HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
TrueTalkz50
eastern#1
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
loveball
DrewEbanks
Ronson
IYG (Improve Your Game)
basketballpro
12 posters

Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster

basketballpro
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-08-14

Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster Empty Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster

Post by basketballpro Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 pm

2011 NIKE EYBL ROSTER

C- Sim Bhullar, Huntington Prep (WV) (7-5, 2012)
    C- Richard Peters, Westwind Prep (AZ) (6-9, 2012)
    F- Anthony Bennett, Findlay Prep (NV) (6-7, 2012)
    F- Stefan Jankovic, Huntington Prep (WV) (6-10, 2012)
    F- Dyshawn Pierre, Anderson CVI (ON) (6-6, 2012)
    F- Andrew Wiggins, Vaughan (ON) (6-7, 2014)
    F- Nick Madray, Stephen Lewis (ON) (6-9, 2013)
    G- Negus Webster-Chan, Huntington Prep (WV) (6-6, 2012)
    G- Martin Dixon-Green, Vermont Academy (VT) (6-3, 2012)
    G- Jarryn Skeete, Wasatch Academy (UT) (6-2, 2012)
    G- Naz Long, Findlay Prep (NV) (6-2, 2012)
    G- Nick Lewis, Our Savior (NY) (6-2, 2012)
    G- Kevin Zabo, St.Mark's (MA) (6-1, 2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9Xa7YDh1Q
    http://inside.nikebasketball.com/news/eliteyouth/

Has Wiggins decided to move to Takeover and leave Grassroots. Wiggins Madray and Pierre are the the only 3 players playing in Canada.
    IYG (Improve Your Game)
    Freshman

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2009-09-14

Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster Empty Re: Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster

Post by IYG (Improve Your Game) Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

This is the best canadian AAU sqaud of all time! Team Takeover let's go!

Last edited by IYG (Improve Your Game) on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ronson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster Empty Re: Nike EYBL CIA Bounce/Team Takeover Canada Roster

Post by Ronson Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 am

WOWZERS! Shocked This squad could bang in the NCAA, right now, no joke! There isnt a single person on the roster that isn't a D1 talent
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:35 am

IYG (Improve Your Game) wrote:This is the best canadian AAU sqaud of all time! Team Take over let's go!

Agreed! This squad could battle High major D1 programs. The BEST cdn AAU for sure if all play and one of the best in all AAU in North America in my opinion!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 pm

[quote="DrewEbanks"][quote="IYG (Improve Your Game)"]This is the best canadian AAU sqaud of all time! Team Take over let's go![/quote]

Agreed! This squad could battle High major D1 programs. The BEST cdn AAU for sure if all play and one of the best in all AAU in North America in my opinion!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)[/quote]

Drew,

Don't be silly. This team is STACCCKEDDDD, but would loose by 50+ points to any high major D1 programs..
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:46 am

I dont know if they would lose by 50+ points thats putting a lot on it. I'm sue if they were in the tournament they would be a team with he potential to upset. Thats the type of talent on the roster. My starting 5 would be Sim, Bennett, Wiggins, Negus, and Naz.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 am

loveball wrote:
    DrewEbanks wrote:
    IYG (Improve Your Game) wrote:This is the best canadian AAU sqaud of all time! Team Take over let's go!

Drew

Drew,

Don't be silly. This team is STACCCKEDDDD, but would loose by 50+ points to any high major D1 programs..

Not being silly at all. That is a very good squad loveball...of course they would have to play them to truly see the outcome...
    I think they could give several good to top D1 teams a run for their money.

I don't think there's a chance they would lose by 50-plus points though as you said. I see these guys up close all the time and know how good they are. Most if not all will be key pieces, not role players on their eventual NCAA squads so it's not a stretch to say they could beat some high-major teams or be very competitive at least!
    Just my opinion...

Thanks for yours.

Drew
    IYG (Improve Your Game)
    Freshman

Post by IYG (Improve Your Game) Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 pm

If they all had the same time to prepare like a D1 teams with weight training, systems and sets they are a top 5 if not #1. This team has no weakness. To think other wise is crazy. All the team takeover teams have a chane to win each age group.
    eastern#1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post by eastern#1 Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:33 pm

First of all they are very talented indeed, but IYG your comment is RIDICULOUS! however, i agree given a full year to train etc they would be quite good and maybe they would be in the ncaa tourney it really depends on coaching imo! If you gave this group to Coach K, then yes maybe they could be top 10.

