HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+3
hoopstar713
sirslick
Baller04
7 posters

Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17)

Baller04
    Freshman

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2013-02-18

Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17) Empty Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17)

Post by Baller04 Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

What teams are looking good? Toronto Triple Threat, Brampton Warriors, Advantage Titans, Scarborough Blues, Ottawa Guardsmen???

Leave/Post Yor Predictions
    sirslick
    Freshman

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-09-18

Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17) Empty Re: Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17)

Post by sirslick Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 am

Etobicoke Thunder #1 will be good. The team boasts standout guards Andre Kelly & Parker Joyce. Along with power forward Adrian Wadden and wings Lucas Orlita & Ebuka Ebula, this team will create matchup problems for alot of teams. The bench is solid.

Last edited by sirslick on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Player left the team)
    hoopstar713
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17) Empty Re: Predictions For Teams That Are Going To be Division 1 (U17)

Post by hoopstar713 Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:44 pm

I dont believe Advantage Titans have a team for this age group. As well, the Scarborough Blues team lost to Etobicoke #2 by 13, so I dont think theyll be D1. Teams to look out for, in addition to Triple Threat, Brampton, Ottawa Guardsman and EBA #1 are:
    Blessed Sacrement
    Motion #1
    Waterloo Wolverines- only lost to triple threat by 3
    Motion #2- old starting lineup of EBA #1
    North Region Crazy Catz
    York Stingers
    Etobicoke #2- Suprisingly playing well. Not the greatest skill, but play amazing as a team
    Oba basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2013-03-25

Post by Oba basketball Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Motion #2 is looking really well. Deep team with a lot of athleticism that will make a lot of team very tired. They got gold in a tournament this weekend march 23-24. They went 4-0 defeating North region crazy cats, and beating Hamilton wildcats in the final
    hoopstar713
    Freshman

Post by hoopstar713 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:27 pm

THe crazy catz captain was injured and barely played the second half. Motion won on a boderline buzzer beater. The player clearly travelled before making the three to win the game. Trust me, I watched the game
    hoopstar713
    Freshman

Post by hoopstar713 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 pm

in addition, crazy catz lost by 15 against durham cause their captain didnt play the entire game
    Oba basketball
    Freshman

Post by Oba basketball Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Can't make excuses now. Motion beat Durham by 20 points. 1 player shouldn't decide the game. The rest of the team should step up. Motion has a deep bench. If 1 player is out due to injury, the team should step up and play harder. Cant make excuses. Good three to win the game. Not close to a travel
    hoopstar713
    Freshman

Post by hoopstar713 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

thats true, anyways, crazy catz have already set up a rematch game this saturday at James Cardinal Mcguigan, so itll be a good game to watch
    Oba basketball
    Freshman

Post by Oba basketball Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Who they facing?
    hoopstar713
    Freshman

Post by hoopstar713 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:44 pm

They were going to play motion west. However the game was cancelled
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:03 pm

This past weekend, the Ottawa Guardsman won the Etobicoke Thunder Jam U17 tournament at York University, beating Toronto Triple Threat by 3 points in the championship. Triple Threat centre Brody Clarke did not play as he's recovering from knee surgery I think.

But the Guardsman are a super team; young, long, athletic and talented - definately the team to beat right now.

Hamilton's Blessed Sacrament are a tad under-sized but tenacious and scrappy. Waterloo Wolverines looked good at the Thunder Jam tournament, and at times so did the host Etobicoke Thunder #1, who finished 2-1 but lost to Blessed Sacrament (49-46) in the quarter-finals. Etobicoke guard Andre Kelly led all scorers in that game with 15 points.
    thewatcher123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2009-11-11

Post by thewatcher123 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Toronto Triple Threat
    Ottawa Guardsmen
    Waterloo Wolverines
    Blessed Sacrament

Are definitely top 4, I didn't include Brampton Champions because they are not playing OBA's this year I understand only AAU. There are many contenders for the last 4 spots so it will be interesting for sure. There is a lot of good teams in top 10 position so its anyone's game at this point. Good Luck to all.
    hoopsterking
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2013-05-05

Post by hoopsterking Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 am

anybody knows the final rankings yet?
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am

Here's my predictions in order from 1 to 8:

