HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
peelplayer3
lebronjames
jaxxx
Dunbarton Coach Deighan
southballer_15
9 posters

Jamal Reynolds Mixtape!

southballer_15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Jamal Reynolds Mixtape! Empty Jamal Reynolds Mixtape!

Post by southballer_15 Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuVbRROfEw
    Dunbarton Coach Deighan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Jamal Reynolds Mixtape! Empty Re: Jamal Reynolds Mixtape!

Post by Dunbarton Coach Deighan Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 am

Our senior team played Pine Ridge this season and Jamal is for real. He is a scoring machine that can take over a game by himself. He will be a top 3 player in durham next year, if not the best player (no disrespect to anyone i'm forgetting or don't know about).
    jaxxx
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2011-04-05

Post by jaxxx Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm

he will be the best player at whatever prep school he is at next year
    lebronjames
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2011-04-05

Post by lebronjames Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 pm

jaxxx wrote:he will be the best player at whatever prep school he is at next year
    how do you know he is going to prep school ?
    peelplayer3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2011-10-18

Post by peelplayer3 Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Hes a elite baller forsure, should have gone prep though
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Should have gone Prep???

Why?

If you know anything about Jamal, then you would know that he had plenty of opportunities to go to a prep school, but, he turned them down. He likes the idea of playing for his home school. He likes the idea of trying to win a championship with his close friends. He is absolutley loved, respected, appreciated at Pine Ridge and having a great time in the process. There is no need for him to go to prep school unless he was really unhappy or disatisfied.

He knows what he's doing with his basketball career. He doesn't need to reclassify and drop back two years to get a basketball scholarship. He has plenty of options trust me.....LOL.
    peelplayer3
    Freshman

Post by peelplayer3 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Im not saying that, i meant to play against the best competition and the best exposure that he deserves. He can make Prep teams like Huntington or maybe even Findlay if he has gotten better, we all know those schools are much better in every way. His decision is legit though, and I forsure respect him for that, keep grinding
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Pine Ridge is a good program in the GTA, they will play against good competition why should he go anywhere else if he likes it there...
    peelplayer3
    Freshman

Post by peelplayer3 Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Im NOT saying Pine Ridge is not a good program but the GTA lacks competition now expecially for a player his level, most stars from the GTA have gone south (Wiggins, Madray, Bennett, Ennis, Watkins, Ergas, Nick Lewis...etc) All these players earned their rep here and went down south to send a message to the USA ballers who have it all. All im saying is that he deserves to play the best while training with the best to become the best.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I disagree too. Some of these players going to prep schools aren't playing against better competition and are not getting the best training to.

With a lot of players going south, the players the stay will get more attention now! When they start dominating they will receive more interest!

Some that are going down, are geting lost in the mix
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Peelplayer3,

I understand what you are saying. However, when I read posts about this topic I hear to many young players simplify this whole "Should I stay here or go to a US Prep School." You don't necessarily have to leave to improve your game. You just have to make a conscience decision to improve your game and seek out opportunities to do so. Kevin Pangos is turning heads at Gonzaga right now and he stayed right here for four years. He improved without the aid of some US prep school. Kevin was extremely hard working and disciplined. He played basketball in his own community, with his friends and in the day to day comfort of his home. There is nothing wrong with any athlete that choses that route!

If you get an opportunity to see Jamal play this year, then you will see a player that has significantly improved this season. He is bigger, stronger, faster and 20 pounds heavier than the end of the 2010-2011 season. He's more aggressive, hungrier and intense. You would almost think that he went to a US Prep school and returned home a better player. However, he did it right here. Jamal did two a days and three a day workouts in the summer. He worked with with people like Corey and Devoe Joseph when they were available. He worked on his game and conditioning with a passion and disciplined approach seldom seen in high school athletes. Jamal was working out like he was trying to go #1 overall in the upcoming NBA DRAft!

As I said before, you don't have to go to prep school to get better. Secondly, Jamal knows what he is doing. Finally, I'm sure if you were in Jamal's shoes, you would have bounced a long time ago.

P.S. If this Prep school thing is the right thing to do all the time, then why is Naz Long back here. I'm curious! Why do guys leave one prep school and go to the next one and then the next one.
    t43
    Freshman

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by t43 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself rerun...going South and prep schools is definitely not always in everyone's best interests. I always tell it to the kids this way...if you work hard enough, if your attitude is good enough and if you put everything you've got into your training and basketball skills then it doesn't matter where you attend (that's just geography). If you excel here in Canada you will get noticed...end of story...you do not need to get lost in a sea of a million athletes that are currently over enrolled at prep schools in the US.
    Jamal is a great kid through and through...his skills and perseverance are going to do great things for him this season. Expect that everyone will know his name by the end of this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:09 am