BTW...who is "coaching" this group?
    IYG (Improve Your Game)
    Freshman

Post by IYG (Improve Your Game) Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Michael George, Tony McIntyre, Nicky Davis, Derek Boyce are the coaches. Nicky Davis is the assitant coach at sherdian college who has been offered coaching jobs in the states, but opts out cause his son has three years here left of School. With him at the helm and Mike George, Tony McIntyre who needs no intro. Derek Boyce is underated coach who been in the background in all there succes. This is all hypothetical but coaching would not be the issue. The only issue would be finance and facilty.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah dis squad is proper probably the best aau squad coming out of canada
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Loveball to reiderate Drews point check out this article:
    http://northpolehoops.com/?action=article&pageid=70c639df5e30bdee440e4cdf599fec2b
    Look at the schools that are recruiting each and every player and then tell me its not an impressive list. Just about every player besides nick and dyshawn was recruited by a school that has been top 25 in the past 5 years. The team hs height and talent, you still think that they would los by 50+?
    OnCourtCoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by OnCourtCoach Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 pm

didnt wiggins leave canadato move to the states? confused
    TU20
    Freshman

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2009-08-25

Post by TU20 Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 pm

It would be nice to see that team in action in some local gyms/tournaments.

Wiggins' family continues to live in Vaughan & I believe Andrew is finishing this school year off at Vaughan, then heading down to US prep next school year.
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 am

[quote="DrewEbanks"][quote="loveball"][quote="DrewEbanks"][quote="IYG (Improve Your Game)"]This is the best canadian AAU sqaud of all time! Team Take over let's go![/quote]

Drew

Drew,

Don't be silly. This team is STACCCKEDDDD, but would loose by 50+ points to any high major D1 programs..[/quote]

Not being silly at all. That is a very good squad loveball...of course they would have to play them to truly see the outcome...
    I think they could give several good to top D1 teams a run for their money.

I don't think there's a chance they would lose by 50-plus points though as you said. I see these guys up close all the time and know how good they are. Most if not all will be key pieces, not role players on their eventual NCAA squads so it's not a stretch to say they could beat some high-major teams or be very competitive at least!
    Just my opinion...

Thanks for yours.

Drew

Drew,

I respect your opinion my friend. The same way I respect (and enjoy) reading all the articles you share with us. I watch all these guys play up front and in person as well, probably just as often as you. The only reason I say these guys would loose by 50 points (which I still believe) to ANY big 6 conference team in the NCAA is solely because of AGE. No other reason what so ever. I understand EVERY SINGLE guy on this current AAU roster is a high major D1 prospect and these guys are being recruited by the best of the best schools. However, as you say in your last posts, these guys will be key pieces EVENTUALLY on their respected squads. The important word here is 'eventual' my friend. As good as all these Canadian guys are, they would be BOYS playing against MEN if matched up against any high level d1 program. In my opinion I just can't see 16-17 year old boys, playing against some guys who are 18-19, and a whole bunch of guys who are 20,21, even 22 and 23 years old.

In my opinion this roster would match up POSSIBLY with lower level d1 teams. Think Canisus, St Peters, Iona, East Tennessee State. I think its a huge stretch to say these guys could compete with high major d1 programs like UCLA, Arizona, Duke, UNC , etc at the current moment in time.

For example, I am a die-hard UCLA fan. UCLA has Tyler Honeycutt and Malcolm Lee who are a year away from being legit NBA players. They also have Josh Smith who is two years away from being an NBA player, and Reeves Nelson who is a fringe NBA prospect. Not to mention Lazeric Jones (senior PG) who was one of the JUCO college players of the year last year. In my opinion no roster of 16-17 year olds (no matter how talented and how potential filled) could compete with an NCAA team like UCLA. Just my opinion.

Anyways, I respect your opinion Drew and I am curious what you think about my post, and the importance the age factor I speak of plays in comparing say an NCAA team like UCLA to this current roster of Canadian AAU studs.
    OnCourtCoach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by OnCourtCoach Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 pm

this team wouldnt be complete without JUSIN EDWARDS
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 pm

I believe Justin isnt on the team because he's a year older. My thinking is that they will keep this group together for next summer as well.
    iball23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by iball23 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:55 am

Surprised Pangos isn't banging with em talented squad for sure but compete with top d1 schools... common now these are just kids most of whom are still finishing their grd 12yr and some who are still junior aged players aha still extremely talented and not to mention deep
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:05 am

