bigs were impressive. I read something about Jabs Newby on day 1 looking impressive as well.
    elevator
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-12-01

Post by elevator Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 am

Does anyone ahve results on how teams acutally did. YAACE lost in the 17u in the quarter finals tothe tourny and countries #2 ranked team.

Burlington panthers played in the open division and beat IMG in quarters . not sure how they did in semis ?

Ottawa guardsman lost in the open division in the quarters.

Any other results?
    slamdunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by slamdunk Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 am

results http://www.hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/hg_te_pittjam.php
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 am

i checked ot the results and i dunno....................... nik stauskus U15? mykile U15; theon reefer U16; bjcc U16??? bounce/teamtakeover/cia (whatever the hell there called) u16?

idont get it. why bother going when theres no colleges it looks like everyones "bending the rule" i know everyone will give there reasoning especially coachpaul (explain nik as U15)

save your gas money and stay home!!!
    slamdunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by slamdunk Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm

there were scouts there
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:23 pm

See I told yall Bhullar brothers are getting good. There is no way that you can't be at least somewhat good and a presence on the court when you are 7 foot plus. That goes to show you guys who were saying they wouldnt have helped DY even if they were still playing in Brampton. No other GTA team has two monster players like this (both are 250 pounds plus in addition to being 7 feet) that could have matched up with these guys. Plus Tanveer only in grade 9 so dont watch nothng, but man has lots of time to improve still.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

But weren't both either playing at Carr or looking at Carr (in Tanveer's case)!

Why do you keep up with this DY thing even when players do not seem interested in playing there?

They have lots of great players as is! No need to manufacture guys who do not seem to want to be a part of the program.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Coach Clement, I heard you''re heading to DY too! Word on the street is you dialed 905 instead of 416 accidentally, and that makes you a Bramptonian according to Mayor JT.

Andrew Wiggins is there too . . . and the scarecrow . . . and the tinman . . .
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 pm

There was also a big showcase in Arkansas, The Real Deal in the Rock. This was probably the premier AAU Tournament going on this week. Check the link. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5114037
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Acie Earl I believe you forgot about big foot, the abominable snowman, the yetti, and the lochness monster who are all transferring into DY next year. Should be a solid group right JT?
    JackieMoon33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2010-04-16

Post by JackieMoon33 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 pm

I also herad that the Way-Outs are headed to DY next year. Those boys got some major hops!
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Thats my point exactly Carr loves to steal players living in Brampton.
    JackieMoon33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2010-04-16

Post by JackieMoon33 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 pm

You're off base jt. Carr loves to steal players from every where, not just Brampton.
    Ronson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by Ronson Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Check out the Canadian talent that was at the Pitt Jam fest...

A scouting report on Canadian standouts

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/04/canucks-on-the-aau-circuit-pitt-jam-fest/
    keepingitreal
    keepingitreal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by keepingitreal Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:58 pm

[quote="zonekiller"]i checked ot the results and i dunno....................... nik stauskus U15? mykile U15; theon reefer U16; bjcc U16??? bounce/teamtakeover/cia (whatever the hell there called) u16?

idont get it. why bother going when theres no colleges it looks like everyones "bending the rule" i know everyone will give there reasoning especially coachpaul (explain nik as U15)

save your gas money and stay home!!![/quote]

Nik Stauskas was in Arkansas with Grassroots U17 team who placed in the top 6 out of 96 teams. He did very well in all games. Mykyle Mcintosh is 15yrs old so I can't understand why your getting all rattled over that. Theon Reefer played U17 with YAACE in the tournament. You should try to be a little more through with your research before coming into a public forum trying to belittle kids and organizations. Ultimately you have only ridiculed yourself and completely lost any credibility you may have had amongst your comrades.

Thx in Advance for your future diligence!!
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by CoachPaul Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 pm

[quote="zonekiller"]i checked ot the results and i dunno....................... nik stauskus U15? mykile U15; theon reefer U16; bjcc U16??? bounce/teamtakeover/cia (whatever the hell there called) u16?

save your gas money and stay home!!![/quote]

Were you looking at some tournament from last year? As Keepingitreal pointed out, Nik (as a 16 yr old) was playing U17 in "The real deal in the rock" that weekend. Where would you get Nik playing U15? I'm curious where you got your data from.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

if mykyle mcintosh is 15 then why would he be playing under 15? shouldnt he be in U16???
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Post by CoachPaul Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 pm

[quote="i love ball"]if mykyle mcintosh is 15 then why would he be playing under 15? shouldnt he be in U16???[/quote]

Here's the quote from the AAU age calculator:

"September 1, 2010 shall be the determining date for the age of the competitor and shall hold true for Super Regional, District and National Championships.

For example, an athlete born, September 15, 1993, would be age eligible to play in the 16U/10th Grade Division in 2010. If the same athlete is a 9th Grade student as of March 1, 2010, he would be eligible to play 15U/9th Grade as a Grade Exception. "

If you want to try it out, here's the link: http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/RulesInfo/AgeCalculator.aspx

Don't shoot the messenger. They are the AAU rules, not mine. Everybody follows the same rules. Some guys might get into a lower age group by a day or two. But, rules are rules. None of the guys you've mentioned are in violation.
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:12 pm

[quote="CoachPaul"][quote="i love ball"]if mykyle mcintosh is 15 then why would he be playing under 15? shouldnt he be in U16???[/quote]

Here's the quote from the AAU age calculator:

"September 1, 2010 shall be the determining date for the age of the competitor and shall hold true for Super Regional, District and National Championships.

For example, an athlete born, September 15, 1993, would be age eligible to play in the 16U/10th Grade Division in 2010. If the same athlete is a 9th Grade student as of March 1, 2010, he would be eligible to play 15U/9th Grade as a Grade Exception. "

If you want to try it out, here's the link: http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/RulesInfo/AgeCalculator.aspx

Don't shoot the messenger. They are the AAU rules, not mine. Everybody follows the same rules. Some guys might get into a lower age group by a day or two. But, rules are rules. None of the guys you've mentioned are in violation.[/quote]

CP;

On the PITT JAM FESTall-stars section (or sumthing like that) they got Nik at U15.
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Post by CoachPaul Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Look carefully - that's the 2009 results, not 2010.
    Father Time
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post by Father Time Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 am

Windsor Team?

What was the team from Windsor called,I was in Pittsburgh and saw them play parts of 2 games,they beat a very good Pittsburgh all star team and a Philly all star team that was very fast and athletic.

Someone said they were called Forster? but another site said they were Riverside an Oba team? they can really shoot the ball and have a big kid in the middle,does anyone know anything about them?

Has a gta team played them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:21 pm