HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
TrueTalkz50
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
i love ball
Mr Bean
CentreCourt
jt
stangscoach
Nolan
12 posters

Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights

Nolan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights Empty Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights

Post by Nolan Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 am

From King James Shooting Stars Classic

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/04/video-tyler-ennis-and-tevin-findlay/
    stangscoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-12-22

Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights Empty Re: Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights

Post by stangscoach Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Just one question, why does Tyler say he is from Brampton if he plays for Carr?
    Was that a slip of the tongue or can Brampton kids play at Carr?
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights Empty Re: Tyler Ennis and Tevin Findlay Highlights

Post by jt Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

"Just one question, why does Tyler say he is from Brampton if he plays for Carr?
    Was that a slip of the tongue or can Brampton kids play at Carr?"

HAHAHA good to see people finally picking up on this. See I am not only one who posting this. Everyone knows Tyler is from Brampton. His older brothers played at Campion and thats the part of Brampton they live in. I am also pretty sure Tevin Findlay the ohter guy in video is from Brampton. Its not anything new that Carr has taken in past and currently takes B Town manz.

The answer is NO Peel DSB kids can't play for TDSB, unless they are lying about living address. But we all know how heavily BOUNCE is involved with Carr so it isnt easy to get a Peel player enrolled in Carr. I wonder where Josh Bell lives, last I heard he was in Sauga and certainly not Toronto.
    CentreCourt
    Freshman

Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2009-08-25

Post by CentreCourt Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:45 pm

That's why Carr has created their "PREP" team. They want a way to get around Ontario's transfer rules to allow new recruits to play ball without having to sit out the penalty year. I bet bad Karma will still keep them from winning at Ofsaa.
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 am

Before I hit the gym in the morning, I check out the latest news on Hooptown. And although some of the info is positive and enlightening, moretimes it is criticial. I think it is time that someone else spoke up.

Besides nitpicking on Carr and Coach Melnik, if jt isn't crying about Brampton and CentreCourt isn't driving the YAAACE bandwagon, then what would you people be saying?

I did a little research that didn't take very long. Here is what I know. The TCDSB accepts students from out of district. In fact, there is a complete admissions process that includes your address, that you have to provide legal documentation to prove. The TCDSB and the TDSB do not care what Peel's policy is. In actual fact, it is in Peel where the students need to lie to get into a particular school.

And, as for getting around Ontario's transfer rule, the TDSB allows ineligible players to play in the league and non-OFSAA events. But I am sure that is okay with you isn't it CentreCourt. We all know where the YAAACE players end up don't we?

jt you might want to look at your Peel schools and teams to find out why nobody wants to go there, and stop laying blame. Better yet, why don't you personally ask Tyler Ennis, Tevin Findlay and Josh Bell. While you are at it, ask them what high schools actually recruited them.

CentreCourt you might want to "chill" with the YAAACE boosting. Government funded groups need to be careful about who they divert the funds to.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:54 pm

dono why you would choose carr over a handful of better basketball programs / better schools, but they have the ability to go to any toronto schools, mr bean makes a great point, if there were programs in peel that were attractive to grade 8's - grade 12's than those players would stay, why do you think nobody stays at d'youville jt ??
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Post by Mr Bean Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:21 pm

I am not letting this go. I am sick and tired of reading cowardly criticism of hard working teachers, teacher-coaches and community coaches. In my opinion, Carr has one of the best programs around. Who are the handful of better basketball programs/better schools? Do your research. Carr has had many players move on to college and university in many sports including hockey, soccer, football, and basketball.

I am going to be blunt and I want to be clear that I have nothing against anyone, but there is rampant recruiting by Eastern Commerce, Pickering, Mother Teresa, St Michaels, D'Youville, Downsview and Carr etc. You may not want to admit or believe it, but it is a reality. And yet Carr seems to be only your target.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree with Mr Bean you keep trying to target Carr. What is your beef with them other then them 'stealing' your players? I played in the TDCAA against both Carr and MT and you know what, I LOVED those games because I knew that I had to bring my A game. I never won any of the games I played against either team, a couple of times it was close other times it was 15+. I cherish those games, like I said I loved the competition. And do you know why they are allowed to 'recruit' some of these players, its because if you look at their numbers both Carr, Eastern Commerce, and possibly MT could be AA schools since there numbers are so low. They are allowed to take in anybody from anywhere, so if someone applies to there school they have no legitimate reason to turn them down.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 am

