HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
DrewEbanks
Coach Clement
6 posters

Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout Empty Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout

Post by Coach Clement Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Mother Teresa defeated Father Henry Carr 65-60 to capture the championship at the Forest City Shootout on the weekend.

Gr. 11 DeShaun Williams of the Titans who has been having a great season was selected Tournament MVP.

This young man has really turned things around this season. He is a special talent!
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout Empty Re: Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 am

Congratulations to the Titans for their tournament victory!
    I would agree with you coach...DeShaun Williams has impressed me all season long! He really had a great St. Mike's Invitational Tourney
    weekend as well. He's tough to guard and gets in the paint with ease and is a flat out scorer!
    I look forward to his game improving even more over the summer and by next season he should be
    on of the studs in GTA area basketball!
    I wish DeShaun and the Mother Theresa Titans all the best in the Catholic schools playoffs!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295

Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout Empty Re: Mother Teresa wins Forest City Shootout

Post by Coach Clement Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks Drew.

There are some great battles ahead for the lone AAAA bid at OFSSA. Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul and Henry Carr are all strong contenders.

Only one to qualify!
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 am

Congrats.. to MT for another strong showing at a tournament. Good luck in the playoffs.

How come Carr dominates at junior...BUT NOT SENIOR?
    Tyrell Senior
    Freshman

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2010-02-07

Post by Tyrell Senior Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Prime Time wrote: How come Carr dominates at junior...BUT NOT SENIOR?
    thats a good question...
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Huge congratulations to Mother Teresa for winning the tournament in London. MT (especially Deshaun, Richie, Adika and Samy) played extremely well all tournament.

No mention on this site, but also congratulations to Henry Carr for taking first place in the first ever TDCAA City Wide league with a 9-1 record. This is a significant accomplishment in my opinion. After losing our first league game at Pope John Paul II on a 3 pointer at the buzzer, the Crusaders reeled off 9 consecutive wins, including two wins over Mother Teresa (67-64 in overtime at MT, and 72-69 at FHC) and a 28 pt win over Pope in the rematch at FHC.

As usual, Henry Carr gets press when they lose but rarely when we do something positive.

Best of luck to all teams in the playoffs...I don't think there is a favourite, but it certainaly will be a dogfight.

Coach Melnik
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Congrats on winning Coach Melnik! As a former TDCAA student I have much respect for the program at Carr. I'm a little bit disappointed there was no City Wide League because I would have liked to play Carr more, though we did usually meet in the playoffs. Good job on finally getting this "super league" going. Is there going to be a playoffs with these teams now or does Carr automatically go to OFSAA now?
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 am

Coach Melnik wrote:Huge congratulations to Mother Teresa for winning the tournament in London. MT (especially Deshaun, Richie, Adika and Samy) played extremely well all tournament.

No mention on this site, but also congratulations to Henry Carr for taking first place in the first ever TDCAA City Wide league with a 9-1 record. This is a significant accomplishment in my opinion. After losing our first league game at Pope John Paul II on a 3 pointer at the buzzer, the Crusaders reeled off 9 consecutive wins, including two wins over Mother Teresa (67-64 in overtime at MT, and 72-69 at FHC) and a 28 pt win over Pope in the rematch at FHC.

As usual, Henry Carr gets press when they lose but rarely when we do something positive.

Best of luck to all teams in the playoffs...I don't think there is a favourite, but it certainaly will be a dogfight.

Coach Melnik

Hey coach...I wanted to congratulate you on a great season so far and your 9-1 record!
    I don't like to think that people are happy when Carr loses. Maybe because you've been so successful over the years...people root against you...but it could also be that people may be jealous of Carr's
    success and the great number of your players that have had success after high school. I'm sure you use that to your advantage with your squad!
    Good luck in the playoffs and yes with only 1 birth for all those good teams it will be like winning OFSAA just to get out of the league for sure!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm