HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+3
CoachJP
Coach Mike
crushdreams101
7 posters

FATHER JOHN REDMOND

crushdreams101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

FATHER JOHN REDMOND Empty FATHER JOHN REDMOND

Post by crushdreams101 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:57 pm

They are winning the west?
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

FATHER JOHN REDMOND Empty Re: FATHER JOHN REDMOND

Post by Coach Mike Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 pm

They will be good again this year, but it will be tough for them in the west. They lost their two leaders this past year in Raphie Tekie and Myers (I think Raphie was their leading scorer also).

As always, Toronto Catholic in the west goes thru Carr, despite the rumours that they have lost a bunch of players, they will still be quite strong. Again I think Power, Redmond, Johnson, Romero, St Marys, McGuigan and Bosco to all contend also. I think Catholic West might be one of the most interesting leagues to watch this season.

All this being said, if the proposed changes go through, things may be very different.

Last edited by Coach Mike on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    CoachJP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 186
    Registration date : 2010-05-05

Post by CoachJP Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:06 am

Don't rule out Bishop Allen also...although in previous years they were hampered by difficulties finding a coach and problems with personnel, this season promises to reunite several high-level highschool and rep players who were on Junior/ Senior last year. Although they are not nearly as strong as Carr, they may have a good chance to run with Redmond (they beat them last year), Johnson, St. Marys, and Bosco. Don't be surprised if they finish in the top half, and moreso, closer to the middle-top of the "A" pool (if proposed changes don't go through).

Also, Power will be there, but not nearly as strong as last year's near-OFSAA worthy squad that did upset Carr in their game. They have lost a number of key players.
    crushdreams101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

Post by crushdreams101 Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Redmond has the asain guard moving up from junior and also the bigman Nerqaye
    They have the white guy coming back for a 5th year yarko
    PKballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-01-19

Post by PKballer Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 am

Someone told me myers is coming back
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 am

If Myers is back, he is a difference maker. He is a great defender and distributor of the ball. I still think losing Raphie to graduation is a HUGE loss for them. He is a great shooter and defender.

Regardless of the talk, the games are won on the court and in practice. As I have said before, I think Toronto Catholic west will be a very interesting league this season.

More will be known once teams start working in the next few weeks.
    TDCAAWEST
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-12-27

Post by TDCAAWEST Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Isn't Redmond in the TDCAA-Wide League? I think Romero should be ontop in the TDCAA west although they lost to Murroco, they were missing 2 starters and 1 of them was a key scorer, and their coach went to his 3rd stringers for a whole half. Only Key matchups in Tdcaa west is Romero and Power.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 am

Yes, Father Redmond is in the City-Wide Division of the TDCAA. They are a decent team led by Narquaye Netty and I was especially impressed by Yarko Prots who is a savvy player. He can get to the rim and is a good finisher.

They are playing a tough schedule but appear capable of winning some games. Still when you play such a tough schedule, wins are not easy to come by.

They sit at 0-3 in the league but they played close against Fr. Henry Carr losing 61-53 at home.

Naturally their league record is not a reflection on the ability this group possesses!

Respect for choosing to play in a very tough group of teams, hopefully it pays off come playoff time. City-Wide teams will get preferrential seeding!
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 pm

isnt romero a suspension school or something like that??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am