HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Pickering High Trojans

sebastian31
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-08-01

Pickering High Trojans Empty Pickering High Trojans

Post by sebastian31 Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Can someone fill me in on how this team has been progressing this season. Strengths/weaknesses? Have they been under-achieving since their dominant performance at the Henry Carr tourny?
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Pickering High Trojans Empty Re: Pickering High Trojans

Post by OnlyTheTruth Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:09 am

Pickering is a really nice team this year there team leader is Jonathan Tull but is getting a great boost of help from Rob Gagliardi. They arent as good as last year and i doubt they ever will be but i think they do have a chance of winning 4A once again this year. But then again there is Eastern Commerce who has already beaten them in there first battle of the season so we will see what happens. Maybe it could be the same thing as last year lose 2 games early and then just go on a non stop winning streak for the rest we will just have to wait and see what happens with this talented squard.
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by HooptownGTA Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:51 am

2008-2009 updates vs. other Super 16 teams or losses to non-Super 16 teams:
    -Huron Tourn: Gold. Defeated West Humber 68-47.
    -Henry Carr Tourn: Gold. Defeated Loyola 81-65, Mother Teresa 59-48, Henry Carr 76-65.
    -Pinky Lewis tourn: Silver. Lost to Eastern Commerce 59-57 in the final.
    -Court Heinbuch Classic: Silver. Lost to Mother Teresa 81-74 OT in the final.

2008-2009 key updates vs. non-GTA teams:
    -Pinky Lewis: Defeated Assumption 64-61.
    -Court Heinbuch: Defeated St.Thomas More (Hamilton) 53-49, London Beal 71-42.

I wouldn't call what they have done so far this early season "under-achieving". They lost in the final's of two good tournaments to #1 Eastern Commerce by a basket and lost to #2 Mother Teresa in OT.
    smith
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-10-12

Post by smith Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:39 pm

This pickering high team has lost key players due to dismissals. They are undersized and are lacking to many players to be able to even come nere to winning a ofsaa championship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:51 pm