HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

ALL STAR GAME

B.I.L.
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-03-19

ALL STAR GAME Empty ALL STAR GAME

Post by B.I.L. Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm

how do you get selected to the allstar game?
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

ALL STAR GAME Empty Re: ALL STAR GAME

Post by rerun Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 am

Usually, each region has a tryout after the March Break. In Durham, all the coaches get an email from the regional team coaches. The coaches are asked to select their top two or three players to attend the regional tryout. Then, the regional coach selects 10-12 guys from that pool of top players to play in the Battle of the Boards Event. Now, if you live in Brampton or Mississauga, they have a Peel Region Allstar Game and I'm sure a different selection process for that particular event.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 pm

As for Peel they have there try outs for a top 20 and top 40 game. So 40 players selected through the same process you described above. However for the Battle of the Boards event I believe the Coaches hand select 10-12 players in Peel. They select players from the top 20 game.
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Peel will be hosting one tryout after the March break. At this tryout we will pick a Battle of the Boards team (10-12 players) and 40 players to play at the Peel All Star games. Players are eligible to play in both games. We also have one more tryout where we decide who plays in the top 20 or 40 game.

All tryout information has been sent out to Peel coaches and all players who have been nominated to try out should of have gotten tryout info from their coaches.

2hot2handlez
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by 2hot2handlez Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 am

do every single coach in peel get an email? and when are tryouts around ? :S if coaches dont get email, what can you do to still tryout :S

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 pm