HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+13
rvd1018
dak1
Peel Fan
basketballbuzz.ca
SN121
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
basketball_atr
kobee24
gunta
tart11
stevelogan92
lovethegame
thewayIseeit
17 posters

AAAA OFSAA

thewayIseeit
    Freshman

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2011-03-02

AAAA OFSAA  Empty AAAA OFSAA

Post by thewayIseeit Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:00 am

Good luck to all teams involved

Last edited by thewayIseeit on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

AAAA OFSAA  Empty Re: AAAA OFSAA

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 am

A few things:

1. You do realize that no matter whether a team moves left or right, so long as they keep winning, they end up in the finals, right? So your point 1. is null and void.

2. I tend to agree that the ice eat sleep window for J Clarke isn't the greatest. But theres alot of ifs along the way so kindof hard to predict that.

3. I see no real point in your point 3, frankly.

4. I'd tend to agree somewhat. But in the end whether they are ranked 6th or 11th isn't going to matter much unless they can win.

Someone's always going to be disappointed. I think it's a bit sketch beyond #6...but the proof will be in the pudding as they say..

Last edited by lovethegame on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    thewayIseeit
    Freshman

Post by thewayIseeit Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:21 am

Good Luck

Last edited by thewayIseeit on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 am

But you're kindof contradicting yourself...if Beal isn't as good as 6th and any team from 7-11 can hand them their ass on a platter, then who's to say that they're even going to win on the left side anyways? If it plays out the way you project, they'll be playing teams that they are only marginally better than, if at all!

And besides all the GTA teams are not going right, winners go left also. If they're truly as bad as you say, they won't be making it past any of the 3-6 GTA teams who will go LEFT if they win OR lose.
    thewayIseeit
    Freshman

Post by thewayIseeit Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 am

http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysaaaabasketball/index.cfm?DSP=Chapter&ID=5712

Last edited by thewayIseeit on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 am

I'm perfectly awake so keep that bs to yourself.

Loyola wins? Goes left
    Sacred Heart wins? Goes left
    Holy Trinity wins? Goes left
    JC Richardson wins? Goes left
    D'Youville loses? Goes left

All of those are either GTA teams or teams who have proven decent adversaries to the top GTA teams. It might surprise you to learn that Loyola and Holy Trinity are geographically closer to the top GTA teams than JC is.

Now from your list: St Mike's?? St Mike's has to get out of the first round. Past that, you've got 4 "top GTA" teams going right and none of them save Vaughan have run over any of the teams you predict are going "left".

Last edited by lovethegame on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    thewayIseeit
    Freshman

Post by thewayIseeit Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 am

nice

lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:59 am

You still don't get it.

The GTA by definition on this board at least includes 3-4 of the teams that you predict are "going left". Period.

Besides, Vaughan is in any way more of a GTA team than Loyola? No. Neither is D'Youville.

thewayIseeit
    Freshman

Post by thewayIseeit Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 am

good luck

stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

Ummm isnt the bracket set up so the top 8 seeds meet in the quarters? lol.
    and the top 4 seeds int he semis? Assuming no upset?

So who cares about who goes left and who goes right. If theres a problem its in the ranking. The ranking isnt ALL that bad either. Sure Beal is seeded high. But at the end of the day no one is that far off from where they should be with these new rankings. You got the beat the best to be the best. Plain and Simple.
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 am

thewayIseeit wrote:I am not sure of the exact locations of all the schools except for the Durham ones, however I am going by the traditional schools who play in all the top GTA tournaments.

In other words, your argument holds no water. Not only do you not even know where the top schools that you predict will go left and right even come from, but it seems that you are also painfully unaware that there are at least 2-3 "top tournaments" outside the GTA that attract as competitive a field than do any of the ones you might be aware of within the GTA. That's why the top GTA teams travel to them Wink

You had somewhat of a point with how Beal's games are set up. However at most, they might get an extra game out of it. Now take a look at Vaughan's first two games and tell me that's not even more of a gift than Beal gave itself. Laughing

tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:30 am

Even if Beal makes it to the quarters they don't even play at their school.

