HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

LOSSA Sr. Boys AAAA Basketball - News and Scores

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

LOSSA Sr. Boys AAAA Basketball - News and Scores - Page 2 Empty Re: LOSSA Sr. Boys AAAA Basketball - News and Scores

Post by Coach Clement Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 am

First of all the player in question Jordan Henry was unbelievably hot. He is a pass-first PG he does not look to post numbers for himself. He made 10 3's in the first half alone.

Pine Ridge did not press other than in the early stages. This is a very talented with a number of elite level players any of whom can put up huge nos. Chase Vassell is a perennial leading scorer in the GTA. Nevell Provo was a member of the U-18 National team. There are several other talented players like Joel Dash who is incredibly streaky and can make a bunch of points in a hurry. The team plays uptempo and have a bunch of guys who can shoot the three. Spencer Thomas and Daniel Wright are very talented as well.They just played their normal game and one player had an incredible shooting day. They did not press they certainly did not try to run up the score. The loss to Pickering had no bearing whatsoever on this game!

I was at the game and the team had no special agenda in this game. They just played and things happened as they happened.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

LOSSA Sr. Boys AAAA Basketball - News and Scores - Page 2 Empty Re: LOSSA Sr. Boys AAAA Basketball - News and Scores

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Thursday February 12

3:45 PM Pickering H.S. @ Maxwell Heights S.S.
    3:45 PM J. Clarke Richardson 79 @ Ajax H.S. 94
    Notre Dame C.S.S. @ Pine Ridge S.S.

rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Nobs,

What is so absurd? First of all, Jordan Henry is one of the most unselfish players you will ever come across. He is always passing the ball and getting easy shots for everyone of his teammates. That's his game. One this particular night, he was in the zone. He had an incredible shooting performance in the first half with ten made 3 point shots. His teammates that he normally defers to were encouraging him to shoot since he was "on fire!" If a kid is in the zone, you can certainly let him enjoy the moment for a half and not bench him because he's playing so well.

Secondly, if you are familiar with Pine Ridge then you would know they have a lot of fire power. It wasn't the first time they scored over a 100 points on a team. They averaged 93 points a game in LOSSA League Play. They scored less points against the weaker teams and scored more against the stronger teams. When all the players are on, then they can fill it up and overpower teams with sure offense. They are capable of scoring 30-40 points in a quarter.

At the end of the day, Pine Ridge beat Maxwell by 55 points. Pickering beat All Saints by 55 a few weeks ago. What's the difference? Over the years, Pickering has beaten teams by a lot more than 55 points and weaker teams as well. You should look it up.

Now, I will disagree with Coach Clement on one point. I think the Pine Ridge kids played with a little bit of an edge and got up for the game since some of the Maxwell kids did say they were the best team in the region hands down and they are going to win the LOSSA Championship in a few weeks.

I apologize if I offended you by posting the score. I was just celebrating Jordan Henry's incredible performance. I am a fan of the kid and the person he is. He's a great player but he still doesn't get the respect and recognition he deserves.
    nobs
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-02-12

Post by nobs Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Well keep up the good work with the pineridge team and keep finding ways to hate on pickering
    No need to look anything up since you seem to be a walking encyclopedia on pineridge/pickering basketball I believe you
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks! I'll take your backhand compliment with a shake of my head and a smile. No one is hating on PK. I hope Pickering and Pine Ridge meet in the LOSSA final for round three. Pine Ridge has played ND and J Clarke in the LOSSA finals in 2012 and 2014 but never Pickering in recent times. Of course both teams have to win their quarter final and semi final games first, but if things go according to plan, then a PK-PR match up will be intense, exciting and well attended. It has turned into a nice rivalry lately and rivalries make the high school game alot more fun and entertaining. I'm a big fan of basketball and in particular the high school game.

By the way, I use to go to PK and played ball there just like Rick Maloney the creator of Hooptowngta. I also coached and taught for awile at Pine Ridge so I do know alot about both schools. Again, no one is hating on Pickering! I just state the facts!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 am

SENIOR Quarter Finals:

Tuesday, February 17th
    Ajax @ J. Clarke Richardson - 2:30pm start

Wednesday, February 18th

8th @ Pickering [If All Saints wins tomorrow, they're 8th.  If they lose to Uxbridge, Wilson is 8th] - 2:30pm start

St. Mary @ Pine Ridge -2:30 PM

Maxwell @ Notre Dame
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 am

LOSSA AAAA Quarterfinals

Ajax 62  Richardson 75
    Maxwell 64 Notre Dame 56
    St. Mary's 59 Pine Ridge 78
    All Saints 31 Pickering 82

LOSSA AAAA Semi-finals
    Friday Feb. 20

Richardson @ Pine Ridge
    Maxwell @ Pickering

Last edited by Coach Clement on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:21 pm

LOSSA Semi Final

Pickering 79 Maxwell Heights 46
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Pine Ridge defeated J Clarke by 20 but it was a game until mid-way through the 3rd quarter. Sorry I do not have a score.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Pickering and Pine Ridge on Wednesday night in Oshawa. I'm looking forward to round three since I didn't see the first two games.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 am

LOSSA AAAA Semi-finals
    Friday Feb. 20

Richardson 50 @ Pine Ridge 68
    Maxwell 46 @ Pickering 79

LOSSA AAAA Finals
    Wednesday February 25
    Durham College

Pickering vs. Pine Ridge

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:00 am