how do u like this for cowardly criticism, i think melnik is a tool........thats not cowardly at all, the majority of the guys who get signed from carr woulda been signed anyways
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I agree with mr bean and i love ball on this one because carr has a better baketball program and carr is the only school being targeted for stealing brampton players ,its the same in other toronto schools such as eastern ,mt,pope john paul,those schools have good basketball programs that would attract players from all over toronto but I also have to agree with jt becuase there are nuff brampton mans on cia bounce and cia bounce is heavily involve with carr's basketball program so its easier for players on bounce to get enrolled at father henry carr and also coming out of brampton its harder to transfere to another school wich is not in the boundary you reside in ,and that could be factor on why brampton mans leave brampton to go to toronto schools ,particularily carr since its closer to brampton .That's why toronto have schools that are power houses and its because they have better transfere rules than peel .If peel particularily brampton actually had allowewd players to transfere to any school they want (d'youvile ,campion ,acsension,bcs)peel would make it far in ofssa.
    crushdreams101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

Post by crushdreams101 Sat May 01, 2010 11:56 pm

these guys are getting boosted, theyre alright, nothing special, theres kids i know that are better that get no exposure
    touchedouche
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by touchedouche Sun May 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Like who Crushdreams?
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm

tevin findlay looks like hes pretty special to me.......ennis looks like a great baller but not quite the athleticism JUST IMO, no need to b!tch about that and boost ennis
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Post by Mr Bean Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 pm

That is about as cowardly as it gets. i love ball wouldn't call his own shadow a tool. Not to his face anyway maybe on Hooptown.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 pm

how is it cowardly? you are criticizing me and i dont know who you are either? hypocrite.....i dont think in any way that i am the only person who is not a melnik fan, in fact i know i am not the only one. your a tool too mr bean
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Post by Mr Bean Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm

How am I a hypocrite? I did not call you any names did I? I am criticizing you for obvious reasons! You come on here and call someone a "tool"? Hiding behind a name and calling someone names? Come on get real. You want to dislike someone that is your prerogative. You want to criticize go right ahead. Knock yourself out. But, give valid reasons and be a man about it and be transparent. Give your name! Or are you afraid that people will be shocked that YOU are behaving in this manner? I will go one further, call Melnik a tool to his face not here.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 pm

so instead of just calling him a tool u would like me to explain to EVERYONE why he is a tool, that would seem to be a worse thing for me to do, ill keep my reasoning for dislike to myself thanks, and as if im going to tell you who i am......u really are a tool.

finally am i supposed to be afraid of melnik after calling him a tool to his face? cuz i most certainly would not be......if u would like to know why i think melnik is a tool feel free to personally message me at

URatool@hotmail.com
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Post by Mr Bean Tue May 04, 2010 10:59 pm

You obviously have no class nor common sense. I sincerely hope you are not any type of educator or coach at any level, although we both know you probably are.

Of course you are not afraid to call him a tool to his face. That's why you did it here using the name i love ball.

I think it's time this website alters the way it allows people to post.
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Wed May 05, 2010 3:13 am

Back to the matter at hand. Having coached against both of these players at the high school and oba level, I can tell you they are both special players. Between the 2 of them they out-scored my entire high school team (Tyler and Tevin 68 vs Us 44). And its not they just take the first available shot to them, they score in the flow of the offense or off their defense. At the rep level they both play a different role. Tevin is an unbelievable defender and locked down our main scorer that game and Tyler ran the team and distributed the ball quite well, he was a true leader on the floor.

Regardless of what anyone may think about their coach, the school they attend or whatever, the fact remains is that they are talented basketball players, who work extremely hard to improve and succeed. I don't think the highlite tape does justice to how good these two youngsters are.
    technical.foul
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-12-23

Post by technical.foul Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I agree with Coach Mike. I am a OBA coach and a refferee. I have had the pleasure of watching both Tevin and Tyler play as a ref and not so much of a pleasure as a coach LOL. The video does nothing to show just how good they really are. I did a game recently were Tyler had 43 points and Tevin 28 thats 71 points between them. Both are major impact players. They are NOT overated, in fact they need to be promoted more. Its classless to take away from this thread, grown men are fighting their battles on a thread that colleges may be looking at for recruiting Tyler and Tevin.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm

i am not a grown man, i dont use caps in my typing that shoulda been an indicator for u geniuses........both are great players no doubting that
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Post by Mr Bean Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Ah, now you are not a grown man? Just stop while you think you are ahead. Like they said, stick to the topic at hand and leave the childish name-calling to your personal life.

Ennis and Findlay are great players with big time potential.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:54 am