Why is Henry Carr #5? and Sacred #7?
    Sacred Heart (Ottawa) 53 (Sean Stoqua 25) - Henry Carr 39 (Kenrick Lewis 13)

If every one keeps on winning then the quarters look like this:
    1 Vaughan vs 8 Eastern
    2 Clarke vs 7 Sacred Heart
    3 Loyola vs 6 Beal
    4 Oakwood vs 5 Henry Carr

This is all that matters
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 am

To me JC should not be rank #2 due to losing in their playoff and coming in on a error .If you get in on an error then sit your butt at the last rank.

To me it was funny how JC lost and all of a sudden they got a second life because of an error.
    So who cares if they play the late game and come back early next morning.do you want everything handed to them.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 pm

You cant seed JC out of the top 3. Even after coming in because of the error. They dont deserve the 2 seed. But you cant seed them really anywhere else.

Vaughn or Loyola or Oakwood would be pretty pissed and rightfully so if they had to play Richardson first round or in Game #2. Even if they got in on a technicallity you have the seed them where they would have assuming they won to gain entry.
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Dy and fletchers

DONT DISAPPOINT ! Very Happy

let em know peel aint that badd after all Smile
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm

[quote="kobee24"]Dy and fletchers

DONT DISAPPOINT ! Very Happy

let em know peel aint that badd after all Smile[/quote]

Its going to be very hard for DY at this years OFSAA. They have to get through St.Mikes, Eastern, Vaughn, Oakwood or Sacred Heart, Richardson, Loyola to make the final. They would have to play the smartest basketball ever displayed at an OFSAA as well as play with the same heart they played with in the ROPSAA final for four consecutive games. So I think their expectations are not very high. Regardless, Ill be pulling for them.

Fletchers now, win or lose, will have an easier 2nd game than DY will have. A 2nd round game against Henry Carr is winnable for Fletchers. Thats assuming they play disciplined basketball. We all know Fletchers goes through stretches of undisciplined basketball in games. Assuming they upset Carr Then a game with Oakwood is again winnable in my eyes if they play lights out basketball which they are capable of doing. If they upset Richardson and get by STA then they would meet up with Sacred. I havent seen Sacred play so I would know how Fletchers would match up.

I will not be surprised to see Fletchers in the quarters maybe even the cindarella and getting to the semis. DY on the other hand got a raw draw ide be shocked if they got into the quarters.
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Post by lovethegame Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Given the fact that the OP deleted all their posts, looks like this one is another for the dustbin Laughing
    basketball_atr
    Freshman

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by basketball_atr Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Realistically, JC could have gone down to a three seed and not played Vaughan till the final as the 3 seed goes left. With that in mind, OFSAA would not take into opinion the fact JC got in unfairly. OFSAA takes the team that earned the spot fairly, even though as messed up the whole Pickering JC situation became, JC was the team who didn't cheat based on league rules.

Personally, I would have liked to see the team Pickering beat in the semis to face JC. But for OFSAA can you really blame them for putting on paper the 2nd best team in the Province 2nd overall in the rankings. Unfair to think they did a poor job here because they are taking the teams that are in front of them and simply placing them based on their record, not the controversy behind them.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 pm

At the end of the day rankings don't matter. If Vaughn is truly the best team in the province, it does not matter when they play the other teams because they would still win. Rank J Clarke in 12th so the play Vaughan in the first game it makes no difference. Look at Oakwood last year no doubt they had the toughest schedule. If you are the best team on that weekend you will win your games, plain and simple.
    SN121
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2011-03-05

Post by SN121 Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:54 pm

I think Fletcher's Meadow matches up well with J Clarke and I wouldn't be shocked to see them win the game. As for the other Peel team, D'Youville might have trouble against St. Mike's but their style could frustrate EC in the next round.
    basketballbuzz.ca
    basketballbuzz.ca
    Freshman

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by basketballbuzz.ca Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:40 am

Stay Up to date with all the OFSAA news, annd othe Canadian High School and Toronto basketball hype etc right
    http://basketballbuzz.ca/all/category/boys/
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Or simply go to the OFSAA web site for ad free links to the scores.
    dak1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by dak1 Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

At half Vaughan and Eastern Commerce
    The score is 26-24, but can't tell who is up?
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm

eastern is up 26-24
    RankB
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-10-20