HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

Andrew Wiggins

Crabber
    Freshman

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Andrew Wiggins Empty Andrew Wiggins

Post by Crabber Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm

I love watching watching Andrew play and do agree that he is the top teenager in the world. but some people are wanting him to go from 2014 to 2013. Andrew has denided this. But his grades are the one thing that I do not know about him. Will or can anyone respond to this. Thank you, Crabber.
    bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Andrew Wiggins Empty Re: Andrew Wiggins

Post by bigred Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 am

I agree he is good and would turn out to be a great player .but how could you say he is the top teenager in the world did you travel it to find out cut the foolishness things like this only pumps air into the player head.

Crabber
    Freshman

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by Crabber Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:10 pm

bigred wrote:I agree he is good and would turn out to be a great player .but how could you say he is the top teenager in the world did you travel it to find out cut the foolishness things like this only pumps air into the player head.

I was not the one to say that. But yes he did play against all the best players in the world this year & outplayed everybody & I saw live streaming of most of those games & he is rated #1 by everybody. I have a friend from Hampton Virginia. who has coached for many, many years,Boo Williams. boo said he is the best high school kid he ever saw.. I believe Boo over anyone in the world.
    bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by bigred Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:27 am

I will say it again he is one OF the best not the best in the world,everyday there are someone new coming out. Every country have a hidden gem.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/Mamadou-Ndiaye-Brethren-Christian-High-School-basketball-player-Senegal-012012. If this kid was to go to the NBA right now with wiggins who you think would go first.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 pm

On Ndiaye - he's big, but in videos he looks really raw and in need of a huge deal of coaching and exposure against other talent. I hadn't seen anything on him this summer, which makes you wonder. This looks like another Thabeet or John Riek story to me. Big, (likely older than he says) and not much else.

On Wiggins - great player who doesn't seem to let the hype get to him. He knows he has to work - and does what he has to do. I'd love to see him reclassify just to have him show that Canadians can make D1 with four years of school. Plus, let him have a year to be compared against those in his age group. It's now common knowledge that he's in fact older than Jabari Parker - the top of 2013 class, and perhaps a more honest assessment of where his game should be for his age in comparison to the other "Superstars" of the past.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:20 pm