HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+12
Avengers_5
steve.nash1
outside_stinga
baller5476
Laurier Basketball
Youngblood
rerun
ballhard41
Ballknowledge
kobee24
ESPN8
sirslick
16 posters

Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario?

sirslick
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-09-18

Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario? Empty Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario?

Post by sirslick Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Happy New Year!

I'm organizing a celebrity basketball tournament for March in Toronto - in conjuction with the Juno Awards - and would like to feature a halftime high school boys slam dunk competition.

Similar to the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest, this event would feature 4 or 5 local players competing for a trophy and first place prize. Media will be invited to the event.

OK my question is this? Who are the top 5 high school dunkers and what school do they attend?

Thanks in advance...
    ESPN8
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario? Empty Re: Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario?

Post by ESPN8 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Rohan Boney Loyola
    Leon Alexander JClarke
    Andrew Wiggins Vaughan
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario? Empty Re: Who are the top 5 high school dunkers in Ontario?

Post by kobee24 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

shaq keith fletchers meadow
    Ballknowledge
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2009-12-18

Post by Ballknowledge Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 pm

darlinton westhumber
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by ballhard41 Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 pm

yeah Darlington West humber
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Some of those players from Laurier are high flyers as well. I don't know names but they should be included.
    Youngblood
    Freshman

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post by Youngblood Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Kevin Blake from Oakwood is easily one of the highest flyers in the GTA.
    Laurier Basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2010-12-07

Post by Laurier Basketball Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 pm

rerun wrote:Some of those players from Laurier are high flyers as well. I don't know names but they should be included.

Desmond Lawrence, Caleef Lyte and Cameron Mars - Laurier

Last edited by Laurier Basketball on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 pm

justin edwards anderson
    baller5476
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2011-01-24

Post by baller5476 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm

justin jarvis easily said
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by outside_stinga Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 am

Sirslick,
    If you're serious. You may want to ask for emails from coaches only. Cause these threads will be littered by players boosting their own teams and themselves.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 am

This sounds like nonsense to me.
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks all.

Agreed. I hope some of the coaches will respond to this query too.

I also plan to put an invitation on Facebook, inviting people to submit videos of their fav. slam dunks and I will choose some of those people to compete in the event too...
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

In my opinion, all the names mentioned are actually legit. The real question is whether these guys are only game dunkers or do they have the showmanship to represent themselves well in a dunkoff. Some guys dunk well in game situations, but, don't do so well in a controlled, pressured filled environment such as a competitive dunk off. It's definitely different stealing ball and dunking it.....or receiving an outlet pass and dunking the ball in comparison to having your name called and having a crowd expecting you to do something nice.
    Avengers_5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

Post by Avengers_5 Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

I think the guys that could give you the best showing would be Aaron Best I've seen this guy put down some crazy things for a milk video, Kevin Blake, Darlingion from West Humber, Leon from J.C Richardson and Andrew Wiggans. I also think having Andrew there being the big name he is can get you a lot more publicity just a thought
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks, Avengers_5!

I like your suggestions very much and will check out the Milk video too.

I've played ball with Andrew's dad, Mitch, too...
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

If the dunk competition is in march in might also be worthwhile seeing which players from prep will be back on the seen. I know Martin Dixon-Green, Jonathon Alexander, Negus Webster-Chan and others are good dunkers. If you go Negus and Wiggins like Avengers said it would be good for publicity, two team Canada guys. Another thing would be when you say local does age matter? Because if not the BEST dunker from the area would be Justin Darlington. Right now he is travelling with Team Flight Brothers so it might be hard to get in to contact with him, but if you did trust me it would be worthwhile I will leave some clips at the end of my post. Also, Daniel Mullings who just graduated last year was another amazing dunker but once again it is in march with is ncaa time so i dont know about that. Here are the Justin Darlington clips I promised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1PL428cXk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfDZkDUGucA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT6ty7mxMi8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50XS3VWjsA
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 pm

very impressive
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Wow! I'll reach out to Justin and see if he's available. Thanks again for the post and info...
    Tyrell Senior
    Freshman

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2010-02-07

Post by Tyrell Senior Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:22 pm

what high school did he go to? was it pickering?
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Justin Darlington is an awesome highlight dunker! He's genuinely a good person as well. He went to J Clarke Richardson about 4 years ago.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Troy Grant and Brandon Sackey from sandalwood heights sackey is one of the nastiest dunkers out there check them out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 am