HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+20
sickshoes24
jayy
Dwill#8
NhSRAIDERS_PG3
basketball_atr
wcbasketball
highflya
dk_jazz25
LEBRON4MVP
BornToBall
coachalkins
balla_1
THEGRUBB
Tila_Tequila
Coach Clement
bronbron23
simple touch5
acie earl 55
VCforMVP
CoachImgrund
24 posters

York Region First Place Cross-Over Games

CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

York Region First Place Cross-Over Games Empty York Region First Place Cross-Over Games

Post by CoachImgrund Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Games all take place Monday through Wednesday (i.e. December 15th - 17th). All teams have yet to lose a game this season. Any predictions?

North:
    Sacred Heart vs. Newmarket

East:
    St. Augustine vs. Bill Crothers

Central:
    St. Theresa vs. Thornhill

West:
    St. Jean de Brebeuf vs. Vaughan
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

York Region First Place Cross-Over Games Empty Re: York Region First Place Cross-Over Games

Post by VCforMVP Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:42 pm

I think Newmarket, St.Augustine, Thonhill, and Breabeuf.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

York Region First Place Cross-Over Games Empty Re: York Region First Place Cross-Over Games

Post by acie earl 55 Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:52 pm

I think VC's predictions will be a perfect 0-4!
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by simple touch5 Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:04 pm

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH brebuf over Vaughan 'L'
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:01 am

lmaoo yea this guys gotta be joking....

newmarket
    St.augustine
    STL
    Vaughn
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:58 am

Newmarket vs. Sacred . . .

A battle of Newmarket's offence vs. SH's defence. I'll take Sacred's recent history of good coaching for years on that one.

St. Augustine vs. Crothers

St. A. developing a nice team, but is leading a really weak division of teams (even Markham isn't very impressive this year compared to their past crop) Can they handle Crothers' B team?
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Post by VCforMVP Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:55 am

Why would Vaughan beat Brebeuf?
    Tell me 5 reasons.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:19 am

[quote="VCforMVP"]Why would Vaughan beat Brebeuf?
    Tell me 5 reasons.[/quote]

Roshane, Dinjyl, Henry, Aiddian & ?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:21 am

No disrespect to Brebeuf!!!

They are a good team with a great young coach! Cool
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:12 am

Scared heart, st. augustine, not sure about thornhill vs stl, and vaughan
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Post by simple touch5 Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 am

troy and cy lol breabuf has not shown/proven anythign they have gotten slapped by richview which is on the line of being top ten or H.m and have lost almost every game in a tournament while vaughan have pretty much faced and won agianst most of the top 10 seeds so what makes u think that breabeuf can beat vaughan. i want to see this
    THEGRUBB
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by THEGRUBB Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:09 pm

ST. A's head coach and two of his starters were at BCSS scouting the game between BCSS and Middlefield. BCSS will be the first real challenge for St. A. I know St. A will win if their two 3 point shooter (#4 HO, #15 THOMAS) is hot.
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Post by VCforMVP Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:30 pm

What you saying about Justin Jarvis?
    He cn slam on anybody bro.
    Big L for yall who forgot about him he can singlehandely beat vaughans press and zone witha fucking dunk .
    Dunno!
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Post by simple touch5 Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 pm

so just becuz he can dunk they will win? WOW someone needs to go back and understand the concepts of basketball a dunk is only 2 points wether u decide to lay it in and dunk it its going to be the same amount of points so thats not a good arguement
    balla_1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by balla_1 Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm

lol this guy said brebeuf will beat vaughan...huge L
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 pm

I have seen some amazing things from Justin but he cannot beat Vaughan's press single-handed.

No one can! They are after it. Relentless pressure!
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Post by VCforMVP Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Well thats just your opinion coach.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:43 pm

no man, thats a fact, go ask every coach that has played against Vaughn and ask him/her if you can break there press with one man...i guarantee not one will say it is possible...seriousli man get your facts straight because every comment you have said does not make sense at all
    coachalkins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by coachalkins Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:59 pm

I would like to thank Coach Clement for his thoughts, regarding our Jr. Team this season. And I know the basketball community says a win is a win, but when we played MT for 3rd at the Carr Tournament, 2 of their best players were not playing. It made a big difference and anyone who watched the game would tell you the same.
    We at Vaughan have much respect for MT and the program they run in Scarborough. Good luck Coach Bob in your league play this week.
    BornToBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 174
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by BornToBall Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:23 pm

How ocme St.Theresa gets no respect, well hardly any, if they beat Mother Theresa. People dont evene Put St. Theresa in their top 10.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:38 pm

[quote="coachalkins"]I would like to thank Coach Clement for his thoughts, regarding our Jr. Team this season. And I know the basketball community says a win is a win, but when we played MT for 3rd at the Carr Tournament, 2 of their best players were not playing. It made a big difference and anyone who watched the game would tell you the same.
    We at Vaughan have much respect for MT and the program they run in Scarborough. Good luck Coach Bob in your league play this week.[/quote]

Thanks Coach. All Good!

I was hurting a bit but we will regroup!

I understand now what went down.

I appreciate the thought.

Respect!

You guys are the new force on the scene and you will only get better! Cool
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by CoachImgrund Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:52 pm

Born2Ball: Good question! We've not only beat a top team like MT, but we've also beat up-and-comers Loyola and won every regular season game up here in York. Despite early season losses to West Hill and Xavier, I think anyone who has seen us play in the last few weeks can agree that we are top 16 material. Not sure where in that top 16 we stand, but definitely somewhere!

It takes time to get proper recognition. The season is still young!
    LEBRON4MVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by LEBRON4MVP Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 pm

coach you spend alot of your time explaning why you think your team is a top team, alot of good coaches do not have to explain that there team is good they have games to show for it the fact that you say you beat MT and when brebuef blew you guys out you say we had back to back games so did mother theresa they played brebeuf 1st from what i hear it was a close game.
    dk_jazz25
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

Post by dk_jazz25 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

[quote="balla_1"]lol this guy said brebeuf will beat vaughan...huge L[/quote]
    actually is not a huge L becuase brebuef was up most of the game and ended up losing to vaugn by 2 so the huge L is on u
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Post by simple touch5 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

LOL u cant possibly count that lol vaughan played bad and at the end of teh day they styll won so naw u styll get the 'L' cause u said they would win but they lost there is nothing ot argue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:36 am