[quote="iball23"]Surprised Pangos isn't banging with em talented squad for sure but compete with top d1 schools... common now these are just kids most of whom are still finishing their grd 12yr and some who are still junior aged players aha still extremely talented and not to mention deep[/quote]

I don't think the idea of Kevin playing would sit well with the University of Gonzaga.
    iball23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by iball23 Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:39 am

I can't see to why there would be a problem, I mean there are players on the team who've already commited to their respectable programs
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:34 am

I am almost positive once Pangos signed a scholarship offer to play for Gonzaga, they would take out some sort of legal contract limiting to what he can and what he can't do in regard to participating in summer basketball leagues/events. I am almost positive most d1 programs would do this with all their upcoming recruits. I am not 100 percent sure though, if somebody could shed some light on this..

Remember, Kevin is an international player coming to Gonzaga to play basketball, and the school is making a huge investment in bringing in Kevin, or any other players coming to play at their respected schools.

I think incoming recruits would be allowed to play with national teams, junior national teams, or teams along those lines. However, I think most major d1 programs who invest tens upon tens of thousands of dollars to bring an athlete to their school, would definitely not want their players competing in AAU tournaments.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks for the kind words "loveball". Glad you like the work done for the hoops community that we do. Age will be a factor of course when you're talking about 16-18 year-old young men...but many 18 year-olds are playing on D1 rosters as well. Yes you are right a lot of those D1 squads are playing with men essentially so it would be intriguing to say the least if this Bounce team say could play a D1 squad somehow to see how they would measure up. The key word I used in my previous post was "some" high major squads. I think they could beat some good NCAA teams...not too much of a stretch...maybe not the super power houses but they could beat a lot of teams to me. Just hypothetical of course but these are some super-talented kids that if they played the right way and played together could do some damage. I think they would crush most of those lower level D1 programs you mentioned. Anyways thanks for your opinion and it's great to debate back and forth. That's what this forum is about and that's why Hooptown is such a good site. By the way I guess we'll know how good this team is when the EYBL starts because if they don't do well then your argument probably has good merit. If they steamroll the competition maybe then that may support my points!
    I do hope they do well though as this would further enhance the prospects of Cdn ballers down south.

Drew
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 am

when and where are the workouts and camps
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am

zonekiller wrote:when and where are the workouts and camps

Zonekiller...Bounce is actually having a workout/training camp this weekend at Sheridan College in Brampton from this evening to Saturday. Then they are finishing up at Father Henry Carr on Sunday. Guys like Negus Webster-Chan and Martin Dixon-Green and Anthony Bennett(Findlay Prep) will be taking part. I believe the Bhullars will be there as well as Jarryn Skeete and many more. CROWN will have coverage of all three days!

Drew
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:56 am

[quote="DrewEbanks"]Thanks for the kind words "loveball". Glad you like the work done for the hoops community that we do. Age will be a factor of course when you're talking about 16-18 year-old young men...but many 18 year-olds are playing on D1 rosters as well. Yes you are right a lot of those D1 squads are playing with men essentially so it would be intriguing to say the least if this Bounce team say could play a D1 squad somehow to see how they would measure up. The key word I used in my previous post was "some" high major squads. I think they could beat some good NCAA teams...not too much of a stretch...maybe not the super power houses but they could beat a lot of teams to me. Just hypothetical of course but these are some super-talented kids that if they played the right way and played together could do some damage. I think they would crush most of those lower level D1 programs you mentioned. Anyways thanks for your opinion and it's great to debate back and forth. That's what this forum is about and that's why Hooptown is such a good site. By the way I guess we'll know how good this team is when the EYBL starts because if they don't do well then your argument probably has good merit. If they steamroll the competition maybe then that may support my points!
    I do hope they do well though as this would further enhance the prospects of Cdn ballers down south.

Drew

Drew,

Great post. A healthy debate is what definitely keeps these forums interesting. As always, I like hearing what you have to say. I am hoping as well that this team does some damage once the Nike league starts, it would definitely further enhance the already increasing profile of Canadian basketball. I guess we will have to wait and see how this team competes and stacks up against other high level teams from the states, and than we can continue our debate. And yes, I totally agree with you. If this team were to go out and stomp the competition all summer long in the Nike league, they could possibly match up nicely with some high level d1 programs, and would give merit to your argument. As well, vice versa...If this team were to go out and get slaughtered all summer long, it would give merit to my argument.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:13 am