HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola

DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola Empty CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola

Post by DrewEbanks Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

St. Ignatius Of Loyola point guard Mike Lafricain is having an excellent senior year, his team has 38-6 winning record and are a strong contender for this years’ 4A OFSSA championships. The 6 foot undecided lead guard is talented, confident in big game situations and is the type of guy you want controlling your offense. His list of schools include Ottawa U, Laurentian , Bishop, McGill, Carleton, Western and has been in contact with a few NCAA Division 1 schools. There’s no time table on his school decision but whoever lands Lafricain will definitely have something to be excited about.

Check it out as CROWN founder Gilbert Muako's piece is live at www.crownmagonline.com

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola Empty Re: CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola

Post by kobee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

mr drew ebanks i have a question... since high school ball is coming to an end.. will you be doing articles and videos on the upcoming rep season??

or is flagrant fouls and crown mag just high school basketball orientated sights?? i know they feature a bit of aau but is their any OBA involved??
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola Empty Re: CROWN: VIDEO Undecided solid PG Mike L'Africain of Loyola

Post by DrewEbanks Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 pm

kobee24 wrote:mr drew ebanks i have a question... since high school ball is coming to an end.. will you be doing articles and videos on the upcoming rep season??

or is flagrant fouls and crown mag just high school basketball orientated sights?? i know they feature a bit of aau but is their any OBA involved??

Hey Kobee24...Great question! Well...we cover the high school age players throughout the year. So when the high school season is over...we will be covering all the All-Star games we can such as the McDonald's and Jordan Brand Classic...All-Canada Classic of course.

Plus we cover the OBA and Rep games that take place over the summer. We were there last summer at HoopDome for CIA Bounce's B-Game camp. I'm gonna be scouting the basketball scene here in Canada looking for the next pool of talented player(s) that we can highlight and give some shine to!

In addition to my Crown duties...I also cover Canada Basketball youth/cadet team tryouts/practices/workouts as well as the Jr. National Men's team and Sr. Canadian Men's team.
    My blog is www.dunkuverymuch.blogspot.com.
    So we've got most bases covered. If you know of an event feel free to let us know and we'll try our best to get out to it!
    Hopefully we can make it to the States more this year to cover all the summer AAU action as well!

As you know basketball is a 24/7 365 day sport...it never stops and the games keep on going so we will have the latest and best stories and highlights for you guys. Look for more player features and other interesting hoops information in 2011!

Hope that answers some of your questions.
    Have a good one

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks for the info given above , I really appreciate it and your work as well.. to be honest I think that their should be more people like you out there because it;s elders like you that really help get the canadian names out there

and a suggestion that I might add would be to attend this year's 2011 Ontario Cup Division 1 boys basketball tournament for the U19 Juniors .. their will be lots of talent their not too menton names that I'm sure are very familiar to you... heyy maybe even some surprise players you've never seen or heard of before Razz
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm

It takes place in towards the end of May
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:50 am

kobee24 wrote:Thanks for the info given above , I really appreciate it and your work as well.. to be honest I think that their should be more people like you out there because it;s elders like you that really help get the canadian names out there

and a suggestion that I might add would be to attend this year's 2011 Ontario Cup Division 1 boys basketball tournament for the U19 Juniors .. their will be lots of talent their not too menton names that I'm sure are very familiar to you... heyy maybe even some surprise players you've never seen or heard of before Razz

Kobee24...I appreciate that you appreciate the work we do. It's for the students/athletes and fans bro! I've been in the game for a while and have strived to see basketball/hoops get the respect it deserves...IT'S COMING...the dawn of a Golden era of hoops from Canada!
    I'll be highlighting and profililing a lot of the basketball pioneers/players/builders as well so that we can all know the history of hoops in this city/province/country!

You can't go forward until you know where you came from.

Attending the 2011 U19 Ontario Cup Division 1 sounds great! I'll be there! Thanks for the heads up and like I said...if you know sweet ballers on the come up...or great basketball stories feel free to hit me up!
    My email is drew.ebanks@yahoo.com.

P.S. Did you get a chance to check out the Texas/Texas A & M game last night? Wow. Tristan and Cory...two exceptional players out of Toronto doing big things for Canadian basketball down in Austin Texas. In fact if you go to my youtube page...search "dunkuverymuch4life" you'll see an interview I did with Cory from the Ontario Cup event!

Makes me feel really proud to be Canadian!

Peace out

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Thanks A lot sir... I don't mean to jock but it's people like you that I greatly appreciate and respect... and I hope to see you there this May at the D1 U19 Ontario Cup... Thank you very much and as a matter of fact I do know some Talent that is yet to buzzed about but I'm a strong believer in the famous quotation " Talk is Cheap" so we'll see what happens here on out Smile and no i didnt get a chance to watch the game last night..

It's amazing though ... it seems like just yesterday triston thompson was here in Brampton playing on the same rep/aau squad as my older brother and now their are NBA talks around his name. Very Happy

I'll definately check out that interview you did with Cory, And once again thank you very much for the contact information and for willingly wanting to show up to this years Ontario Junior cup and believe me you wont be dissapointed some very familiar names like Dyshawn Pierre, Kevin Blake, Duane Notice, Rich audu, justin edwards , scott morrison will all be there and more. Very Happy
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Mr. DrewEbanks,

I certainly hope you will be covering the Hoops4Heart event at Pickering High School this Saturday. Regardless, you guys are doing a great job recognizing and celebrating high school basketball in Canada.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 pm

rerun wrote:Mr. DrewEbanks,

I certainly hope you will be covering the Hoops4Heart event at Pickering High School this Saturday. Regardless, you guys are doing a great job recognizing and celebrating high school basketball in Canada.

Hey rerun...I really wanted to be there for the Hoops4Heart event on Saturday(a great cause) but unfortunately I have a wedding of a close friend to attend that day. I may have to break out and check out some of the early action. As for the 6pm and 8pm games...I probably won't see them!
    There is also the huge SBA tournament at Hoopdome going on this weekend as well. It's gonna be tight. Lots of teams...Jrs and Srs.
    But don't worry Crown will have a team attending both events so you'll get good coverage nonetheless!
    Thanks for respecting and liking what we do. There are so bigger and better things on tap soon from myself and CROWN as well...stay tuned and on the site! Plus we hope to be involved with Hooptown even more in the future!
    Again, thanks for the support!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Stellar 2011 Oakville Loyola PG Mike L'Africain getting serious interest from some schools out West in the CIS including UBC Thunderbirds and the Manitoba Bisons as well as OUA looks from The Guelph Gryphons and the Laurentian Vees, both traditional basketball powers.
    Mike is a solid PG who is a pass-first playmaker but can be depended on to
    score when his team needs it!
    Good luck to Mike and I'll keep you posted!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:04 am