Ottawa Guardsmen
    Motion 1
    Hamilton Blessed Sacrament
    Toronto Triple Threat
    Waterloo Wildhawks
    Waterloo Wolverines
    Etobicoke Thunder
    London Ramblers

Bubble teams - Ottawa Next Level, Ottawa Guardsmen 2, Motion 2, Sarnia, Etobicoke Thunder 2, North York Crazy Cats

Last edited by sirslick on Mon May 06, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : New information)
    thewatcher123
    Freshman

Post by thewatcher123 Mon May 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Sirslick is this a serious list? Based on new info you say. All I can say is WOW and really?
    You rank Waterloo Wolverines below Motion 1 and TTT although that team has beaten both those teams on multiple occasions and let's include Waterloo Wild hawks how have been successful against Motion 1 and if I'm not mistaken TTT as well. Well London Ramblers well I won't even go there.
    It is quite apparent the bias you have shown and that's OK! Your opinion and that's why they have screen names. I'm just hope that you are not apart of the OBA selection committee other wise division 1 is in huge trouble this year because I don't think they would be able to handle the amount of appeals you would cause.

PS. I have no affiliation to any teams listed. Just keeping it real!
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanx for the info watcher123! You raise s some good points so let's so your top 10 list. There will be appeals for sure as there are every year and this is only my opinion based on what I've seen and heard. Suffice to say the division is wide open this year with no clear cut favorite.

But let's see your top 10!
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanx for your response thewatcher123 and you raise some good points, but my list is based on teams I've seen play, past tournament results, word of mouth and which teams are playing good ball right now.

Like every year, there will be appeals, regardless of which teams make the top 8, so I ask you, let's see your top 8 list.

Suffice to say that the division is wide open this year, with no clear cut favourite. The selection committee will face heat from the teams that get relegated to division 2 and from the division 1 teams who might not like their seed. That's called parity and that's good for Ontario OBA basketball.

I'm glad to see some chatter on this topic though and would welcome other proposed 'top 8 lists' on this thread.

sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanx for your comments thewatcher123.

My list is based on teams I've seen play, past tournament results, word of mouth and which teams are playing good ball right now.

Nope, I'm not on the selection committee, which is always a thankless job. This year will be very tough for the committee and there will be appeals - like there are every year - based on the parity of teams. There is no clear cut favourite this year and in the long run, this is good news for Ontario and Canadian basketball as we have some outstanding young talent on the court these days...

I'm glad to see some discussion on this thread and would welcome yours and others proposed top 8 picks!
    hoopsterking
    Freshman

Post by hoopsterking Mon May 06, 2013 9:40 pm

i agree with thewatcher123, london ramblers should be a bubble team. I think that the 8th place team will be ottawa guardsman. Secondly, the only thing i disagree with thewatcher123 is that TTT should be ahead of waterloo wolverines because they beat them 3 times and only lost to them 1, and that one time was when TTT did not have their captain brody clarke. However, they should be ahead of Motion 1. Btw, how is Sarnia a bubble team?
    thewatcher123
    Freshman

Post by thewatcher123 Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am

My best guess Sir slick would be

Ottawa Guardsmen
    TTT
    Waterloo Wolverines
    Blessed Sacrament
    Waterloo Wild hawks
    Etobicoke Thunder
    Motion 1
    Left open for bubble team from what I think division 2 will look like:
    Krazy kats/Ottawa Guardsmen 2/Motion 2/Brampton Johnson/Whitby Saints/York Stingers/Hamilton Wildcats Rowe/Etobicoke Thunder 2

My best effort!
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 am

Solid list, thewatcher123. Good picks on your bubble teams. I guess we'll all find out early next week one way or another!
    sirslick
    Freshman

Post by sirslick Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast...
    hoopsterking
    Freshman

Post by hoopsterking Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm

there are rumours that north region will be placed in d3????
    thewatcher123
    Freshman

Post by thewatcher123 Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 pm

sirslick wrote:I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast...
    sirslick had to give u a lol and thumbs up on that!!!!
    thewatcher123
    Freshman

Post by thewatcher123 Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 pm

hoopsterking wrote:there are rumours that north region will be placed in d3????
    REALLY? Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:12 am