HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
Big Mo
iball23
Protege
petro
Coach Clement
9 posters

Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons Empty Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons

Post by Coach Clement Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 am

Maurice Walker is moving on to Brewster Academy in New Hampshire next year. He moves there not because he does not have interest at the College level. He has a ton.

Its also not because he does not have the scores on his SAT's he absolutely aced them. His scores are so high it caused the Prep school to question why he will even be attending at that level. They are going to develop a special academic program to meet his needs.

So why did Big Mo and his family reach this decision? Simple he has facets of his games that he wants to improve upon. These include explosiveness, conditioning, that second and third jump and perimeter defence. These improvements will make him better prepared to succeed in the NCAA. He is still only seventeen years old and will be the appropriate age to play college after his stint at Brewster.

Brewster is a great choice for this, they sent no less than eight players to the next level this season. Mo goes down with a plan and I for one have every conviction that he will succeed! Cool

Last edited by Coach Clement on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 am; edited 4 times in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons Empty Re: Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons

Post by Coach Clement Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 am

A rep player since the age of four Mo has lead his Blues teammates to no less than six gold medals, 2 silver and a bronze at the Ontario Cup.

He has been a Junior National twice and received an award as best young prospect at a highly regarded International tournament in Italy.

He was a First team Toronto Star All-Star this year.

In four years at Mother Teresa High School he was at four OFSSAA Championships with three Final Four Appearances a gold and a silver medal. Coach Gallacher worked to help him improve in the key parts of his games that needed attention.

He appeared in last night's All-Canada Game and is nominated for Mr. Basketball Canada, Mr Basketball Ontario and Best Post Player to be announced today.

Yesterday he received the President's Award for his outstanding performance over the course of his many years in the SBA.

Throughout his career he has had great support from mom Marie, father Craig and older brother Ryan.

Last edited by Coach Clement on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021

Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons Empty Re: Big Mo Moves On and for All the Right Reasons

Post by petro Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:44 am

Nice kid... good luck and best wishes Mo.
    Protege
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-12-04

Post by Protege Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Congrats to Mo for all the success that he has attained over his short basketball career. Needless to say that great things are ahead of him and his stint at Brewster will only make him more ready when he suits up next year at the NCAA level.

Craig, Marie and all of his coaches have done a great job. Mo I wish you all the best.

Last edited by Protege on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iball23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by iball23 Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 pm

All these Scarborough Blue players making it to the next level what are the Coaches doing over there? what ever it is keep it up!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Hey its the high school programs that are doing it they are just playing in our rep program!

Scarborough Blues are a great program still!
    Big Mo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

Post by Big Mo Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm

First and foremost, I would like to begin by saying thank you to all of those who have been supporting me from day 1 like my father, who has been around anytime I get in the gym to work on my game. Also for giving me advice and tips to improve my game. My mother who has been around to drive me and my teammates when a ride was needed, and for always bringing urself and your loud voice to every game you come to. Also for trying to bring me up after I feel I have lost or feel like I had a bad game and didnt do everything I could have in order to help my team win. My brother who has been around when I first started playing has always been my competition and when there is no one else big enough for me to play against, for coming to practices to battle with me and challenge me. My Grandma who doesnt make it out to alot of games, but always contacts me afterwards to find out how things went and how I played, and although she doesnt know much about basketball, she always knows what to say. Cindy who has been one of my major supporters throughout my highschool years. Thankyou for making it out to as much games as possible to support me and understanding basketball is a major part of my life. I would also like to thank all of the coaches who have been involved in developing me to become the young successful man and player I have become today.

Coach Grey: You were one of my first Blues coaches. I would like to thank you for the time and work u put in while I was young and still learning. I would also like to thank you for understanding my situation when I decided to leave your Blues team to go to coach Bob's number 2 team.

Coach Bob: From Blues 2 you have been supporting me endlessly and continue to support me today. I have enjoyed playing for you throughout the years. You have been one of my major supporters since I have first played for you, on Blues and at Mother Teresa and thank you for updating people on my status. I would also like to thank you for supporting my decision to play senior in grade 10 although I would have been a big help to the junior team that year. You introduced me to the Mother Teresa program which had been the most significant part of my development. I know you will continue to keep tabs on me and keep everyone updated on my progress at Brewster next year.

Coach Rana: Thank you for bringing me to Italy where I recieved the "Best Young Player" award and got to see alot of other great international players. That was a major event in my basketball career, and a great experience for me as an individual. I would also like to thank you for opening your gym to me with the PEP program and being understanding of the difficulties I had getting down there. I would also like to thank you for putting a good word in for me to be selected for the junior national team.

Coach Dawkins: Thank you, inviting me to all of the events that you have put on. From the Rising Stars game at the Rumble when I was in grade 9, up to the Rumble this year where I recieved Mr. Basketball Ontario. I would also like to thank both you and Rana for the great times I have had in Portland in the last 2 years. I also hope to be in Portland with you 2 again this year.

Greg Francis: The first year in your program, I enjoyed myself. Although I did not enjoy the experience so much the second year I came out, I would still like to thank you for inviting and involving me in the Junior National program.

Coach Rich: From grade 8 you convinced me to join the Mother Teresa family and welcomed me with open arms. From grade 9 you have hounded me and been on me to get in the gym and practice. You are one of the most significant if not the most significant person in my development as a player. I thank you for being there not only as a coach, but off the court as a friend and someone to talk to. Your gym is like a second home to me. It is always open and welcoming. I would also like to thank you for being so strict and harsh at times with your actions toward the team off the court because this has helped to dicipline and make me a better person. Also, thank you for boosting my recruiting by getting my name out and sending letters to coaches even though more times coaches call my mom or coach Mike saying that they cant get a hold of you. But i know you are a busy man now with 2 kids to take care of and all the best for you, your children and your wife.

Coach Mike: Thank you for always being willing to take an L when my Blues team use to play your team except for that 1 year, and after you read that thanks for all the jokes you provided on all of our trips. You have also been a major part of my recruiting and continue to take part in my development and recruiting. I would also like to thank you for putting in a good word for me at Brewster and I am looking forward to finishing off my last aau circuit with you this summer.

Anyone I missed out who feels that they should be thanked, thank you for all you have done for me.
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm

good luck
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 am

Mo, the fact that you have taken the time to write such a great post and thank the people who have helped you through the years speaks volumes about your strong character and well grounded mind set. I congratulate you, your parents, and your mentors for turning out a great individual. Good luck to you in all of your future endevours. We'll all be watching and cheering for you!
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Mo good luck and all the best...we wish you all the best.
    THESCOUT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by THESCOUT Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 pm

GREAT JOB BIG MO WELL DONE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:40 pm