HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+3
Coach Clement
Mu2
yoyoma
7 posters

Overated and Underrated players !

yoyoma
    Freshman

Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Overated and Underrated players ! Empty Overated and Underrated players !

Post by yoyoma Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 am

Overrated:
    Andrew wiggins : amazing player but way over estimated
    tanveer bhullar : he only has height so far and still supposedly hes the future of Canada :S
    tyler ennis : a good player but overated as well
    tevin findlay (sorta) : really good player but overated but not as much as tanveer and tyler

Under rated:
    Tyrell green : Up and coming star for ontario,
    Cassidy ryan: really good player but his ego is threw the roof, still he has potential
    Shandon M: up an coming but his height is his disadvantage
    Troy reid knight: really good player with potential but he needs more exposure
    Myles charvis: really quick player but his height is a disadvantage

ANY MORE?

Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Overated and Underrated players ! Empty Re: Overated and Underrated players !

Post by Mu2 Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:49 pm

You seem to be a year behind inyour posts

Tyler, Tevin Shandon, Troy and Myles are all grade 11's Ibelieve
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Mu2 wrote:You seem to be a year behind inyour posts

Tyler, Tevin Shandon, Troy and Myles are all grade 11's Ibelieve

Shandon is a Gr. 10 but the others are Gr. 11's.
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="yoyoma"]Overrated:
    tanveer bhullar : he only has height so far and still supposedly hes the future of Canada :S
    tevin findlay (sorta) : really good player but overated but not as much as tanveer and tyler

Under rated:
    Tyrell green : Up and coming star for ontario,
    Cassidy ryan: really good player but his ego is threw the roof, still he has potential
    Shandon M: up an coming but his height is his disadvantage
    Troy reid knight: really good player with potential but he needs more exposure
    Myles charvis: really quick player but his height is a disadvantage

Have you seen any of these guys actually play in person? I just watched Vaughan hammer Eastern last week (seniors, not juniors) and Andrew was the most dominate player on the court, playing against kids literally 3 and 4 years older than him..

ANY MORE?

[/quote]
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Absolutely true!

He's being touted south of the border as possibly the best player for his age not in the GTA, not in the Province, not in Canada, not in North America but in the world!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Meet-the-best-13-year-old-basketball-player-you-?urn=ncaab-196850

High praise indeed!

yoyoma you don't just throw things out like calling this kind of talent overrated! He is very special!

What qualifies you to make such a judgment? Question
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry to jump all over yoyoma like that but these kind of posts are annoying.

Another thing that irks me is when people on the elementary or club boards call some 8 yr.- old a "great" player. I do not think 8 yr-olds are great they are talented, good for their age or more likely learning to play they are not great imo.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by knowthegame Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Wiggin's is know where near overrated. We all know this by now. The other player's continue to improve and prove themselves as future stars and are all part of the growing progression of young basketball players coming out of this country. Of course there are many players that get overlooked but, if they continue to produce and progress with their game, their talent will eventually come to light. I will add that I'm extremely impressed with the play of Henry Tan and Troy Knight. Those two are really reaping the benefits of constant daily hours of hard work and continuously competing against older, stronger and more seasoned players. The addition of a phenom like Andrew at Vaughan will make all three players games even more rounded as the season continues. I am also impressed by another trio at Oakwood Collegiate. Led by guard Kevin Blake, he will have two players that are young and have a lot of potential in Isaiah Watkins and Tyrell Green. Another duo out east I feel will also bring some noise from Whitby Anderson CVI. Justin Edwards and Dyshawn Pierre will be a solid force in the GTA. Players such as 6'8 Nick Madray out of Stephen Lewis in Peel, and 6'7 Bakrim Gill out of Assumption will be players that should turn heads in the Peel region. I can go on, and on, but youthful talent is what is the stronghold of high school hoops in the GTA right now...and we have it!
    yoyoma
    Freshman

Post by yoyoma Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 am

i never said Andrew had no talent, hes probably the best player in the world hands down for his age group. All i said was that theirs other players who are really underrated and some overrated. I know what your talking about coach C, but if your really think about it, people like tyrell, cassidy, aaron ariri, troy R and connor, all have that potential to get to andrews level or even better but there just not well exposed. Andrew deserves the attention but at the same time i think others need the attention too. I personally think that aaron can become the next tristan thompson out of highschool, and tyrell green to be matched to nick madray judging by there height. But people like Tanveer are way to over rated, they only get to prep schools with there height and i think thats not fair to people like alotta other players who work harder.
    coachphillips
    Freshman

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

Post by coachphillips Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

My grandmother always said where there's smoke there's a fire. Potential without hard work equals nothing and everyone knows Andrew is one of the hardest workers in basketball today. Everyone who has seen this kid touch a basketball has been amazed. The reality is simple; a player of Andrew's potential comes around once every 10-15 years. With that being said here are a few names to think about Cory, Tristan and Myck. All 3 names mention in the ended where ahead of there Canadian classmates. Back to Andrew remember the smoke that Andrew, in the old days we just listen to our elders and absorb their wisdom. History always repeats itself and I think we can say with Andrew's work ethic and the right individuals guiding him, he's history in the making. I say this only because he's a humble individual that lets his games do the talking. Coaches will all tell you both the 2013 and 2014 classes are full of talented players and might end up respectively the best Canada have seen collectively and that says a lot. No need for overrated/underrated leave that to the pro scouts, nonetheless it's your opinion which you're entitle to
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:34 pm

yoyoma wrote:Overrated:

To summarize: Three of them are overrated because they are overrated or "over estimated".

What fantastic reasoning. Rolling Eyes
    yoyoma
    Freshman

Post by yoyoma Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 am

okok you got me still, but i still stick to the fact that people like tanveer and stefan j boost to much about themselves, aka cockyness. If i was starting a team i would pick andrew over tanveer and stefan... by the way is andrew born in 1995? and hes in the class of 2013 right?
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I believe Andrew is a member of the class of 2014..I am unsure of his age though.. I think he's 15, turning 16 in 2011, not positive though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am