HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Raptors 2012 draft

observer
    observer
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 451
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Raptors 2012 draft Empty Raptors 2012 draft

Post by observer Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Ross seems like a decent pick at 8, not high profile but a catch and shoot scorer with some athleticism who should fit well in their offense. Had they won the coin flip with GS they could have had Barnes, probably the better athlete but not as good a shooter as this kid. As Ray Allen has proven, a deep shooter who can stroke it has value.

Although they are getting some heat for not drafting Drummond, I like this pick. I can't see Drummond playing in front of either Davis or Amir Johnson right now. Amazing physical speciman but he didn't really dominate in the NCAA and he can't shoot free throws.

At 37 Acy looks like a banger/grinder/rebounder type and there is always room on a roster for an effort, hustle guy like that.

Interesting story on Acy and his agent on ABC Nightline.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/hoop-dreams-16683618
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021

Raptors 2012 draft Empty Re: Raptors 2012 draft

Post by petro Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Nice story... nice kid... but it's only the beginning.

I saw a lot of Baylor games this year... I think this guy can play... and will play... and he'll be considered a steal at 37
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295

Post by Coach Clement Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 am

observer wrote:Ross seems like a decent pick at 8, not high profile but a catch and shoot scorer with some athleticism who should fit well in their offense. Had they won the coin flip with GS they could have had Barnes, probably the better athlete but not as good a shooter as this kid. As Ray Allen has proven, a deep shooter who can stroke it has value.

Although they are getting some heat for not drafting Drummond, I like this pick. I can't see Drummond playing in front of either Davis or Amir Johnson right now. Amazing physical speciman but he didn't really dominate in the NCAA and he can't shoot free throws.

At 37 Acy looks like a banger/grinder/rebounder type and there is always room on a roster for an effort, hustle guy like that.

Interesting story on Acy and his agent on ABC Nightline.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/hoop-dreams-16683618

Well in Ross's case he fits the professed need for shooters which Casey stated at the end of the season. As far as Acy goes he has been an over-achiever from the outset and maybe can help off the bench. I do like what he's about!
    observer
    observer
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 451

Post by observer Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 am

Not exactly related to the Raptors draft but this is an interesting article on twin brothers we might see in the NBA in three or four years.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/19571604/top-2013-recruits-harrison-twins-might-be-best-package-deal-ever

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 pm